PDA

View Full Version : Nanocom install help (USB)

acgmarketing
20th September 2008, 02:45 PM
Help ... I'm trying to get my laptop to recognise my new USB nanocom. I have got the nanocom working fine by itself and I've got the nanocom software installed on my laptop. I've got my unit plug into the car (for power) and while leaving it at the"press button or connect me" screen with red light on I plug in the USB cables. all I keep getting is an unrecognised USB device error. I have tried to point the driver update installer to the driver directory on the nanocom cd and I have even downloaded the USB drivers from the nanocom website and tried them ... but every time the installer tells me that there are no files with information about my device at that location!!! (oh and it seems to be looking for an inf file but there are no inf files on the CD or in the download files .... help!!! how do I get it talking? (I even tried a powered USB port on my Toshiba P100 Satellite Pro but no good)...

discowhite
20th September 2008, 03:30 PM
do you know which usb port the nanocom is on in the computer?? go to my computer and right click on it, then go the manage, click on device manager, go down to ports (com and lpt) it should show up as nanocom. that will tell you what port its using. you have to select this port in conjunction with the usb driver and also in the nanocom screen.

try that.

cheers phil

CowsGoMoo
20th September 2008, 08:47 PM
Sounds like the USB driver is not installed correctly.

Download NanocomDriver.zip.
Extract the contents to a folder (Nanocom.inf & NanocomCP.cat).
Plug in powered up nanocom unit to USB port.
Find Nanocom in Device Manager > Ports > NANOCOM Diagnostic system.
Right-click Nanocom and select Update driver.
In first Hardware Update Wizard screen, select "No, not this time" (to connect to internet).
Second screen select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)".
Next screen select Browse and then go and locate the folder with extracted files (step 2). Click Next.
Hardware Installation Screen will pop up informing you the drivers have not passed Windows Logo testing. Click Continue Anyway.
Driver install should complete. Click Finish.
Observe yellow exclaimation mark symbol on NANOCOM Diagnostic tool dissapears.
Note COM number in brackets. The Nanocom application software must be set to this number later.Hope that helps.

gingz
9th February 2010, 05:35 PM
cheers cowsgomoo.

Been farting around with the Nanocom for the about 3 hours trying to get it to talk.

Once again AULRO saves the day.

Cheers