PDA

View Full Version : New ARB Roof Top Tent - mattress sag

Ben_R
11th January 2009, 07:47 PM
Hi everybody,

I've recently bought an ARB roof top tent, the Simpson model. I've slept in it maybe 5 or 6 times now and the mattress is sagging under my body weight (and no, I'm not shaped like Pavarotti!). This makes the thickness of mattress under your body less than 10mm thick and is very uncomfortable. The mattress eventually goes back to normal, but if you roll over in the night it won't reshape, so you're stuck (feels like you always rolls back to the same spot!)
Is this normal? I'm used to sleeping in swag with a mattress not even half as thick and loved it. Is this something that I've got to put up with? I haven't spoken to ARB yet, I wanted to find out if anybody else had the same problem. It's certainly not the quality and the comfort I had expected.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Ben

discowhite
11th January 2009, 07:49 PM
thats not right! ive slept in a howling moon several times and the mattres in that is brilliant, no sleep hole what so ever!

cheers phil

LandyAndy
11th January 2009, 08:06 PM
Is the matteress self inflating,ie you remove a plug/cap whilst it self inflates then you seal it???
If so it could be punctured.
Andrew

Ben_R
11th January 2009, 08:43 PM
No, it's a normal foam type mattress. Thanks Discowhite, I'm glad you haven't had this problem in the howling moon tent, so it's not what you get with the folding roof top tents. I'm hoping it's a poor batch of mattresses or even just a dud.

Thanks
Ben