PDA

View Full Version : TD5 Ecu settings for Throttle (NANOCOM)

Psimpson7
21st August 2008, 01:42 PM
Hi,

MickG just dropped by and we attempted to set up his D2 to run on a 2004 dn manual ecu I have.

We learnt teh security and it started instantly.

Then set up the injector codes... all good...

but no throttle....

Very strange. I have set up loads of ecus to run my d90 without any issues, so does anyone have any ideas.

Just to add I have manually changed the settings to both 2 and 3 track throttle with no issue.

My 90 runs a 2 track throttle, and the ecu will run my 90 without issue

Rgds
Peter.

justinc
21st August 2008, 01:58 PM
Hi,

MickG just dropped by and we attempted to set up his D2 to run on a 2004 dn manual ecu I have.

We learnt teh security and it started instantly.

Then set up the injector codes... all good...

but no throttle....

Very strange. I have set up loads of ecus to run my d90 without any issues, so does anyone have any ideas.

Just to add I have manually changed the settings to both 2 and 3 track throttle with no issue.

My 90 runs a 2 track throttle, and the ecu will run my 90 without issue

Rgds
Peter.

Hi Peter,
Is this a dfender ECU? If so it won't talk to a D2.:(

I have had this problem with a Defender before, I tried to set a 2003 flash type ECU to a 1999 110, and it too had no throttle. I tried track settings to no avail. I was then informed I may have to fit a later throttle pedal potentiometer:mad:
I didn't persist past that point however.
Strange, all you can buy for a new one now is flash type NNN prefix, and they all will work.:confused:

JC

Psimpson7
21st August 2008, 02:06 PM
Hi Justin,

No its a Discovery 2 manual one out of an 04 car.

It is definetley D2 as the temp gauge goes backwards on the 90.

As far as I was aware any td5 ecu can run any td5.... ummmm.!

My 90 has the same early throttle setup as Micks Disco too.... which makes it strange.

Rgds
Peter

justinc
21st August 2008, 02:31 PM
Hi Justin,

No its a Discovery 2 manual one out of an 04 car.

It is definetley D2 as the temp gauge goes backwards on the 90.

As far as I was aware any td5 ecu can run any td5.... ummmm.!

My 90 has the same early throttle setup as Micks Disco too.... which makes it strange.

Rgds
Peter

:confused::confused::confused:
Let me know how it goes, I would be very interested to hear a solution!

JC

Blknight.aus
22nd August 2008, 12:47 AM
you need to watch some of the change overs for aux wiring and componentry...

yes any TD5 ecu will make any Td5 run...

but if it cant talk to things like the TPS or the imobiliser you get funny results...

I do know its compatable one way but not the other but I dont know all the pitfalls other than its easier to make it work in a deefer as they have the more primative systems.

Project orange
22nd August 2008, 01:20 AM
Three Track tp sensors cannot be fitted as replacements on vehicles previously fitted with two track tp sensors. Replacement ECM's are Configured for two track tp sensors and can be fitted to all Td5 models, when replacement ecm's are fitted to vehicles using three track tp sensors, testbook(or nanocom) must be used to configure the ecm for three track tp sensor use.

hope this helps

Project orange
22nd August 2008, 01:24 AM
in English the 2004 ecu is set to three track by default, you to go into settings and change it to 2 track

Project orange
22nd August 2008, 01:27 AM
I've Never tried it with the Nanocom , but it's worked without any problems using a Rovacom pro and a rovacom lite. make sure you save the settings to a folder in case things get hairy,you can always reload it from that folder later

Tombie
22nd August 2008, 02:32 AM
Can you get me the map ID and the ecu part number and post them...

Fuel map and Homolgation code please.

justinc
22nd August 2008, 06:12 AM
in English the 2004 ecu is set to three track by default, you to go into settings and change it to 2 track

Did all that, and still didn't work:(

As I said, I didn't persist with that particular vehicle any further, but I might just have a play with it next time it comes in..

JC

MickG
22nd August 2008, 07:02 AM
Thanks for all the input guys, hope we can get this one sorted as it seems like a simple setting somewhere. Pete will no doubt chime in soon with some of the info and I'll be back soon with my ECU part no.

Aye, Mick

Psimpson7
22nd August 2008, 07:14 AM

Did that also... No luck!

Psimpson7
22nd August 2008, 07:22 AM
you need to watch some of the change overs for aux wiring and componentry...

yes any TD5 ecu will make any Td5 run...

but if it cant talk to things like the TPS or the imobiliser you get funny results...

I do know its compatable one way but not the other but I dont know all the pitfalls other than its easier to make it work in a deefer as they have the more primative systems.

Hi Dave,

We got past the immobiliser without any issues. With the Nanocom you can just 'learn security' and it started straight away.

I also read all the settings of Micks ecu and wrote them onto my spare one, so they should have been identical but it wouldnt have it.

This is a D2 ecu and will run with the early track throttle as my 90 has the early throttle. Micks Disco should also have it. I do have another new throttle in my garage.

Mick, maybe we should have tried to plug that in and seen what had happened (although as its a Defender one it wouldnt have been much help beyond diagnostics.) It would have pointed us in the right direction though.

We swapped it back to the 90in a couple of minutes afterwards aswell to make it more frustrating.

The only possiible thing with this ecu I can think of is that I actually had it set up for the 90 at Land Rovers engineering facility in the UK (mate works there) and I wonder if they turned something off.....?

Rgds
Pete