PDA

View Full Version : EPE throw up tents

101 Ron
5th April 2009, 07:02 PM
EPE make a range of tents mainly for the hiking community and are of light weight design and materials.
A few years ago now they started to sell a small two man tent which you take out of its flat circular bag and it just springs itself open and just a few pegs and your done....it takes seconds.
With a little bit of practice it takes about 30 seconds to fold it up and fit it into its bag.
I have owned one of these for a while now and am very impressed, as it has a built in fly as a part of the tent itself and very good ventilation ,etc.
Your boots can be kept between the tent itself and the fly.
The draw backs has been its target market of hiking.
It is small(two man) and light weight (but good quality materials).
Now they are selling a three man version and its even better due its larger size and the fly itself can be rolled up on either side for those very hot summers nights.
I would never go back to a normal pole or fibre glass rod tent again as these EPE tents are in a class of there own.
I also noticed lately a few cheapie copies going around, but none of them have the built in fly or the quailty of materials.
I suggest if you are in the market for a light weight tent for quick over night camps .this may be for you.
YouTube - EPE Speedy tent by Camperland of Ipswich

scarry
5th April 2009, 07:16 PM
I have had an Ezi Up tent for many years,works on the same system.Also very light & folds up round.

The wind does blow it around a bit,but is ok.Mine is the larger 5 sleeper.Also comes as a 3 sleeper.
Dont know if they are still available.

Bushie
5th April 2009, 08:26 PM
Used an ezi-up for a few years, don't think they are good enough in the wind. The smaller 3 person were better (or they changed the design a bit for the 5). Since gone to a Southerncross canvas

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2009/04/1284.jpg

Martyn

sschmez
5th April 2009, 09:57 PM
Love my EPE Speedy tent:D

great when it's just me, or me and the dog.
Bit small now with Nicholas, Annette and I ... no chance for the dog.
had to buy a std. dome for those trips.

I'd also highly recommend.

even easier than most of those tent swags, especially when they need a tarp as well (here in Vic)

Bought it a a 4x4 show after packing it up within 8 seconds, having only watched it done a couple of times ... they had a game and were timing it ... how could you not buy one

Stevo