PDA

View Full Version : Key Battery Low warning in L322

spudboy
29th October 2008, 03:22 PM
I am having troubles fixing a Key Battery Low message on the console of my '03 Vogue.

Every time you start it, it BONGS with this message, and every time you stop it, it BONGS again. The batteries in the keys have all been replaced several times.

It's been back to LR Adelaide 4 times. Just had a new key shipped out from the UK (at around $500 I believe) with brand new battery inside but it still BONGS :mad:. They are at a loss to explain why.

Anyone else had this issue? It's not the end of the world or anything, but am getting annoyed that it can't be rectified.....

350RRC
29th October 2008, 09:15 PM
Hi,

From your description it sounds horribly like the problem of too many BONGS.

On a serious note, I really don't know how everyone puts up with all the techno probs. Does all the added electronics really add to more 'driving pleasure'?

I really like Dougal's quote from some weeks ago when he said that modern common rail diesels have really only achieved a 2% increase in fuel efficiency compared with an Isuzu from the 80's.

Good luck with it.

DirtyDawg
30th October 2008, 06:35 AM
Couldn't the dealer just reset the cars message center? or maybe the sensor which registers the signal strength has had the dick?
Have you got the L322 RAVE disc.......(available from Inc)

Hi,

From your description it sounds horribly like the problem of too many BONGS.

On a serious note, I really don't know how everyone puts up with all the techno probs. Does all the added electronics really add to more 'driving pleasure'?

I really like Dougal's quote from some weeks ago when he said that modern common rail diesels have really only achieved a 2% increase in fuel efficiency compared with an Isuzu from the 80's.

Good luck with it.

That comment was a serious note?
I suppose you will never know about the added driving pleasure till you own one;). we're trying to assist a fellow landrover owner here with a drama, yes a minor electrical error not a catastrophic failure that warrants quotes to do with the advancement of fuel efficiency.Its only a problem when you don't have the financial means to fix something, until then its an just annoyance. Now run off and start having a go a Toyota owners or something equally constructive:twisted:.

spudboy
30th October 2008, 08:00 AM

Good luck with it.

Yep - I know what you mean. We enjoy pootling around in our 88" Series I, although I sure wouldn't like to drive it to Melbourne! The techno stuff just comes as part of the package these days, so you have to live with it.

spudboy
30th October 2008, 08:03 AM
Couldn't the dealer just reset the cars message center? or maybe the sensor which registers the signal strength has had the dick?
Have you got the L322 RAVE disc.......(available from Inc)

Dealer has reset things each time, but it keeps coming back after a few days.

I've got the RAVE CD, but don't think it has the L322 on it (it has the Disco and Defender stuff) so probably need an extra CD then.

The best result I had was when the battery went flat after not driving it for 3 weeks, and then the message disappeared for a month or so.

ariddell
30th October 2008, 08:52 AM
I'd be wondering if it maybe thinks there is a key linked to the system that no longer exists.

Might be worth getting them to completely delete all key memorys, do another reset, and then code the keys back in one by one starting with the known good brand new one.

DirtyDawg
31st October 2008, 06:59 AM
Dealer has reset things each time, but it keeps coming back after a few days.

I've got the RAVE CD, but don't think it has the L322 on it (it has the Disco and Defender stuff) so probably need an extra CD then.

The best result I had was when the battery went flat after not driving it for 3 weeks, and then the message disappeared for a month or so.

I bought one off of ebay and offered a copy to INC to assist his fundraising effort but he informed me he already sells it..it is the complete factory/workshop manuals...