PDA

View Full Version : Diff lock LR3

Roverland15
6th August 2009, 02:59 PM
Hi folks I have a 2005 discovery 3s and am having trouble trying to find and aftermarket rear diff lock....apparently they don't have a rover diff but a fully independant or clam shell diff similar to the front diffs on the new hilux....it all sounds like gobbledegook to me.
Have tried ARB (they even had it up on the hoist before they ralised they couldn't do it) TJM and McNamaras in Melbourne to no avail...perhaps someone has travelled this road before me with some success....cheers Paul :confused:

stevo68
6th August 2009, 03:04 PM
Hey mate.....simple answer no...there isn't. Only way is having the rear factory fitted when car is ordered,

regards

Stevo

Benny_IIA
6th August 2009, 03:19 PM
Hey mate.....simple answer no...there isn't. Only way is having the rear factory fitted when car is ordered,

regards

Stevo

or buy a welder :wasntme:

Piddler
6th August 2009, 06:21 PM
or buy a welder :wasntme:
Also know as CIG Locker

cheers

Disko3
8th December 2009, 01:56 PM
I'm a bit perplexed.....how do you tell if your Discovery 3 has a factory fitted diff lock. Is there a dedicated button or is it activated through the terrain response knob. If it is activated via terrain response.....again, how do you tell?

Cheers

BigJon
8th December 2009, 02:23 PM
There is no manual control of the difflock.
I think the easiest way to tell if it fitted is to look at the diff for the actuator.

Jamo
8th December 2009, 03:33 PM
Another way to check is to ring a dealer and give them the VIN. They should be able to look it up.