PDA

View Full Version : LRD3 Vs Pinzgauer

DeeJay
25th September 2008, 09:32 PM
Thought you guys would like this-- I'm impressed

YouTube - God Save LR3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecb-0Satudo)

ivery819
26th September 2008, 06:19 AM
Love the soundtrack......especially the ending!

:Rolling::Rolling:

sniegy
26th September 2008, 07:53 PM
Cool, That was good to watch. Cheers.;):p

Chilly
26th September 2008, 08:28 PM
Awesome. I want a go!

CaverD3
26th September 2008, 09:18 PM
Awesome. I want a go!

You could always buy one. ;)

Some dealers have demo days which are cheaper.:D

DirtyDawg
27th September 2008, 05:55 AM
Ship load being dumped at the moment after their warranty and 3 yr lease has expired seen a couple around $39k

CaverD3
27th September 2008, 09:20 AM
Most leases are three years. Was thinking I would do the same when mine is up but seariously thinking about keeping it now. New ones are a lot of money and I will start mod'ing mine. Early builds (MY05) were the ones with the problems though :( so probably the not the best ones to buy. Wait for at least MY06.

D3Jon
27th September 2008, 11:26 PM
Most leases are three years. Was thinking I would do the same when mine is up but seariously thinking about keeping it now. New ones are a lot of money and I will start mod'ing mine. Early builds (MY05) were the ones with the problems though :( so probably the not the best ones to buy. Wait for at least MY06.

The problem the '05 model suffered from only affected the suspension compressor and a one way valve in the air suspension system. All of these components should all have been changed by now on any car with a LR FSH. So an '05 is no worse a buy than an '06 build. In fact the same problem affected early '06 models as well.

CaverD3
28th September 2008, 09:43 AM
THer have been a few that have had the compressors blown just after warranty runs out.:( However I would think they should have a claim as it is a known issue.

F4Phantom
28th September 2008, 07:35 PM
I would not have predicted that at all. The D3 didnt even use momentum to get past the hard bits. If the Pinzgauer was locked on all 3 axles the only way to explain the D3 is less weight (obviously it weighs less but less weight per surface area of traction). Maybe the army should just buy d3s and RR sports.

DeeJay
29th September 2008, 10:26 PM
I put it down to amount of rubber on the ground Vs weight. Also the D3 had just enough scrabble to throw off the mud and get traction.
Seeing what the Pinny did brought back a lot of memories of the army Acco's in the 70's. They did exactly that. We used to call it ski-ing. The only option was, if you could, was to ram a tree before the momentum got up.