PDA

View Full Version : Camping

Redback
25th March 2009, 10:42 AM
What do you prefer when you go away for either weekends or longer trips.

For us it is bush camping, facilities are not an issue when finding a spot just peace and quiet, most van parks will let you have a shower or wash clothes if you ask, we do this if we need too on our longer trips.

You have multipal choice here

Baz.

Pedro_The_Swift
25th March 2009, 10:46 AM
wireless hotspot?:p

Redback
25th March 2009, 10:55 AM

I did even get a chance to put the poll up and you had replied:eek:

Pedro_The_Swift
25th March 2009, 10:56 AM
Theres a Poll???:eek:

hmm ,let me see---

Ricey
25th March 2009, 10:59 AM
I'm finding I like all sorts, from remote bush camps to commercial operations in worthwhile places. Last weekend I went from Treachery Camp at Seal Rocks (Fri) to Manning River up at Barrington Tops (found a nice track in from the East Baz!) Sometimes I need to make concessions - like not taking the dog or no fires, but if the place is great then it's worth going to.

DiscoDan
25th March 2009, 11:00 AM
The wife and girls like to have a toilet, however me and the boy use tree's.

As I take the family then a long drop is the min requirement......

Danny

Chucaro
25th March 2009, 11:02 AM
Bush camping with no facilities next to a river and in a private property to keep the crowd away would be the top ;)

Shonky
25th March 2009, 11:04 AM
The more remote the better. ;)

Mrs Shonky however requires, at a minimum - a toilet.

trobbo
25th March 2009, 11:09 AM
yes it all depends on who I am with and how long.

If I'm gone for a few days and it's just me - it doesn't really matter all I need is some flat dry grass.

A few days with the family then it's a long drop. I have a gas hot water unit for showers.

A week or two and I would probably have the family with me and then it is a combination of everything.

But it is always better if there is water near by and if it is the beach then a shower is necessary - it is horrible going to bed covered in salt.

barney
25th March 2009, 11:12 AM
my ideal camp spot is quiet, away from passing traffic, running water nearby, lots of firewood and preferably somewhere i can take one or more of my dogs where they are safe from wild animals, or domesticated animals, and not likely to bother anyone else.
shade is nice in summer too.

Xtreme
25th March 2009, 12:05 PM
Camping necessities - good water, good firewood and good company.
Alternative arrangements can be made for the first two, but the third is what makes a trip memorable.

Roger

vnx205
25th March 2009, 12:18 PM
I generally prefer to be where everybody else isn't.

The fewer facilities, the less likely there will be other people there.

However, it helps if the place has some combination of natural beauty, interesting flora or fauna, historical interest and all those other things that tend to attract other people. :p

TheEntertainer
25th March 2009, 12:22 PM
no REDBACKS - lol

Redback
25th March 2009, 12:42 PM
no REDBACKS - lol

:p:p

Bushie
25th March 2009, 04:58 PM
Camping necessities - good water, good firewood and good company.
Alternative arrangements can be made for the first two, but the third is what makes a trip memorable.

Roger

Pretty spot on with that.

A few years ago we camped at Yerranderrie, the kids wouldn't accept it as camping (proper) because we didn't have to dig a toilet hole. :D

Martyn

dmdigital
25th March 2009, 05:28 PM
No option really. If we go camping, there aren't going to be any facilities.

But we do have a choice of bush or beach:D

long stroke
25th March 2009, 05:28 PM
For us it's with no facilities, on a river in the bush with plenty of fish around, nice places to camp and plenty of beautaful scenery, clear water good for drinking, plenty of wildlife with no other people:angel:
Also only one track in and out, with deep ruts and rock ledges so everyone stays's away from it:twisted:

CHEERS TIM.

Bundalene
25th March 2009, 05:35 PM
No option really. If we go camping, there aren't going to be any facilities.

But we do have a choice of bush or beach:D

......And the views....and the seclusion..... and the awesome fishing...all makes up for the lack of facilities when camping up your way:p

Mrs B

dmdigital
25th March 2009, 06:01 PM
......And the views....and the seclusion..... and the awesome fishing...all makes up for the lack of facilities when camping up your way:p

Mrs B
Shhhh!!!! I wasn't going to mention that as then they'll all want to come up here.

JDNSW
25th March 2009, 06:29 PM
Somewhere, as others have said, where nobody else is!

(If anyone is interested I have close to 1000ha of mostly bush, right next to 40,000ha of bush. I can allow camping for people who behave, but sorry no facilities, and no river.)

John

(Picture is many years ago)

The ho har's
25th March 2009, 06:41 PM
Somewhere, as others have said, where nobody else is!

(If anyone is interested I have close to 1000ha of mostly bush, right next to 40,000ha of bush. I can allow camping for people who behave, but sorry no facilities, and no river.)

John

(Picture is many years ago)

you shouldn't have said that John........

who's up for a camping weekend/week at John's place:D

kidding but a nice thought

Mrs ho har:angel:

The ho har's
25th March 2009, 06:44 PM
OHHH and remote bush or beach for us as we have everything in either vehicle for water, showers and toilet:D

dobbo
25th March 2009, 08:13 PM
The boys and I are easy, fire, food, bevies.

The girls need a loo.

Cap
26th March 2009, 01:36 PM

That would be where Timaus13 would be so that he can upload live video footage of him lazying abouts :D

The Mutt
29th March 2009, 06:32 AM
Only one choice allowed, Bugga, we'll go any where we can get to, (business gets in the way of an extended trip) If looking for luxury or we have to stay in town then we stay in an old pub, our preference is bush or beach no facilities, we have our Engel, carry enough water and have a shower, our other get-away preference is to launch our sailboat and go, it is being set-up for long term cruising and exploring.

Glenn

JDNSW
29th March 2009, 08:06 AM
you shouldn't have said that John........

who's up for a camping weekend/week at John's place:D

kidding but a nice thought

That's OK - I can stick you out in the bush somewhere - as long as you don't start a fire or leave a mess, shouldn't be a problem.

John

dirtdawg
1st April 2009, 07:26 PM
as long as im by a lake or a river im happy

Bravefart
12th April 2009, 10:31 PM
We don't have much choice here in Egypt, it's desert, desert or more desert :D
Simon

Bravefart
12th April 2009, 10:32 PM
And we're off next weekend, 3 nights of utter peace, 21 people and lots of dogs.;)

barney
12th April 2009, 10:41 PM
sounds like a good break, have fun.

Pedro_The_Swift
13th April 2009, 07:37 AM
And we're off next weekend, 3 nights of utter peace, 21 people and lots of dogs.;)

so,, that'll be the site near the boat ramp?
:p

hmmm 21 people asleep by 9,,,

finding that hard to believe:o

blue thunder
13th April 2009, 08:15 AM
The bush preferably by the river or lake,creeks are ok if running and clean. Goodmans ford is great to relax