PDA

View Full Version : 7 Seat D3 Jack placement

djhampson
26th August 2008, 08:00 AM
After getting a phone call yesterday saying that the was a distinctive sound of air rushing out of the D3 and getting home to find said D3 on a lean to the left with a very flat Front Left tyre I had the joyous experience of having to change a tyre on the beast. How bloody heavy are those wheels! I dropped the spare on my finger while trying to release it from underneath the car. Four letter words followed :twisted:.

I got the jack out and changed the tyre eventually but stuffed if I could refit the jack into the back right panel.

Can anyone tell me how its suppose to go in there? From memory the winder fitting was pointing up and the flat base of the jack faced into the vehicle. There is a polystyrene carrier which I think may have moved inside the panel.

Thanks!

drivesafe
26th August 2008, 08:21 AM
Hi dj, I went through the same thing when I wired up my wife’s D3.( haven’t had a flat yet, touch wood ) anyway, I finally gave up trying to work out how it goes back and had a look in the manual. It actually shows how to do it.

Cheers.

WhiteD3
26th August 2008, 08:26 AM
Does this help?

You recon that's hard, try putting the tow hitch back!

djhampson
26th August 2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks guys! I did try the manual but it didn't make any sense to me.

Thanks for the photos Mark. I had to hit the tow hitch with a mallet a few times before I could remove it so I could remove the spare tyre. I don't think we've ever store the tow hitch... I usually just leave it on the shelf or on the car.

PS its a lot easier to change a tyre and get the jack out on the Freelander :p:wasntme:

stevo68
26th August 2008, 04:28 PM
Jam the F'er in, slam the cover shut...good as gold :D....well thats what I did. Had to change tyre on D2 today, what a joy compared to changing tyres on the D3. I wont go into my jack ****ting itself, door handle slamming me in the head, car/ brake discs hitting the ground, petrol tank taking a huge knock and stuffing up fuel guage with subsequent fuel running out on blind bend at tugun at the 100km/ hr mark at night :(, hope that helps ;),
'
Regards

Stevo

Rob Bruce
2nd September 2008, 03:47 PM
D3 sizzor jack, words cannot discribe how useless it is, used mine once, no wories about fitting it back where it came from because it fitted well in the bin, replaced it with the jack from our dearly departed D1, this D1 jack is hydraulic double stage and apart from not fitting where the sizzor jack came from lifts the D3 well, It now goes in a canvass bag stowed behind the 2nd row seats in the neat space there where all other mannar of stuff finds its way there.
Whoever specified that sizzor jack for the D3 needs to bend over wile we find a dark place to put it:o

Leo
2nd September 2008, 09:41 PM
Rob, do you use the normal jacking points when using the D1 jack or place under the wishbones?

Cheers

CaverD3
3rd September 2008, 02:50 AM
D3 sizzor jack, words cannot discribe how useless it is, used mine once, no wories about fitting it back where it came from because it fitted well in the bin, replaced it with the jack from our dearly departed D1, this D1 jack is hydraulic double stage and apart from not fitting where the sizzor jack came from lifts the D3 well, It now goes in a canvass bag stowed behind the 2nd row seats in the neat space there where all other mannar of stuff finds its way there.
Whoever specified that sizzor jack for the D3 needs to bend over wile we find a dark place to put it:o

:D
Agree with Rob, probably the same work experience boy who designed the Tow Bar.:twisted:
I got an air jack, don't need to worry so much about where to put it, but you need a bung for the other exhaust.

Rob Bruce
3rd September 2008, 02:15 PM
Leo, I usually place the jack under the wishbones, a small peice of rubber helps seat it there and stop it sliping, under the wishbones is much easier as it is less jacking. The correct place to jack acording to the book is a pain.
Hope that helps.

Rob