PDA

View Full Version : What's this random extra knob?

ariddell
5th July 2008, 06:00 PM
Got a random extra gear shifter knob that looks like it has been added on aftermarket to my D2 that I bought today.

Anyone know what it is for? Didn't want to pull/push it too hard without knowing what it is likely to do so if anyone knows it'd be v.helpful.

Thanks

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2008/07/1103.jpg

Slunnie
5th July 2008, 06:04 PM
It'll be a twist knob. Its to activate the centre diff lock.

abaddonxi
5th July 2008, 06:10 PM
Every forum has a couple.

:D:D:D

Some more random than others.

Cheers
Simon

Slunnie
5th July 2008, 06:15 PM

Cheers
Simon
:lol2::lol2:

:(

loanrangie
5th July 2008, 07:08 PM

Cheers
Simon

And i was going to say its probably the driver :p.

WildOne
5th July 2008, 07:17 PM
Yep, as mentioned before, its to activate your central diff lock, if you twist it you should see a red symbol come up on your Dash, if your not familiar with CDL operation just remember to only use it when offroad. Driving ith it engaged on-road could result in expensive repairs. And you don't need that as you'll have to save your money for fixing all the other electrikery on your D2:p:p Welcome to the club, great car, enjoy it:D

abaddonxi
5th July 2008, 07:55 PM
Working difflock, sounds like this car is getting better and better, score.

Cheers
Simon

Basil135
9th July 2008, 08:20 AM
CDL??? I dont think so...

My friends, this is obviously the ejection handle for the seats. Pull it towards you, and the passenger seat ejects via the sunroof that is about to be installed.;) Push it away from you, and the rear seat ejectors work in a similar fashion.

If you grab it really tight & pull it straight up, all seats (inc drivers) operate.:D

:p:p

ariddell
9th July 2008, 08:57 AM
Ejector seats - now those could be useful!

CDL light does indeed illuminate when it's twisted - will leave it untwisted however and have a read up on how/when i should use it off road.

Nice bonus indeed, I found out I also have ACE fitted yesterday too.