PDA

View Full Version : Coleman Dual Fuel Stove Repaired

Mudnut
24th September 2009, 10:20 AM
Before this gets bumped to Camping & bushwalking thread, I want to give a big Thanks to Jason from T.W. Sands & Co. In Melbourne. He had the replacement parts in stock, and we even pulled the stove generator apart on his counter and repaired it on the spot. From previous posts on the topic, I have been talking about how to repair my 2 burner Coleman Stove for a while. I had been running unleaded petrol in it for almost a year (my only stove during a renovation) This clogged the generator up, and it was not working properly. The seals were also leaking, so there was a wonderful smell of petrol when ever I pumped it up. Every time I went to get parts, would go to Ray's, or such other shop, and they would have to check availability of parts, and price. No one ever got back to me.
This morning I thought I should try again, as I'm going camping tomorrow (am I a procrastonator or what??). Stopped in Ray's in the city on the way to work, same story. Walked up a block to Freedom Camping (which is closing down by the way:(). I was referred to T. W. Sands a few blocks away. Small shop full of gas lanterns, and shades. Jason said "Just a moment" and came back with the parts needed. And less than the wholesale parts quote at the other store! 15 minutes later, I was out the door, with my backpack no longer smelling of petrol!

Again Thanks Jason,

Ken

B92 8NW
24th September 2009, 11:02 AM
Sands is a pretty unique store. They're the people to see for any fuel stove / lantern repairs.

cartm58
24th September 2009, 12:18 PM
Sands been around for what seems like 100 hundred years have been going there for bits and pieces for lanterns and stoves for years always great service knowledge and price.

spudboy
24th September 2009, 12:33 PM
Just had a look at their web-site. Looks like an interesting place to visit.

http://melbourne.citysearch.com.au/E/V/MELBO/0054/61/63/68.jpg
Impressive stock of appliances and spare parts for most old and current models of

Coleman
Aladdin
Primus
Austramax
Dietz and many others

Kerosene Heaters, Blow torches and refrigerators - we have the replacement parts you require.