PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek XI

Omaroo
7th May 2009, 08:51 PM
Well...just back from seeing it at a Gold Pass cinema. The best Star Trek - ever.

In my 40-something years of being an avid Star Trek fan..... this was arguably the best two hours of Trek viewing pleasure I've had to date. It is the best-produced movie of all of them IMHO. Simply stunning - it will be hard to top this one as it's set the benchmark. To quote a review on the movie - "It's a transporter ride to sci-fi nirvana". J.J Abrams has outdone himself.

The characters were all brilliant, and true to their later selves. The effects were mind-numbing, the sound was incredible and the story line brought the next 40 years into focus. Going to warp was explosive. The ship interior and crew compliment brought a new dimension to Starfleet.

Wow, wow, wow!

I'll be back..... or was that from something else... ? :p

Blknight.aus
7th May 2009, 09:43 PM
its probabley just the sleep deprevation....

I clicked in wondering why youd start a discussion about steel treks in the armchair warriors section.

Mick-Kelly
8th May 2009, 12:32 AM
I went and saw it tonight................twice, very impressed.

juddy
8th May 2009, 07:22 AM
Me too, I give it 6/7 out of ten...

fernockulated
11th May 2009, 03:09 PM
went on saturday,and it was tops,it filled in a few blank spots,and gave the character interaction some depth,although the Spock/Uhera(?) relationship spun me:)

Outlaw
11th May 2009, 03:12 PM
good one for letting a spoiler go Ferno :p

Saw it sunday and loved it 8/10 easy... maybe even a 9 :)