PDA

View Full Version : Fishing and Camping Spots

sam_d
15th April 2009, 01:01 PM
Does anyone know of any good spots to go for a weekend of camping and fishing within about 3 or 4 hours of Sydney? Somewhere that is off the beaten track so you're not having to fight with the crowds?

And what about nearer Sydney for day trips? I keep finding lots of 'recommeded' places to go but does anyone have any first hand experience?

Cheers! :)

Disco_owner
15th April 2009, 06:13 PM
Does anyone know of any good spots to go for a weekend of camping and fishing within about 3 or 4 hours of Sydney? Somewhere that is off the beaten track so you're not having to fight with the crowds?

And what about nearer Sydney for day trips? I keep finding lots of 'recommeded' places to go but does anyone have any first hand experience?

Sam;

South Coast;

Sussex Inlet , it's about 3.5 hrs drive , it's the place I'd go around this time of the year for fishing , Bream , Flatties etc..

sam_d
16th April 2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks for that! Any particular spots for fishing or camping down there you could suggest?

And any 4WD tracks? :)

bcr2734
16th April 2009, 09:23 AM
Mungo Brush, it is at myall lakes at tea gardens. Nice place and they have facilities, it is a national park too. Also Lake st clair in the hunter valley is nice too. Alll around 2.5-3hrs away. or try Nords wharf at lake macquarie, mate lives there and we have fished there alot over the years.

bcr2734
16th April 2009, 10:11 AM
Stockton Beach :)is good but you will need a Beach permit to get onto it. Also for good Drving there is Dungog and Glouster;) (spelling) They are nice and have waterfalls and chitester dam (spelling) is very good with plenty of facilities. All around the 3 hr mark.

But check out National parks about closures in all of these areas due to water and rains:eek:.

Cheers

Brian

Disco_owner
16th April 2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks for that! Any particular spots for fishing or camping down there you could suggest?

And any 4WD tracks? :)

Yes ,Recommend you to Join the Fishing Club at Sussex Inlet RSL for $25.00 and come out fishing on the Boat , there is a Trip for everyday of next week and you can camp at budgee Caravan park where we're staying;). 4wding wise we can hook up with Frank ( Tank ) for a Drive to Deua national Park ( Bendethra ) :)

Tank
16th April 2009, 02:50 PM
Yes ,Recommend you to Join the Fishing Club at Sussex Inlet RSL for $25.00 and come out fishing on the Boat , there is a Trip for everyday of next week and you can camp at budgee Caravan park where we're staying;). 4wding wise we can hook up with Frank ( Tank ) for a Drive to Dua national Park ( Bendethra ) :)
Khos, great Idea mate, the Salmon are running off the beaches at the moment, Regards frank.

Tank
30th April 2009, 05:08 PM
Ahhh! still waiting, the baits gone orf now, LOL, Regards Frank.

Disco_owner
30th April 2009, 05:49 PM
Khos, great Idea mate, the Salmon are running off the beaches at the moment, Regards frank.

Frank , I was down at sussex last week but they had rain for 3 days of our stay, couldn't come down for a visit :( would have loved to catch up and do some fishing further south

Tank
30th April 2009, 06:52 PM
Khos, that's OK mate, whenever you're down this way give us a call and I can give you a weather report, not much rain at all down here, 0407103320 or 44744517, Regards Frank.

DEFENDERZOOK
2nd May 2009, 08:18 PM
id be interested in a trip down south one weekend.......

disco95 is a local around that area.......he may also know of some fishing spots down there.......

Tank
3rd May 2009, 02:26 PM
Disco95 is at Nowra, pick him up on the way down and I'll take you fishing off the beach for Salmon and if you've got enough time a camp-over at Bendethra, only an hour and a half from Nowra, Regards Frank.

DEFENDERZOOK
3rd May 2009, 03:39 PM
has he moved from sanctuary point.......?

that sounds like a plan........might have to organise something for the end of the month.........

lurch is off the road at the moment.......gotta do some mods to the exhaust manifold and get him running again.......

and save up some dollars for fuel.......

is there anywhere we can drive on the beach down there.......?

Tank
3rd May 2009, 03:57 PM
Sanctuary pt. is correct, no driving on beaches allowed, unless you're a Koori licenced fisherman, but that's another story, Regards Frank.

KEV0044
20th July 2009, 03:16 PM
I lived in Pambula for a year in 2006 ( Built some school buidings down there )
Got to know the South Coast pretty well .
Some top fishing spots there if you put in the time to look around and throw in a line or two .
Also found that the locals were very friendly and always keen to talk about fishing :)

KEV0044
20th July 2009, 03:28 PM
Depends on where you want head - North - South - West ?
Also what type of fishing you enjoy - Freshwater - Saltwater ?
You said you want to be away from the crowds so I'm assuming you mean out in the scrub somewhere .
A few more hints may give some better directions for you .
cheers ,
Kev .