PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing happened .....

spudfan
11th November 2008, 07:15 AM
Recently my faithful 1992 110 Tdi went into get some work done on it-rear cross member,some outriggers,new doors etc.Everything went well except for the fact that the rubber door seals for the bottom of the doors could not be got for love or money.
Having been driving around for the past month or so with some superb ventilation around my feet I was delighted to finally find out the the elusive door rubbers had finally arrived.Just one small problem said the garage-owing to holidays and whatnot they were a little short on staff.However if I wanted to go on down I could "batter away" myself.If I got stuck someone would help me out.Needless to say I went down and "battered" away.A great morning was had by all!Did'nt use rivets but some self tapping screws instead.Very easily done when the Land Rover is up on a lift.
No lying on the ground-sheer bliss.
Funnily enough it was when I was discussing the work to be done on the Tdi that I got talking about the "new" TDCI Defender.Ended up ordering one without a test drive.I've mentioned elsewhere how pleased I am with it.
Just thought I'd mention the above just to show that not all dealers can be awkward.That is why I went with an independent-more flexible.Always enjoy going down!

Rangier Rover
11th November 2008, 07:28 AM
Recently my faithful 1992 110 Tdi went into get some work done on it-rear cross member,some outriggers,new doors etc.Everything went well except for the fact that the rubber door seals for the bottom of the doors could not be got for love or money.
Having been driving around for the past month or so with some superb ventilation around my feet I was delighted to finally find out the the elusive door rubbers had finally arrived.Just one small problem said the garage-owing to holidays and whatnot they were a little short on staff.However if I wanted to go on down I could "batter away" myself.If I got stuck someone would help me out.Needless to say I went down and "battered" away.A great morning was had by all!Did'nt use rivets but some self tapping screws instead.Very easily done when the Land Rover is up on a lift.
Funnily enough it was when I was discussing the work to be done on the Tdi that I got talking about the "new" TDCI Defender.Ended up ordering one without a test drive.I've mentioned elsewhere how pleased I am with it.
Just thought I'd mention the above just to show that not all dealers can be awkward.That is why I went with an independent-more flexible.Always enjoy going down!
Nice to hear of the good old school dealers still exist:) Even if they are independent. A good experience like that adds to the charater of your 110:D

Tony

kaa45
11th November 2008, 07:29 AM
not all dealers can be awkward.That is why I went with an independent-more flexible.Always enjoy going down!

:eek::eek2::wasntme:
Bring back the Mud Pit