PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Rangerover

DirtyDawg
4th January 2009, 09:29 PM
Saw a pic on a pommy site and it looks no different from the 06-08 L322 except the seats..:eek:

drivesafe
5th January 2009, 10:32 AM
I don’t think there are any major changes till 2011, when a new model is released.

ariddell
5th January 2009, 01:09 PM
No sign of the rumoured 5.0 v8 yet either?

VladTepes
5th January 2009, 01:13 PM
What's different about the seats (just out of perverse interest)

drivesafe
6th January 2009, 03:15 PM
Saw a pic on a pommy site and it looks no different from the 06-08 L322 except the seats..:eek:

The seats are smaller in the 2008 than they are in 2003, for that matter, the interior in general is smaller in the 2008.

What’s the difference in the seats between the 2008 and the 2009?

ariddell
6th January 2009, 04:20 PM
Looks like they have a wider shoulder bolster going by the pics.

Could be wrong through since the comfort seats in our 03 look totally different anyway.

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2009/01/1339.jpg

VladTepes
6th January 2009, 04:43 PM
People are getting fatter - especially those corpulent Range Rover pwners apparently....

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2009/01/1338.jpg

drivesafe
6th January 2009, 08:59 PM
Those seats are slightly different to my 08 but they are no wider. The centre consul is the same and this is much wider than the centre consul in the 03.

My 03 had wider seats and were more comfortable but the seats in the 08 are much better for distance travelling.

By the way, everything else the cab looks the same.

drivesafe
6th January 2009, 09:02 PM
People are getting fatter - especially those corpulent Range Rover pwners apparently....

We may be fatter but, thanks to the RR's air conditioned seats, we are a lot cooler :wheelchair:

DirtyDawg
7th January 2009, 08:21 AM
We may be fatter but, thanks to the RR's air conditioned seats, we are a lot cooler :wheelchair:

As for comfort, on my holidays I have been ripping around places in my beloved Fender, hot, poor aircon and squeezy cabin to give it a well deserved run.........Wife asked me to rip down the shops yesterday (35 deg heat) so I jumped into the "Proper Range Rover" (Top Gear).. I couldn't believe the difference, I got in and the aircon auto maxed to the desired 23 deg in no time at all, the ride to the shops was just way to short so I detoured to some shops further away (Fremantle 40kms):D:D:D
Its the only car I have ever owned of which I get disappointed when the trip concludes.:(

drivesafe
7th January 2009, 04:07 PM
Its the only car I have ever owned of which I get disappointed when the trip concludes.:(

Ain’t that the gospel

Everybody else thinks we are just being toffs but until they have had a real drive in these new Range Rovers, they just don’t know what they are missing out on.

Is mine worth the $169k,

EVERY BLOODY CENT

Xavie
7th January 2009, 04:22 PM

hahahahahahaha That's so funny.:lol2:

drivesafe
7th January 2009, 04:37 PM
hahahahahahaha That's so funny.:lol2:

It’s funny but it’s true.

If you get a chance, take a look at the specs and accessories on the new Range Rovers.

I bought a Lux, I didn’t want a Lux but it was a case of forking out the extra $$$$$ or ordering a Vogue and waiting 6 to 8 months for delivery.

There were no Vogues available and only 1 Lux, so I grabbed it.

It’s got loads of extras that I really didn’t need but, with the exception of the 20” wheels, I’m now pretty happy with most of the extras.

The 20” wheels mean I can’t get decent off road tyres to fit, such is life.

stig0000
7th January 2009, 06:15 PM
its true,, we have a 09 d3, freelander2, defender(mine),, p38,, an a LM,, an the range rovers will beat eny of the other cars,, even the new d3,, an dont even talk bout the freelander,

when you lean back an just drive the range rover,, all them yrs of working go down the drain,, (eventho there not mine perents):D,, but still,, its such a nice car to drive

ariddell
8th January 2009, 08:44 AM
Yep, love ours - tis the only way to travel, and hey if you buy a 5 year old one you get a $100k discount on the new price... :)

DirtyDawg
29th January 2009, 06:28 AM
Yep, love ours - tis the only way to travel, and hey if you buy a 5 year old one you get a $100k discount on the new price... :)

Yep.....but the warranty sucks:D:D