PDA

View Full Version : Will this PTO unit fit my LT95?

disco2hse
6th October 2008, 06:48 AM
Howdy,

Will this PTO unit (currently on a IIa) fit my LT95?

Dinty
6th October 2008, 08:44 AM
G'day All, Mate I'm certain that the answer is No, nothing off a Series transmission fits later model stuff cheers Dennis:angel:

disco2hse
6th October 2008, 10:13 AM
Hmm. Pretty much what I thought :(

I was thinking of putting a pto driven hydraulic pump in for a winch - long term plans 'n' all ;)

Alan

JDNSW
6th October 2008, 01:30 PM
Dinty is correct - it will not fit. LT95 PTOs exist, but are rarer than Series PTOs.

John

disco2hse
6th October 2008, 02:38 PM
I find that to be quite strange. It's not like LT95s are rare, and with so many used in the military and in their original incarnation in Rangies, you'd think that there'd be more.

The frustrating thing I guess is that you see Toyota pto's being advertised all the time.

Michael2
6th October 2008, 02:53 PM
Hmm. Pretty much what I thought :(

I was thinking of putting a pto driven hydraulic pump in for a winch - long term plans 'n' all ;)

Alan

wouldn't a 2nd P/S pump be an easier set up as a hydraulic pump?

Dinty
6th October 2008, 06:58 PM
G'day All, I have a PTO unit on my 110 5 speed with T/case that is able to be removed (dunno much about my 110, LOL even though I have owned it since 1990) it was expensive at the time approx $2,000 (1996) I have only ever used it twice:(, some years back now there was a chap in Tassie I think who used the power assist steer pump to drive a winch, maybe one of the Tassie members might know of him cheers Dennis:angel:

Blknight.aus
6th October 2008, 08:42 PM
the tcase on the 5 speed is different to the lt95 4 speed.

the reason you dont see the ex mil units as they are all bottom drives not rear drives and must be fitted to maintain tcase integrity.

If you take it off you have to put a plate on in place.

youd get more money parting it out that way but thats too much effort in most cases.

disco2hse
7th October 2008, 06:34 AM
Thanks guys.

I have also been sizing up the pulley driven pump option, which looks like it will be the only way to go.

It's just that I would have preferred to only have the pump operating when I needed it hence the ability to engage and disengage with the handle and to be able to control pump speeds through 8 gears while still in neutral.

Having it on a drive pulley from the engine means it is always turning regardless of whether the pump is being used or not, and from what I've read most pumps draw around 2hp from the engine - there isn't that much grunt to start with ;)

Anyone got any ideas of how that little twist might be achieved?

the reason you dont see the ex mil units as they are all bottom drives not rear drives and must be fitted to maintain tcase integrity.

If you take it off you have to put a plate on in place.

youd get more money parting it out that way but thats too much effort in most cases.

I didn't know that about the military ones. That will be good to know for the future and to be honest I doubt many, if any, NZ ones ever had a PTO on them. Of all the V8 models I've seen, they all seem to be very standard issue with minor modifications post deployment. Those that did may well have ended up in the bottom of a deep pit somewhere.

disco2hse
7th October 2008, 11:18 AM
pump connected to pto output (http://www.roverworld.com/verricello_idraulico_english.htm)

Alan