PDA

View Full Version : Railko Pin

TeZZaP
14th October 2008, 10:18 PM
Is it possible to change just the pin part of the top, Railko Bracket? Only mine are rather warn and I have a couple of new pins that I picked up on e-bay ages ago. They look like they should come out, but I've tried hammering them and can't get them to budge.

jimbo110
14th October 2008, 10:57 PM
I did mine in my series one a couple of weeks ago. I drilled down through the pin with a 13mm bit to weaken it, then heated the holder the pin sits in, dropped a high tensile bolt in the hole (holden head bolt 7/16") and beat the crap out if it. About 10 smacks each and they were out (4Lb sledge hammer). I used a Disco rear pinion flange to hold it, the old type for the rubber donut driveshaft that people throw away, up one way it holds it perfectly square for the drill press and up the other way for holding it for smacking out the pin. It took me about 15 mins a side to do. When you replace the pin, heat the holder up and push the pin in quickley. They are a shrink fit and you only have one chance, they grab within 1-2 seconds of pushing the two parts together.:D

dandlandyman
15th October 2008, 05:09 PM
Later Series 3 top pins are one piece, and I don't think they're very much (if at all) more expensive than just the pin.

Dan.
69 2a 88" pet4, 74 3 109" pet4, 68 2B FC pet6.