PDA

View Full Version : The German Version

Handbrake hates Camping
8th August 2008, 12:55 PM
The german version of the perentie???

Better or worse then the Aussie Perentie ??????

Opening can of worms now!!!!!!

Doc

Sprint
8th August 2008, 01:10 PM
roobar looks perentie-like, back to the bulkhead is g-wagen, the rest looks kinda like a hummer

87County
8th August 2008, 01:26 PM
hasn't the oz-dod ordered heaps of g-wagens anyway??

somebody who follows this sort of thing will know for sure.....

JamesH
8th August 2008, 01:35 PM
I'll say it here and then go and sit on the mountain and meditate on my blasphemous sins for 40 days and nights....

I like G-Wagens.

A lot.

87County
8th August 2008, 01:42 PM
I'll say it here and then go and sit on the mountain and meditate on my blasphemous sins for 40 days and nights....

I like G-Wagens.

A lot.

yeah... they have a lot going for them - on- and off-road (come std with f&r lockers I believe) ...

and RELIABLE...and COMFORTABLE...and FAST

but EXPENSIVE ......& not as much character or internal room as a 110 wag(e)n:)

2 rocks
8th August 2008, 02:05 PM

I like G-Wagens.

A lot.

I'll second that...

And that one in the photo really works for me! :cool:

Mike

BMKal
8th August 2008, 02:14 PM
I'll second that...

And that one in the photo really works for me! :cool:

Mike

Yes - would be nice on the Freeway at about 5:00pm

Phoenix
8th August 2008, 02:31 PM
We are getting g wagens, but the SAS will be uysing a vehicle called the Nary SOV, which is a supacat vehicle

Handbrake hates Camping
8th August 2008, 02:40 PM
Some images of the Supacat - the first one is the variant the Aussie SAS is supposed to be getting.

Doc

loanrangie
8th August 2008, 03:52 PM

I like G-Wagens.

A lot.

Nothing wrong with the G wagen.

Psimpson7
8th August 2008, 03:55 PM
Good mate of mine had a 2002 swb g500 and it was awesome. Inside was like an S class!

They are pretty cool, but they do have some disadvantages

They are, and feel heavy to drive.
They dont have much articulation hence the lockers.

PeterM
8th August 2008, 06:31 PM
The big advantage the 6x6 Perenties have is the low ground pressure. The G-wagen would be lacking in that department. The SuperCat looks interesting, I wonder what its weights would be like as I'm sure the guys don't want to sacrifice anything in the way of manoeverability.

Good weapon fitout on the 'Cat and I do love the MG3/40mm combo on the G-wagen.

Blknight.aus
8th August 2008, 06:50 PM
I will put my neck out on this.. I predict....

1. they will have the same problem that EVERY new vehicle the ADF has ever aquired. Anything electronic will get red dust in it then get damp and then short out/corrode and be a nightmare to find and fix.

2. The best of the line will not be what we get we will get the base model and if possable with half the features removed to make it cheaper

3. If we do get the ones with diff locks because of the lack of skillsets in using them correctly they will break things by using them incorrectly

4. The company that designed and made them have NO idea about how far past the design limit the dumbest of the ADF drivers will be willing to try to push the vehicle becuase of one, any or all of the following reasons

a, I saw them do it in a movie
b, its a four wheel drive it should be able to do that
c, they didnt say you coudnt do that
d, they never showed us that on the course
e, I forgot you couldnt do that
f, Its been so long since Ive driven one I couldnt remember the correct way to do that
g, we had to do that because we needed to get the vehicle over,up,across there
h, I could have done that in MY four wheel drive
I, I thought it was going to make it for a while.
j, he ordered me to
k, we thought it could do that.
l, but the APC made it... (that one was after an M113a1 (an amphibious tracked armoured vehicle that floats) swum across a river so someone decided to try it in a landie, with obvious results)

5, any problems that come of any "tinkering" with the design spec after having trialed the vehicle in a more native state will be endevoured to be worked around using locally procured kit thats not really compatable with the vehicle.

but thats just my guess.

PeterM
8th August 2008, 06:54 PM
Dave, Dave, Dave...... so jaded, so cynical, so absolutely right.

Tank
9th August 2008, 12:26 AM
The german version of the perentie???

Better or worse then the Aussie Perentie ??????

Opening can of worms now!!!!!!

Doc
Ramp over looks p!$$ poor, WB too long, Regards Frank.

101RRS
9th August 2008, 10:07 AM
Some images of the Supacat - the first one is the variant the Aussie SAS is supposed to be getting.

Doc

Where are their ground clearance, and they look soooo heavy - might be OK for the deserts but what about tropics/forests and vegitated mountains?

RobHay
9th August 2008, 10:17 AM
Yes - would be nice on the Freeway at about 5:00pm

.......particularly with all that firepower mounted up, be a very brave volvo driver that cuts you off:D

RobHay
9th August 2008, 10:20 AM
Dave, Dave, Dave...... so jaded, so cynical, so absolutely right.

Dave, Brother! Bro! Cuz! Ya sound like ya work for the Govinmet:D

disco2hse
9th August 2008, 11:03 AM

Doc

Mid engined?

Looks like something from Mad Max (was that the inspiration in the buying decision?).

Alan

georgesadlik
9th August 2008, 07:48 PM
Didn't know Australian soldiers were bullet proof. Not much protection from enemy or friendly fire.

Cheers

george