PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a surplus EAS compressor?

POD
2nd December 2008, 08:48 PM
Having just got the EAS fitted up to my 94 Rangie, including a new compressor piston and sleeve from Airbagman, I have completely fried the compressor motor:(
I've borrowed the ARB difflock compressor from my 88RR to keep things running for now, but that is definitely a short-term proposition.
Wondering if anyone has a compressor that they don't need, with a working motor end?

LOVEMYRANGIE
3rd December 2008, 11:47 AM
Having just got the EAS fitted up to my 94 Rangie, including a new compressor piston and sleeve from Airbagman, I have completely fried the compressor motor:(
I've borrowed the ARB difflock compressor from my 88RR to keep things running for now, but that is definitely a short-term proposition.
Wondering if anyone has a compressor that they don't need, with a working motor end?

Could be time to add that 2nd A/C compressor perhaps..........?????? :)

POD
3rd December 2008, 09:38 PM
Could be time to add that 2nd A/C compressor perhaps..........?????? :)

yeah, have been thinking about this- would be a much better solution, just run the EAS compressor wire to the magnetic clutch, have not yet investigated the possibility in my engine bay. The serpentine belt probably makes this more complicated than on a v-belt motor. I have a second alternator on my 88 rangie, it is the perfect dual (or triple) battery charging setup, I would like to do this on the 94 model as well, doubt that I could fit 2 compressors and 2 alternators under the bonnet. Not sure which I would choose if it can only be one or the other.
Gave the compressor motor to an armature winder today for a quote, waiting for the result. The ARB compressor is really struggling with the 150psi task, as well as rattling my teeth every time it cuts in.

trebor110
3rd December 2008, 09:47 PM
Is this disco one on on Ebay the same as yours?
landrover Discovery rear air bag compressor - eBay 4x4 Accessories, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 08-Dec-08 21:17:40 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/landrover-Discovery-rear-air-bag-compressor_W0QQitemZ200282779881QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item200282779881&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318)

Rob

andrew e
3rd December 2008, 11:45 PM
Hi, i have one from a 94 that needs new rings, and another from a p38 (slightly different) that isnt very old. Give me pm if you are interested, or if you would like to sell me your dead one.

Andy

POD
4th December 2008, 09:44 AM
The disco one on ebay looks totally different, thanks anyway Rob for the heads-up.
Andrew, very interested in yours-will pm immediately.
Pete

adm333
4th December 2008, 01:12 PM
I've got one out of a 94 classic.

No idea what condition its in, likely worn piston and seal.

Let me know if interested.

Dave

VladTepes
4th December 2008, 01:24 PM
I had one until recently ;)

adm333
4th December 2008, 04:21 PM
I had one until recently ;)

One man's trash is another man's treasure ....... :p

Vern
4th December 2008, 06:04 PM
I have a 94 that may still have it in it (converted to coils) will look tomorrow, if i do then its not to far a drive for you:)

POD
4th December 2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks Damien,
Dave has one on the way to me from Brisbane, however I would also be interested if you have a unit that is surplus to requirements. I'll PM you my mobile number; I look like having to go to Moorooduc tomorrow so if I could make the trip even more worthwhile that would be great.