PDA

View Full Version : Couple of minor things

rmp
5th September 2009, 06:17 PM
Finally decided to refit the plastic guard that has to be removed when the Mitch Hitch goes on, but it needs cutting back to fit. Best way to cut it is to use a strong pair of scissors followed by a Stanley knife. Looks a bit neater at the back now.

Also replaced that absolutely hopeless rear cargo light with a 500mm long set of LEDs. Suddenly there is actual light in the rear! Only 250ma draw. I like it so much I'm going to add another. The trim just pulls out and then you can get to the standard bulb's wiring quite easily.

RichardK
5th September 2009, 08:18 PM
Uuummmmmmmm...........no pics??????:D:D

CaverD3
7th September 2009, 09:19 AM
Should look like this:

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2009/09/1279.jpg

AnD3rew
11th September 2009, 02:14 PM
Where is the plug? do you still need to remove the panel to get to the original plug?

CaverD3
11th September 2009, 02:28 PM
The plug is behind so you still need to remove the cover. looks better when not towing. When towing; who cares.

I suupose you could wire an external plug.

AnD3rew
11th September 2009, 03:45 PM
Looks good, how much are these? and where do you get them? If you don't mind me asking

gps-au
11th September 2009, 03:48 PM
I suupose you could wire an external plug.

A thin metal strip under & between the 2 bolts comes immediately to mind to affix a new trailer socket.....

Garry
12th September 2009, 08:14 AM
The people at 4x4intelligence advertised them on thier website last week but dont see them on the site today :confused:

however you can order here

Discovery 3 - Hi Rise Tow Hitch (http://store.mitchellbros.com.au/discovery-3-tow-hitch/discovery-3-tow-hitch)

I am no way involved in any of these companies, but I am considering fitting one myself

G

stewmair
14th September 2009, 12:24 PM
If you remove and securely stow the white towplug cables there's sufficient room on the left for an anderson plug and a socket for a caravan camera cable and which all are covered with the cut down plastic covers when not in use.