PDA

View Full Version : Oh my poor rc car

A Commodore cant 4x4
16th April 2009, 08:35 PM
I purchased a Thunder Tiger Phoenix electric stadium truck last weekend. 1/10th scale. Poor thing was purchased by me :D

I charged the battery for the first time, took it on the dirt and flogged the crap out of it over jumps ect. recharged the battery and was going flat out up and down the street as far as it would go, then back again.Throwing in a few 'j turns' for fun. I stopped at my feet and the motor was smoking. :(

Let it sit overnight, charged the battery, and found my motor was buggered. I bought a new one. Took more care with it running it in etc.
Took it to the skate park and have been jumping 7 foot table tops etc.

Got a bigger battery, charged it at 4 amps and tonight I was doing some MASSIVE jumps. getting about 7 feet in the air, and landing flat on the ground. No down ramp. Well, my new motor siezed :D could hardly rotate it with a pair of pliers :wasntme:

Oh well. Off to hobby shop tomorrow armed with another $21.

Ill get a video and put a linky here for your amusement.

stig0000
16th April 2009, 08:38 PM
thats mad man,,, vids!!!!!!!!!

Blknight.aus
16th April 2009, 08:57 PM
spend the money and get a decent motor with ball bearings and roller brushes.

big guy
16th April 2009, 10:12 PM
Actually, a brushless conversion kit is needed with speed control to suit and a decent lipo battery pack to handle the amps.

than watch it jump houses.

best of luck.

Phoenix
17th April 2009, 08:55 AM
Yup, brushless is the way to go. I have a mamba max 5700 in my e-firestorm (2wd stadium truck).

that said, the stadium trucks aren't really made for jumps that big, only the monster trucks are really.

mmm, I think we need a CR cestion ;)

big guy
19th April 2009, 01:35 PM
Is that like a RC section???

A Commodore cant 4x4
19th April 2009, 02:34 PM
Its military jargon, everything is backwards

Kit first aid
Helmet flying
cylinder liferaft
extinguisher fire
car control remote