PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Pricing

Laurie
9th January 2009, 06:52 PM
A while ago I thought that the Disco 3 price would jump significantly given the value of the dollar etc;
Well the new pricing and standard inclusions really show that there was plenty of fat on the old pricing.

SE-V6 up from $65,390 to $66,490

S-TDV6 $67,590

SE-TDV6 $75,990

HSE-TDV6 $86,590

HSE-V8 $92,990

Air suspension and Terrain response system standard on "S" model.
Hi-Ice sound system standard on ES.
The Premium Ice system from the R/Rover (13 speakers logic 7 surround sound system.) standard on HSE.

scarry
9th January 2009, 08:52 PM
So theres no coil sprung model anymore?

Neil P
9th January 2009, 09:03 PM
Looks like that ;

Land Rover UK - Compare Models & Prices - Discovery TDV6 GS (http://www.landrover.co.uk/gb/en/vehicles/discovery-3/compare-models-and-prices/discovery-tdv6-gs.htm)

Leo
10th January 2009, 10:51 AM
The UK site only has versions sold there, but yes, it does seem that they all come with air-suspension now.

The weak pound will help in some countries, but I suspect that dealers won't change prices much, to protect residuals.

sniegy
10th January 2009, 01:00 PM
Discovery 3 "S" now ONLY comes with Air Suspension & Terrain response.:) No coil sprung version for the Australian Market.
Only has 5 seats & the seats are cloth trim. A trade off for the price to stay similar to the old pricing.

stig0000
10th January 2009, 11:38 PM
but the prices are high/ bout the same, but the dealers HAVE to sell cars, so you will get the price down very fast, at our delership,, there giving 12-20 grand off strate up,, befor you even hagle, there are some mad deals going,

wev just picked up our 09 disco, an we bort it last yr,, an dad wish he had of wated, cos he would of goten sooo much more of it, an if u can get a deal on a sport,, id go that over a disco enyday,

Tombie
10th January 2009, 11:52 PM
dam i h8 frign txt spk on forums :mad:

300+
11th January 2009, 12:06 AM
Be interesting to see the street prices. I pulled over 20% off the RRP of my 06 model and I don't think I got a particularly special deal.

This is the time to be buying things if you have the job security. People are desperate to sell, interest rates are down, etc.

Cheers, Steve

scarry
11th January 2009, 07:46 AM

x2...........can we ban it:):)

waynep
11th January 2009, 10:29 AM
So on a 5 seater, what happens to the space where the extra two seats fold down in to - does that become extra storage ?

BigJon
11th January 2009, 03:01 PM
So on a 5 seater, what happens to the space where the extra two seats fold down in to - does that become extra storage ?

The jack, tools, etc live under the rear part. Under the front part is open space, just waiting to be utilized.

101RRS
11th January 2009, 04:47 PM
The biggest thing I hate about D3 pricing is the $10K difference between the V6 and the TDV6 - a couple of grand for sure but 10 is a bit much.

I guess when the TDv6 is in so much demand car makers can ask the diesel premium.

Garry

Laurie
11th January 2009, 06:17 PM
I wonder if the TDV6 price might come down as sales might slow given the price disparity between petrol and diesel. At my local Mobil garage today in Canberra E10/ULP was 85.9 cents a litre :) while diesel was 125.9 cents a litre :mad: I know premium ULP is dearer for V8's, but the V6 is supposed to be able to run on E10 as this engine in the US has been using this mix for the last 10 years in California.;) Or have the LR boffins radically changed the software :confused:
In the recent price fluctuations diesel has moved only around 6 cents a litre while ULP has moved as much as 35 cents a litre.
So go figure on their pricing formula :confused:

WhiteD3
11th January 2009, 06:28 PM
Re the price diff of the V6 to the TDV6...

IMHO it's not that the TDV6 is expensive, its that the Ford V6 is cheap to manufacture....there's millions of them out there in some guise or another where as the TDV6 is relatively new.

Neil P
12th January 2009, 12:24 PM
......... even tens of millions for its age WhiteD3 .....

If you look at the prices in S. Africa , the V8 and diesel are only 1% difference in price ....... now .....
tax adjusted for LCT , which skews our retail price , the V8 is 5.5% more here ...... it's all down to whatever an importer wants to do in that country.
If LRA wanted V8 SE ..... they'd be here ....... but they're rather ripoff people at HSE prices ......market share is not of interest ....... only margin.
We don't have the American business ethos here , but the British one.

Land Rover ZA - Discovery 3 - Prices (http://www.landrover.co.za/za/en/Vehicles/Discovery/Discovery_price_list.htm)

100I
12th January 2009, 01:32 PM

x3. I only get half the conversation because I skip the poorly written posts...

PS I know this has been done to death but it is extremely annoying to most of us.

sniegy
12th January 2009, 01:50 PM
x3. I only get half the conversation because I skip the poorly written posts...

PS I know this has been done to death but it is extremely annoying to most of us.

X 4.

No more text crap.:mad:

Northy
12th January 2009, 07:58 PM
In the recent price fluctuations diesel has moved only around 6 cents a litre while ULP has moved as much as 35 cents a litre.
So go figure on their pricing formula :confused:
I think that this has to do with the different fractions that can be obtained from crude oil and the higher demand for diesel as much of europe now uses predominately diesel.

rmp
12th January 2009, 08:27 PM
+++ LCT, stamp duty, rego....the RRP is just a dream. Or what you can get back to after all the other costs.

The manufacturers basically collude to say it's an "industry standard". Nowhere will you see any justification for it other than "the other guys do it".

Only way it'll change is legislation.

Neil P
12th January 2009, 10:30 PM
I think that this has to do with the different fractions that can be obtained from crude oil and the higher demand for diesel as much of europe now uses predominately diesel.

Asian electricity generation and truck fuel spiked the oil price
over 2005-8

stevo68
13th January 2009, 10:20 AM
As the D2 is in for service I have a 09 TDV6 " S" as a loaner....boy I miss my D3 :(. Tell you what though, would be good if it came in the 7 seat. In terms of new prices....unless your not paying it...would be nuts to buy new as they depreciate so horribly. I bought my HSE for $110k from memory...sold 2 yrs later for $58k. If I had been sensible and bought second hand and tipped the $20k I had into it at the time....I'd still have it. I am just going to wait like a vulture and get a decent, low km, typical school mum D3 and have my way with it :cool:.

Regards

Stevo

WhiteD3
13th January 2009, 12:09 PM
I tried that in 2007 when I bought mine. At the time I was commuting to Melbourne each week. 4 days in Melb, 3 days in Brisbane. Looked high and low but the deals on 18 month old TDV6's were terrible at the time. Hence me buying the V6 new. Maybe now there's some 3yo old examples on the market it'd be better buying.

300+
13th January 2009, 12:46 PM
In terms of new prices....unless your not paying it...would be nuts to buy new as they depreciate so horribly. I bought my HSE for $110k from memory...sold 2 yrs later for $58k.

:eek:

They offered me a 5 seat V8 HSE for 70K - brand new. When the dealers drop the new prices that much, you know it will be a depreciation disaster for anybody who bought before. Like Mark, I tried to get a used one, but there was nothing available at a sensible price so I bought new.

Cheers, Steve

D3Jon
13th January 2009, 12:48 PM

They offered me a 5 seat V8 HSE for 70K - brand new. When the dealers drop the new prices that much, you know it will be a depreciation disaster for anybody who bought before. Like Mark, I tried to get a used one, but there was nothing available at a sensible price so I bought new.

Cheers, Steve

I though all SE's and HSE's were 7 seaters??

300+
13th January 2009, 01:14 PM
They brought in some 5 seat HSEs for a while. They didn't sell well and were flogged off at a discount. I forget the reason, was the RRS not available when the D3 first launched? Maybe it was a stopgap for that?

I decided that 7 seats was more important to me than electrically adjustable seats. As the wife and I are the same height we don't need to move the seat.

I was also concerned about resale as everybody would say "I thought they were all 7 seats, what happened to this one?"

Cheers, Steve

sheckster
30th January 2009, 12:07 PM

Cheers, Steve

Got one privately back in Dec '08 (V6 SE Black '07 built) with 20k on the clock
for $40k, I thought it was a good deal. Had a couple of issues of small issues (EPB sticking and rough tramission change) all sorted under warranty, happy so far.

DI5CO
30th January 2009, 09:08 PM
X5 !!

JPI
10th February 2009, 05:40 PM
A while ago I thought that the Disco 3 price would jump significantly given the value of the dollar etc;
Well the new pricing and standard inclusions really show that there was plenty of fat on the old pricing.

SE-V6 up from $65,390 to $66,490

S-TDV6 $67,590

SE-TDV6 $75,990

HSE-TDV6 $86,590

HSE-V8 $92,990

Air suspension and Terrain response system standard on "S" model.
Hi-Ice sound system standard on ES.
The Premium Ice system from the R/Rover (13 speakers logic 7 surround sound system.) standard on HSE.
They're now adding the Technology (Sat Nav and Bluetooth phone) and Bright (shiny bits everywhere) Packs as standard on HSE's, plus roof rails. My dealer tells me there's no HSE's available because LRA isn't bringing them in except on special order. They're stocked to the gunwales with V6 SE's, which have now dropped in price to $59,990 plus $1,800 for met paint. I also hear there's a 3.0 TdV6 around the corner, anyone know anything about that?

Neil P
10th February 2009, 05:59 PM
... I also hear there's a 3.0 TdV6 around the corner, anyone know anything about that?.....

Possibly this one.

Report: Jaguar developing diesel-powered XK (http://www.4wheelsnews.com/report-jaguar-developing-diesel-powered-xk/)

The block can be twin or bi turbo.

This is all up in the air with TATA and sales .
Can't see a penny being put into anything until some light at
the end of the tunnel.