PDA

View Full Version : Voting topic 14: photo competition

dullbird
21st June 2009, 06:35 PM
Ok so this is where you guys decide who it is that deserves to win the photo competition and choose the topic for the next one.

In order to vote I ask that you write the forum name of the person who's picture you like the most.
and when writing their name please write it in bold, will just make it easier to find and count. followed by your second and third choice this will help hopefully should a tie occur. The first choice being the most important. It is preferable if you could number them 1 to 3

You can not vote for your self!

The voting thread will be closed on Thurs at 6pm to announce the winner. The winner then has until Sun to come up with a new topic and set of rules to abide by ready for the next comp.
The same will happen as last time if a winner is not found from the voting and it is narrowed down using the 2nd and third choice and there is still a tie...the photo's that tie will be subjected to a poll on the evening of the Thurs and it will end at around 10pm

WHAT TO KEEP IN MIND!!

when choosing your favorite would be helpful to keep in mind

Whether the topic was executed well in the picture
The quality
The Composition
Whether the photographer has kept to the rules set within the comp

to look at the pictures entered look here

http://www.aulro.com/afvb/camera-corner/81476-photo-competition-14-a.html

Please note to all those that commented in the competition thread. your posts have been removed for easier viewing of the photo's

Post your vote here

happy votinghttps://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2009/06/377.jpg

dmdigital
21st June 2009, 07:25 PM
WhiteD3
dullbird
werdan

Given only 5 entries and the fact that all of them showed a degree of diversity in interpreting the topic I found it very hard to narrow it down to only 3.

Bushie
21st June 2009, 07:27 PM
WhiteD3
Dm Td5
bblaze

I knew what I wanted to do but it needed to be dark. I just ran out of time for this one.

Martyn

WhiteD3
21st June 2009, 07:35 PM
1) Dullbird
2) dm td5
3) Werdan

dullbird
21st June 2009, 07:45 PM
WhiteD3
werdan
dm_td5

Bundalene
21st June 2009, 08:13 PM
1. dm_td5
2. Dullbird
3. werdan

werdan
21st June 2009, 08:52 PM
1. dm_td5
2. WhiteD3
3. dullbird

drivesafe
21st June 2009, 10:12 PM
1. BBlaze

2. dm_td5

3. whiteD3

dullbird
22nd June 2009, 10:20 AM
1. WhiteD3

2. DM_TD5

3. Werdan

I got a brilliant inspiration at work on Saturday evening, so when I got home at midnight Saturday I am in my bedroom with LED lights and my camera taking pics of things on my dressing table......
no remote release tho so no shots good enough to submit :(
Have now ordered a remote, and have ideas for some pics when I get it :D:D

when you dont have remote release NM use the timer on the camera same deal:)

dullbird
22nd June 2009, 01:14 PM
pretty sure you can you timer on all

dmdigital
22nd June 2009, 04:39 PM
NM you can use the timer for this very easily for any exposure except the bulb setting. Best of setting the timer count to as low as possible (think its 2 seconds). I use this a lot in place of the shutter release cable. The other thing is that as long as everything is very stable you can often get away with pressing the shutter release with one figure. Best to do this with the camera on a solid surface so it can't move.

mjm295
22nd June 2009, 08:17 PM
1. dm_td5
2. werdan
3. dullbird

bblaze
22nd June 2009, 09:04 PM
1. werdan
2. dm_td5
3. dullbird