PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mountain Para's

Chilly
17th December 2008, 12:05 PM
Hi,

Just asked about some RM's Para's at FWD. None in stock till March and......$1400ish for the front and rears,(LWB), Ouch!!!! Price due to exchange rate.
Looks like Santa is not bringing Para's for Xmas this year!!!! Boo Hoo!

101RRS
17th December 2008, 12:35 PM
CLR in the west of Sydney/Blue Mountains (I think) often carry parabolics. I am not sure what brand they are or how good they are - definitely no RMs though but a lot cheaper.

Garry

slug_burner
18th December 2008, 12:40 AM
A reasonably competent spring works should be able to knock up a set for you. Not sure of the sort of savings as you are quoting for front and back.

paulthepilot_5
18th December 2008, 10:34 PM
save up for the rocky mountains, they seem to be the best :cool:. They have held up well in the front of my series 3 with a heavy Isuzu donk up front. In the mean time just take a leaf or two out of the standard spring packs. ;)

Cheers
Paul

olmate
19th December 2008, 07:05 AM
I have had the Rocky Mountain gear under olmate for a couple of years now. They have been great - I would go with what Paul has previously said ;)

lro11
19th December 2008, 10:52 AM
A reasonably competent spring works should be able to knock up a set for you. Not sure of the sort of savings as you are quoting for front and back.

I tried this option with a few spring companies and I was told the same thing, No one in Australia has the equipment to produce a tapered leaf. I ended up buying a set from FWD.

ROBERT110763
27th December 2008, 06:29 PM
Hi all
I ve been running RM's on my 88 for 7 years with no major problems except the bushes. I have revered to using poly bushes with a crush tube, which i have drilled a 3/16 hole through , then drilled a 3/16 hole through the shackle bolt & tapped a thread for a grease nipple. Proceed then to tighten shackle bolt to specification & pump a little grease into the bush, you will have a ride nearly as good as coils.

Cheers Bob

rumbles
19th January 2009, 12:49 PM
G.day, I have a 76. station wagon sitting in my yard at Bribie Island with a set of Rocky Mountain para's on it. They have done about 4,000klm, If you take the whole shebang you can have it for $600. 2 leaf in front and 3 leaf in rear.
Have a good one....John.