PDA

View Full Version : defender steering guards

philco
7th December 2009, 10:51 PM
I have designed and had made locally a steering guard for defenders, it fits mine ok and will put a couple of pics up to look at.
It is Australian made 5mm steel plate, zinc coated and powder coated black, its all one piece and can be bolted on.
It will fit all defenders with or without ARB bullbar.

Prices effective from 1st August 2013

Defender Steering Guard $200.00 plus delivery

These are the delivery prices to main centres in Australia
Sydney $20
Canberra $25
Melbourne $25
Adelaide $25
Perth $40
Darwin $40

stig0000
7th December 2009, 11:59 PM
il be very keen in the new yr,,, were are you posting them from

philco
9th December 2009, 06:27 AM
I will post from gold coast, I will use star track couriers, will post up a better pic in the next couple of days. Or if you want to pick up thats ok, my phone is 0423759779

dullbird
9th December 2009, 10:24 AM
hey philco will they fit a Puma???

Outlaw
9th December 2009, 12:06 PM
I go up to the sunshine coast a fair bit so could probably bring one up with me stig0000 if that helps.

incisor
9th December 2009, 12:22 PM
am interested as well if will bolt straight onto a county with bullbar

philco
9th December 2009, 08:52 PM
Should bolt onto county and puma as long as the chassis is the same as my 1995 300Tdi, might have to ask someone if chassis the same. where are the mounts for the bull bar? maybe a pic under neath might help ph 0423759779
cheers, Phil

MacFamily
9th December 2009, 09:08 PM
Also interested Phill in Gal in the new year But will PM to confirm as cash flow is a little slim after the festive season.:D

philco
10th December 2009, 05:25 PM
no worries will have a new batch ready by middle of Jan.

VladTepes
10th December 2009, 07:04 PM
Hey mines 95 Tdi how convenient.
Assume they fit on with an ARB winch bar in place ?

clean32
30th December 2009, 06:17 PM
Mate

gARD ARIVED TODAY thanks, i thought i was shelling out some bucks for a back yard thing, better than nothing. BUT the gard that turned up on my door step this morning has done you well, nice cuts bends and lovely welds. looks smashing ( or able to) in galv. a big thanks from me and the Red turtle.

im taking it to bed with me tonight

philco
31st December 2009, 07:35 PM
Mate, thank you, I am glad it exceeds your expectations.

scarry
31st December 2009, 11:56 PM
I hope the bolt holes are slotted as we found,comparing two Puma's,there was at least 12mm difference between the chassis rails at the front of the vehicle.
This became a problem ,fitting a guard that was a different brand,before yours became available.
The comparison was between my son's vehicle & another owned by an AULRO member.

Just my 2 cents worth...

philco
3rd January 2010, 11:06 PM
Thank you, i will be doing some research on the puma defender in the next couple of weeks. Thanks, good to know what others have found out.

philco
3rd January 2010, 11:13 PM
if you have a TJM bar they should fit with no modification, ARB bar there is some modification to do in the next batch to be made, it will be designed to go over the ARB bar mount on the chassis. it will be specific to the ARB bar only.
Not sure on price yet. will post up some pics in the next week.

dullbird
4th January 2010, 08:37 PM
once you get measurements for the puma Phil will be interested......

If you want us to measure anything on ours just tell us where and what and we will do it

Ranga
5th January 2010, 09:38 PM
I'm keen.

Not sure what bullbar mine is, it looks similar to the ARB and TJM, but isn't either of them, as there replacement blinker lights wouldn't fit.

Perhaps it might be best for me to come down and see if one fits. Let me know when you have one ready.

Thanks!

Jock The Rock
5th January 2010, 09:53 PM
Hey mate

I'm keen for one too but would be interested in a few more piccies if you have any?

Thanks

philco
5th January 2010, 11:08 PM
I will post up when i have the next batch ready, happy to meet up anytime for a fitment appraisal with anyone wanting to come down to the Gold Coast, it's always good to meet other enthusiasts.
Beginning of february will be the best time, most of my commitments will be fulfilled by then and new sample models will be ready to try out.
I have a rear hi lift jack mount for rear tyre mount designed and ready for production, it is Land Rover specific for defender, Disco, and Range Rover tyres from series thru to RR Sport an Disco 4.
Hope to have them ready in 3 weeks.
Testing was done and we are happy with the design.
Will post pics of it A.S.A.P.

philco
5th January 2010, 11:11 PM
I hope the bolt holes are slotted as we found,comparing two Puma's,there was at least 12mm difference between the chassis rails at the front of the vehicle.
This became a problem ,fitting a guard that was a different brand,before yours became available.
The comparison was between my son's vehicle & another owned by an AULRO member.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Scarry, which way do you mean slotted? horizontal or vertical? thanks

MacFamily
18th January 2010, 10:21 PM
Gday Philco
Just letting you know still interested in guard and also your hi-lift mount.Will get in touch at the begining of Febuary.

Cheers Aaron

philco
19th January 2010, 09:15 PM
all in production now, hope to pick up next week then off to the galvanisers.

dullbird
20th January 2010, 11:29 AM
anymore news on the Puma ones?

philco
20th January 2010, 08:41 PM
We are working on it, hopefully soon.

JamesH
27th January 2010, 10:04 PM
Scarry, which way do you mean slotted? horizontal or vertical? thanks

Can you do both?

I'm guessing he means that the holes are big enough to deal with each chassis' "idiosyncracies" in their dimensions.

For example, I have a 300tdi 1996 Defender with an ARB non winch bullbar so in theory your unit would be perfect for me and I'm def interested but I pranged my car into a rock and it sustained minor chassis bent. It all got straightened out OK but I'm wondering if it's straight enough that your unit will fit and if the holes will line up where theyre meant to.

From what Scarry says, they come out different from the factory so after my rock adventure who knows what the actual measurements are.

philco
28th January 2010, 05:26 PM
Hi, if your chassis was bent inwards to the other chassis rail then it would still fit as the guard is designed to mount on the outside of each chassis rail, the holes are 16mm and should be able to handle some diversity, the new puma guards we designed have slotted holes to allow for the differences in each model, and should be able to bend in when the bolts are tightened, if you dont want to tighten them up that much then they can be packed with 5mm washer each side. I am waiting on my manufacturer at moment, he promised mid next week so should be ready by end 2nd week feb incl galvanizing. will post pics when all done.

philco
2nd February 2010, 03:20 PM
a couple of pics of rear jack mounts

flagg
2nd February 2010, 06:46 PM
a couple of pics of rear jack mounts

thanks Philco, what is the cost (powdercoated black) when combined with the steering guard?

philco
3rd February 2010, 10:01 PM
The cost of the high lift jack mount in powder coat is $80.00, if a steering guard and jack mount are ordered together then there will not be any extra shipping charge than what i have quoted previously, shipping for the jack mount alone will be $10.00 australia wide.

scott oz
7th February 2010, 10:14 PM
philco

I've got a 2001 TD5 110. I recently tried to fit another brand that supposedly was a "direct bolt on" not likely. It was supposed to bolte to the inside of the chasie.

I've got an old two poster alloy bar fitted. The outside side to side measurement is 810. I also had to straighten the little bulge in the strips between the main chassie rail and the welded horns.

The lower lip of the bar rests aobut 3/4 the way down the horns on the rubber pads.

What I need is a protector that will bolt on the outside or inside and importantly doesn't go heigher than the "horns" so it will not fowl the bull bar.

The bolt holes mine use are the very bottom bolt and the first hole from the front on the main chassie which is furhter forward than the lower attachment point.

Looking at the photo on the first post am I correct that the protector is designed to have recovery hooks attached?

Do you believe your protector would bolt up to this:angel:

Thanks

philco
9th February 2010, 08:34 PM
Hi, our guard to fit a defender with an ARB bar is designed to fit on the outside of the chassis and is 805 inside width of the guard, with a bit of stretching i think it would fit ok onto your defender.

Still working on puma guards, hopefully in the next week or so we will have a guard to fit.

philco
10th February 2010, 05:04 PM
Ok, news on jack mounts, We have come across a technical hitch on the jack mounts and have had to re make a part for them, we hope to have the parts manufactured and the jack mount built ready to sell end next week.
SORRY to those waiting on me, I was hoping to have them ready for you this week.
I don't want to send out an inferior product and have problems with them.
Hope everyone is ok with that.
The steering guards are all go, no problems there, they will be going to powder coaters tomorrow.

flagg
16th February 2010, 07:35 PM
Hi Philco, how are those steering guards baking? :angel: :D

philco
16th February 2010, 08:30 PM
hi waiting to put them and the jack mounts in together for powder coating, sorry for the hiccups, a couple of problems that didn't show up with the first one we made, I am really sorry to delay things, I just don't want to send out items that will not be up to the quality standard required.
Last thing i want is a call from someone saying their jack fell off half way across the Simpson and they needed it to change a tyre.
I hope to have it all ready for powder coating thursday and pick up next week.
Phil

LRO
16th February 2010, 08:54 PM
Hi
Would be interested in one of the guards if they are still available

mike_ie
20th February 2010, 12:51 PM
Was chatting to Phil on the phone yesterday as it happens. From the sounds of it they are making damn sure that the jack mount is up to spec before shipping them out. Nice guy to talk to, as it happens :)

NCF 110
20th February 2010, 01:16 PM
Will the steering guard fit my 1993 200tdi with a fullmetal bullbar , if so I would like to order one .
Thanks Stew

http://img1.eyefetch.com/p/4a/845840-01d61ada-7bbd-4ecd-a4e7-d1957fe63a53l.jpg

JamesH
20th February 2010, 04:20 PM
Slightly off topic and a bit of a thread hijack, but that's a lovely Defender! What's the idea behind the checker plate on the bonnet?

Back on topic: This is identical to my bull bar set up so I'm very interested in Philco's response. I'll be ordering too when finances allow and/or the next outback trip is nigh.

philco
20th February 2010, 08:30 PM
Hi guys, If your bars are mounted on the outside and top of the chassis as ARB bars are designed then I have an ARB specific guard that will fit.

philco
20th February 2010, 08:33 PM
Ok Have another order going in for guards, The guards will fit all defenders including PUMA model Defenders, i will be posting up Pics as soon as they are back from the powder coaters.

dullbird
21st February 2010, 07:01 PM
Bugger Bugger Bugger....I have been waiting for this to happen and now I don't have the cash due to new springs, the disco head gasket and the tyres coming up from melbourne. and the shocks that I'm certain my disco needs...

Will you be doing any more for the Puma Philco.....???? I don't want to miss out on the guard but I'm certainly going to be broke until next pay day in 2 weeks

Ranga
21st February 2010, 10:53 PM
Ok Have another order going in for guards, The guards will fit all defenders including PUMA model Defenders, i will be posting up Pics as soon as they are back from the powder coaters.

Is one of these for me? :angel:

MacFamily
22nd February 2010, 09:32 PM
Gday Phill

Pm sent this is an old pic of my bullbar and snatch hooks tell me if you think they will be in the way.Also a front on pic, it has brackets mounted on the inside which my hooks are attached to.Have a quick look if you need another angle(pic)let me know.

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2010/02/408.jpg

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2010/02/409.jpg

philco
22nd February 2010, 09:44 PM
The guard will be mounted on the outside of the chassis, the recovery points can be mounted on the outside, i have added on the new design, 2 holes at the front of each side for recovery points, please see the pic of my defender on the first page of this thread with the hooks on the outside.

Reads90
22nd February 2010, 09:54 PM
Hi

Can you put me down for one please. I will have one for my 300 TDi 110.

I can come and pick it up as i am down the gold coast all the time.

Cheers

Ali

philco
23rd February 2010, 10:32 PM
hi to all interested in these guards, I have been inundated with orders and had only done a small run on them not expecting them to be so popular, I have a 2nd run on order to go through the laser cutters in the next week, 5 standard guards and 5 arb compatible guards, I will honour all orders and try to get them ready as fast as i can, My apologies to everyone for the delays, This is the first time i have done business with Aussie manufacturers as I have in the past only ordered from overseas and sold the stock when it arrives. I want to keep with the local made items and designs and do not want to go to Asia to get everything made.
I hope I have not p#*^#d anyone off and am doing my best to get these done. Regards Phil

philco
19th May 2010, 06:46 PM
Hi all, I got a new batch of steering guards for defenders available in a week or 2 the process to finished product has changed a bit. I am now getting them zinc coated then powder coated. works out better for me than galvanising.

If you have a different choice of colour to black please let me know, it may take a week longer to put thru the powder coaters.
4 x std guards
4 x to fit vehicles with ARB bullbars

dullbird
19th May 2010, 08:27 PM
Hey Philco

What's the difference between the standard guards and the ones to fit Arb bullbars?

Only reason I ask is we have a Mantec winch bar on ours.

philco
19th May 2010, 09:07 PM
Std ones fit directly onto the outside of the chassis rails and the ARB ones are 10mm wider to allow for the bullbar mounts on the outside of the chassis rails.

all holes are to fit directly onto the existing holes in the chassis.

I have added another hole at the front of the guard to be drilled out for a recovery hook on each side as in my pics on the first page.

HUE166
19th May 2010, 09:38 PM
I am currently in the market for a new bullbar. I will certainly place an order once I have finalised the bar.

dullbird
19th May 2010, 09:51 PM
Philco will probably put an order in for one this time..I just need to confirm which one we need.

once I have some day light will look at how our existing winch bar is fitted on

Lou

5teve
20th May 2010, 02:42 PM
Sooo tempted.. but i think i will be strung up by my dangly bits if i went for one of these too... i'll wait until you do another round :D

By the way... i have a custom (i assume) ally bar on the deefer and it it attached to the chassis on ALL 4 SIDES of the chassis rails.. so 2 bolts in left to right and 2 long bolts top to bottom

would that cause much of an issue for the guard? (i would get measurements when im ready / allowed anyway...)

Thanks

Steve

stig0000
20th May 2010, 02:49 PM
i realy wish i had the money for one:(:( i realy need one,

frantic
20th May 2010, 03:31 PM
Hi, I have a 2002 defender 110 with a landrover bullbar(stamped into the front) with a slot for a winch,would the guard fit?

dullbird
20th May 2010, 10:09 PM
never gets easy does it...
Well my winch bar fits to the original mounts that the orginal factory bar did I.e top and bottom of the chassis rail at the front.

However Ian has Jate rings fitted to the front as this is our only recovery points at the moment do these have recovery eyes built in philco that we can put some bow shackles on?

If so I guess I can get the standard one otherwise I'm not sure which one will fit...as the jate ring goes on the outside of the steering protector already there

philco
21st May 2010, 08:49 AM
Sooo tempted.. but i think i will be strung up by my dangly bits if i went for one of these too... i'll wait until you do another round :D

By the way... i have a custom (i assume) ally bar on the deefer and it it attached to the chassis on ALL 4 SIDES of the chassis rails.. so 2 bolts in left to right and 2 long bolts top to bottom

would that cause much of an issue for the guard? (i would get measurements when im ready / allowed anyway...)

Thanks

Steve

should be ok to fit the ARB style guard, the best way would be to measure from outside to outside of the mounts and let me know, if have to I could get a special made up for you in the next run.

philco
21st May 2010, 08:53 AM
Hi, I have a 2002 defender 110 with a landrover bullbar(stamped into the front) with a slot for a winch,would the guard fit?

Yours should have a mount bolt through the side of the chassis also, with mount points on top,bottom,outside side of each chassis rail, They were made in Australia by ARB a few years ago. So ARB style guard would be the one you need.

philco
21st May 2010, 08:58 AM
never gets easy does it...
Well my winch bar fits to the original mounts that the orginal factory bar did I.e top and bottom of the chassis rail at the front.

However Ian has Jate rings fitted to the front as this is our only recovery points at the moment do these have recovery eyes built in philco that we can put some bow shackles on?

If so I guess I can get the standard one otherwise I'm not sure which one will fit...as the jate ring goes on the outside of the steering protector already there

dullbird, have a look at my pic on the first page of the thread, you can see the recovery hooks attached to the outside of the guard, i purchased them from supercheap for approx $30.00 pair, they are rated to 4500kg and that is what I use.
If you notice the 2 holes at the top of my latest pics, they are the position to mount the hooks.
There is a hole lower down on the guard on each side but it is not for recovery, only to attach your winch hook if needed.

Rosco
21st May 2010, 09:23 AM
Hi all, I got a new batch of steering guards for defenders available in a week or 2 the process to finished product has changed a bit. I am now getting them zinc coated then powder coated. works out better for me than galvanising. I will post up a couple of pics with the new guards. The price has changed a little.
$220.00 each including delivery anywhere in Australia.

If you have a different choice of colour to black please let me know, it may take a week longer to put thru the powder coaters.
4 x std guards
4 x to fit vehicles with ARB bullbars

G'day Philco

So straight galv is no longer an option ??

philco
21st May 2010, 10:06 AM
G'day Philco

So straight galv is no longer an option ??

Sorry not at the moment, the cost of minimum order for galv is 10 guards to make it cost effective, what I am doing now is more or less a double coating, with the zinc coating and the powder coating it will be very well protected.
my guard is only powder coated and i have had it on for over 1 year now with no rust, I've been to north straddie a couple of times on the beach, still looks in good condition.

Rosco
21st May 2010, 10:49 AM
No worries mate.
The zinc coating will probably make a significant difference.
My bar is one of those ARB Landrover stamped ones (2003 Defender)
with a bracket that goes on both sides of the chassis rail.

One of your guards will fit ??

dullbird
21st May 2010, 12:55 PM
Philco put me down for a standard one then I guess...

I will have to get my handfs on some of those recovery hook thingy's

Rosco
22nd May 2010, 11:20 AM
Philco

From your response to Frantic, an ARB type would also fit mine??
And what cost for unpainted ... straight steel. The I could get it hot dipped.

Reason .. I'm a bit anal about powder coating. After 7 years it's starting to fail on my b/bar. The side steps/sliders were powder coated and have rusted out completely.

philco
23rd May 2010, 02:53 PM
No worries mate.
The zinc coating will probably make a significant difference.
My bar is one of those ARB Landrover stamped ones (2003 Defender)
with a bracket that goes on both sides of the chassis rail.

One of your guards will fit ??

Yep will do

Rosco
23rd May 2010, 04:18 PM
Yep will do

OK

Put me down for one to suit. Plain uncoated steel. Delivery time ??
If you want to PM me your uncoated price and bank details, I'll sort out the dollaros.

NCF 110
24th May 2010, 09:06 AM
Can you put me down for one of these steering guards for my Defender on your next run .

Thanks Stewart

mike_ie
3rd June 2010, 02:52 PM
Steering Guard Install (http://www.aulro.com/afvb/projects-tutorials/94919-expedition-home-build-au-ie-4.html#post1264837)

Thanks again philco.

Adrian Mc
3rd June 2010, 03:24 PM
I noticed this steering guard courtesy of mike_ie's project page.
Nice good looking guard.
PM sent for an order for a ARB style guard.

dullbird
3rd June 2010, 08:09 PM
Let me know when to pay Philco

Mudnut
3rd June 2010, 09:56 PM
I sent you a pm, as I am interested in one of your steering guards.

Cheers,
Ken

scott oz
7th June 2010, 01:03 PM
philco,

I'll measure up tonight and PM the width.

I've an alloy two poster bar which as two arms attaching to the outside of the chasie rail. I'd estimate they would be about 10 to 15mm each so looking at 20 to 30 mm wider than the chassie?

Would you be able to cater for this?

scott oz
8th June 2010, 07:56 AM
Philco,

Measured the outside of my bull bar mount and its 830 would you be able to adjust the guard to accomidate this:)

philco
10th June 2010, 10:28 AM
Hi guys, sorry to not reply or post up lately, am at maccas at moment as wife sick of the cost of internet last week and cancelled our contract :nazibanned::( so here i am at maccas trying to play catch up. hopefully will have internet hooked up next week sometime. please bear with me during the transition time forced upon me. thanks Phil

Mudnut
10th June 2010, 02:46 PM
No worries, let me know when you are ready.
Ken

dullbird
10th June 2010, 09:29 PM
NO worries Phil just get your self sorted first that's the main thing:)

NCF 110
11th June 2010, 09:04 AM
No probs , when your ready Phil

philco
12th July 2010, 12:27 PM
Hi guys, the guards are ready, please pm me the style you require and address and phone number and i will pm you the bank details.

VladTepes
12th July 2010, 02:25 PM
So did we figure out if they fit along with an ARB winch bar ?

philco
12th July 2010, 02:49 PM
yep they do, but if you have an ARB bar or LR bar please let me know so i send the right unit. standard width should be 795mm to 800mm from outside to outside of chassis ARB or LR guards should be 805 - 810mm outside to outside of chassis.
Congrats to LR for variation accuracy of build in all Defenders ;)

VladTepes
12th July 2010, 03:22 PM
accuracy ? Defenders ? :lol2: indeed.

Mudnut
21st July 2010, 06:38 PM
Hey Phil,

A big package arrived via Startrack Express today. What a beautiful piece of artwork it is. It seems a shame to hang it off the underside of my Defender, where it can get scratched, and dented!!;)

Anyway,

Thanks Phil

haggisbasher
26th July 2010, 12:45 PM
Hi Phil....

was wondering if you have any ARB compatibily plates left. I have a 95 Fender and am going to need one for when i am collecting my firewood.

Cheers

Chris

stig0000
3rd November 2010, 07:11 PM
got it today and all fitted up, just some gentle love taps with a BFH and it all fitted up nicly, :):) love the work, just a Q, them holes ither side under the front mount, is that a recovery point?? or a tie down point
https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2010/11/1641.jpg

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2010/11/1642.jpg

philco
3rd November 2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks, always love to see them fitted, Cheers Phil

philco
24th November 2010, 10:22 PM
Hi, a christmas is fast approaching, I will not be taking any orders after 9th December.
Thank you to all who have supported our local manufacturers thru me this year. Regards Phil

Scott S
12th February 2011, 11:06 PM
Hi Phil,

Will be doing any more runs of steering guards in 2011?

Regards,

Scott

philco
13th February 2011, 12:43 AM
Yep will have some ready in a week or 2

Ranga
22nd February 2011, 09:46 PM
Well, I'm now selling the 110 with the guard I bought last year. Unfortunately it doesn't fit the 130 I bought, as it has an ARB bar. So, looks like I'm up for another! Can you put me down for one? I'll post exact measurements later in the week.

Also, would an alloy one be both advantageous and possible? Obviously would cost more and not be so strong, but would be lighter. Probably doesn't matter, but most other ones I've seen are alloy. Just curious.

philco
25th February 2011, 11:02 PM
Well, I'm now selling the 110 with the guard I bought last year. Unfortunately it doesn't fit the 130 I bought, as it has an ARB bar. So, looks like I'm up for another! Can you put me down for one? I'll post exact measurements later in the week.

Also, would an alloy one be both advantageous and possible? Obviously would cost more and not be so strong, but would be lighter. Probably doesn't matter, but most other ones I've seen are alloy. Just curious.

My Laser guy has advised me the cost would be 3 times that of the present guards, but if you are interested and are willing to pay for it i can get a quote for you.

I got a couple at the powder coaters now, my zinc plater is moving his factory so i will not be able to get anything new done for 3 or 4 weeks.

Ranga
27th February 2011, 03:40 PM
My Laser guy has advised me the cost would be 3 times that of the present guards, but if you are interested and are willing to pay for it i can get a quote for you.

I got a couple at the powder coaters now, my zinc plater is moving his factory so i will not be able to get anything new done for 3 or 4 weeks.

Are the ones at the powdercoaster for an ARB, and available? If so, I'll take one.

philco
12th April 2011, 11:43 AM
Are the ones at the powdercoaster for an ARB, and available? If so, I'll take one.

These guards are still available.

gusthedog
22nd April 2011, 12:52 PM
Philco,

Sent you a pm mate. After one for a 2004 defender 110 with an arb bar. Sounds like its the goods :BigThumb:.

Chris.

philco
24th April 2011, 04:10 PM
Have replied. Phil

philco
29th April 2011, 06:21 PM
I am away for a few weeks overseas so all guard sales will be on hold till i return. Regards Phil

Rosco
3rd May 2011, 08:19 AM
For all those still thinking of getting one. I'd say it saved my bacon well and truly over the weekend. Was doing a spot of rock hopping on a trip at the Warwick Corroboree. Probably wouldn't have if the circumstances were different, but that's a different story .... can't let those pieces of japcrap go it alone can we.

Copped a couple of hugh wallops underneath, some directly on the guard.
End result .. lack of full RH lock due to the steering ball joint contacting the out of shape guard.

Solved the problem by whipping it orf and flogging it mercilessly with an FBH to return it to something resembling it's original shape and all was good.

Would most likely have been a different story without that particular bit of kit in place.

Sad news on the way home though. Sounds like the old warped manifold issue .. to be investigated and confirmed today ... :o:(:BigCry:. On a brighter note, if correct it will be an opportune time to install a Provent .. :)

Edit: Manifold issue not so bad after all .... intercooler hose had dropped off ... :)

Hamjam
14th February 2012, 11:22 PM
Hi philco,
I would like to know the price of your steering guard for my Defender 1998 300 TDI. As it looks great.

Regards

James

Hamjam
18th February 2012, 10:51 AM
defender-steering-guard can you give me a price please.
Thanks
James

philco
11th August 2013, 08:45 PM
Please see the first post of this thread for our new prices.
Thanks Philco

dfendr
1st September 2013, 08:18 PM
Fitted mine last week a top notch product

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2013/09/1672.jpg (http://s1192.photobucket.com/user/anonyuser1/media/IMG_1440_zps0188a7d3.jpg.html)

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2013/09/1673.jpg (http://s1192.photobucket.com/user/anonyuser1/media/IMG_1441_zps752b1532.jpg.html)

Thanks Philco

philco
1st September 2013, 10:34 PM
Looks good, Less oil under there than mine too [thumbsupbig]

VladTepes
2nd October 2013, 04:40 PM
Less oil under there than mine too [thumbsupbig]

Reeeeaaaaallllllyyyyyyy :o;)

ezyrama
6th October 2013, 08:44 AM
Hey Philco
Just looked at the pic. Does that mean i have to have to look at your name if i put one on the Tardis???:p
Cheers Ian

philco
6th October 2013, 12:15 PM
Hey Philco
Just looked at the pic. Does that mean i have to have to look at your name if i put one on the Tardis???:p
Cheers Ian

Just think, every time you see my name it stands for "quality"
:angel:

philco
18th July 2014, 08:19 PM
Bump

mouce
8th August 2014, 11:16 AM
Fantastic bit of kit this. As soon as my old man saw it, he told me I had to order another one...so he could have one on his Puma.

I'm trilled with it. The price is great, it's really well made, and way cheaper than ripping my steering out on rocks :D

ozy013
2nd September 2014, 10:46 PM
Hey Philco,

what a great bit of kit, are you still doing the steering guards? As I need an ARB bullbar compatible one for my Puma. Pm sent, cheers Ian.

Hools
21st October 2014, 09:34 PM
PM sent.