PDA

View Full Version : oz trail camper 12

cucinadio
6th October 2008, 08:15 AM
Hi guys,

looking at this camper for my new trailer project has does anyone have the same unit and what do you think of it

OZtrail Leisure Products - Outdoor, Camping and Leisure Products (http://www.oztrail.com.au/trailer_campers/camper12.php)

cheers

Tank
6th October 2008, 10:58 AM
Best advice would be to go and have a look and ask them if they could refer you to a buyer, Regards Frank.

x-box
6th October 2008, 11:33 AM
I also have a trailer and need a camper top for it, so have been looking at the Oztrail tents myself lately. I do have a few interesting things to tell you regarding price but best you get in contact with me when you're on the Gold Coast again and we can meet for a beer and a chat.....
Also been looking at other tents but they are either too dear or not real good quality, so value for money I think the oztrail tents fit the bill. Quite a few camper trailer manufacturers use their tents on their trailers and they seem to last well.

loanrangie
6th October 2008, 12:20 PM
I have an oztrail 8 x 10 cabin tent and its pretty well made with thick canvas, its only been used twice before i got it and the canvas still really rigid so hopefully it softens a bit with use.

cucinadio
6th October 2008, 01:51 PM
I also have a trailer and need a camper top for it, so have been looking at the Oztrail tents myself lately.
I do have a few interesting things to tell you regarding price but best you get in contact with me when you're on the Gold Coast again and we can meet for a beer and a chat.....Also been looking at other tents but they are either too dear or not real good quality, so value for money I think the oztrail tents fit the bill. Quite a few camper trailer manufacturers use their tents on their trailers and they seem to last well.

mmm sounds interesting ;) will be on the coast again (thank god) two weeks from the 1st DEC for my sis inlaws wedding so will keep in touch and talk soon

cheers

cucinadio
6th October 2008, 01:55 PM
Best advice would be to go and have a look and ask them if they
could refer you to a buyer, Regards Frank.

:D do you know one .....???:D

cheers

Andy-M
6th October 2008, 03:18 PM
Hi cucinadio

I have an OZTREK camper 12, all the dimensions are the same as the OZTRAIL, the supplier stated they were the same and used OZTRAIL pamphlets on their site.

For what I use it for it has been great, we camp a few times a year normaly in seaside locations. The last trip was in September, we had gail force winds and torrential rain :eek: (it is Tasmania after all) and the tent stood up to it fantastic.

Ours has the optional walls for the annex whichs makes it into a huge extra room. We camped for 2 weeks with 2 kids and had friends drop in and stay nights as well.

We had only one leak, it was where the room partition was stiched into the roof, a squirt with some canvas sealer and it was fixed.

About 2 years ago I paid around $2700 for the unit with the annex walls landed in Tassy, the local dealer wanted around $4000 for the previous years model (brown colour not the blue and lighter canvas).

Hope this helps, it is not the heaviest unit around but is good for what I want to use it for and has proven great in extreme conditions.

Cheers Andy

(they will cop a bit of a bagging off some people but you just have to work out what you are prepared to pay and how much you will use it)

Tank
6th October 2008, 06:01 PM
:D do you know one .....???:D

cheers
No mate sorry, but if the manufacturer/seller is confident of their product they shouldn't have a problem referring you to a previous buyer, Regards Frank.

cucinadio
6th October 2008, 06:26 PM
Hi cucinadio

I have an OZTREK camper 12, all the dimensions are the same as the OZTRAIL, the supplier stated they were the same and used OZTRAIL pamphlets on their site.

For what I use it for it has been great, we camp a few times a year normaly in seaside locations. The last trip was in September, we had gail force winds and torrential rain :eek: (it is Tasmania after all) and the tent stood up to it fantastic.

Ours has the optional walls for the annex whichs makes it into a huge extra room. We camped for 2 weeks with 2 kids and had friends drop in and stay nights as well.

We had only one leak, it was where the room partition was stiched into the roof, a squirt with some canvas sealer and it was fixed.

About 2 years ago I paid around $2700 for the unit with the annex walls landed in Tassy, the local dealer wanted around $4000 for the previous years model (brown colour not the blue and lighter canvas).

Hope this helps,

it does mate thanks for your input :thumbsup:

(they will cop a bit of a bagging off some people but you just have to work out what you are prepared to pay and how much you will use it)

that why I'm asking for opinions on the camper...the trailer build will take a while (as funds permit ) but I'm doing the research to choose a decent one in advance so as to match as well as i can ....so cheers

GRIFF
6th October 2008, 09:21 PM
Hi cucinadio
When I started building my trailer I looked at ebay tents and oz trail. It come down to canvas quality a local trailer company made my tent with full annexs 7 years on canvas $ 5000.00. But he used the oz-trail on his budget range trailers.

cucinadio
6th October 2008, 09:51 PM
Hi cucinadio
When I started building my trailer I looked at ebay tents and oz trail. It come down to canvas quality a local trailer company made my tent with full annexs 7 years on canvas $ 5000.00. But he used the oz-trail on his budget range trailers.

thanks mate ...5k's a bit out of my range ..so budget it is ;)

p.s got on to ken from trailer warehouse seems like a nice guy ...thanks

cheers