PDA

View Full Version : D4 Diff locks ??

roamer
26th November 2009, 04:18 PM
Hi, taken the new D4 ( 3lt hse) off road to Clarence River
Towed the van in 2.5ton , track drops 600mt in under 2km, fairly steep, we went in and out not a problem, however on way back up noticed on the 4x4 screen, diff locks going in and out centre and rear ( green to orange)
does this mean it has both diff locks, hope so did not pay for them.
Cheers Ken

rmp
26th November 2009, 04:21 PM
Yes.

It means you have a rear locking diff (e-diff). All D3/D4s have a centre clutch that can be locked.

roamer
26th November 2009, 04:29 PM
Yes.

It means you have a rear locking diff (e-diff). All D3/D4s have a centre clutch that can be locked.

Looks like LR put one in by mistake, :D:D:D:D
Sometimes you get lucky[bigsmile][smilebigeye][biggrin]:lol2:

Scouse
27th November 2009, 08:10 AM
Looks like LR put one in by mistake, :D:D:D:D
Sometimes you get lucky[bigsmile][smilebigeye][biggrin]:lol2:No, I think you'd better play it safe & get in touch with your local dealer ASAP & arrange for the removal of the rear e-diff straight away.

:):)

101RRS
27th November 2009, 08:30 AM
I thought the rear locker was standard on all air suspended discos - plus given the price of a HSE I thought a rear locker would have been standard anyway.

gps-au
27th November 2009, 08:52 AM
No, I think you'd better play it safe & get in touch with your local dealer ASAP & arrange for the removal of the rear e-diff straight away.

Shhh !!

Now you better be prepared for a Solicitor's letter from LRA, that warranty on your vehicle will be suspended due to non-payment for addition factory fitted accessories.

Stop, Do Not pass GO!, do not collect 200#'s, go directly to jail !!!

CaverD3
27th November 2009, 01:14 PM
:Rolling:

It will affect the brakes if you didn't pay for it. :angel:

roamer
27th November 2009, 03:14 PM
No, I think you'd better play it safe & get in touch with your local dealer ASAP & arrange for the removal of the rear e-diff straight away.

I would but I don't think it comes off:D

sniegy
27th November 2009, 07:37 PM
Did the rear diff lock symbol change color? I know you did say in you post it did, just want to make sure.
So if you have the Nav to look at while off roading, if you dont order it, the Nav "WILL" show both diff lock symbols, BUT only one will engage-disengage.
This has caught me out a few times.
Cheers.

roamer
28th November 2009, 08:33 AM
Did the rear diff lock symbol change color? I know you did say in you post it did, just want to make sure.
So if you have the Nav to look at while off roading, if you dont order it, the Nav "WILL" show both diff lock symbols, BUT only one will engage-disengage.
This has caught me out a few times.
Cheers.

Hi Pete
Yes both padlocks at different times were going from green to orange and closing the locks. Looking good. I bought the car off the show room floor
but no one mentioned it ,they listed other extras though, may be they did not know either Thanks for reply
Cheers Ken

gghaggis
30th November 2009, 09:01 AM
The D4 V8 comes with the rear diff lock as std. Looks like you got a freebie ;)

Cheers,

Gordon

sniegy
30th November 2009, 06:05 PM
Hi Pete
Yes both padlocks at different times were going from green to orange and closing the locks. Looking good. I bought the car off the show room floor
but no one mentioned it ,they listed other extras though, may be they did not know either Thanks for reply
Cheers Ken

Well done Ken,
No problems at all.
A lot of the early D4's came wqith the Rear E-diff standard from factory as it was a chargable item. Same as the early vehicles only came with SatNav.
These both now are optional & a chargable item.

Enjoy the beast, it is a remarkable vehicle. No matter how many times i drive one during the day..:D:D