PDA

View Full Version : Nanocom

airfireman1
21st December 2009, 07:12 PM
Hi, I have just purchased and recieved my nanocom. I now have a couple of questions for those that have had experience with them.
1 How do I register it (serial Numbers) how do I get these.
2 Downloading the software (how to) i cant quite follow the site on what to do.
3 How do you diagnose and clear the 3 amigos?
instructions seem a bit vague
That will do for a start.
Thanks

LandyAndy
21st December 2009, 07:31 PM
This thread has pretty good info on how to use the nanocom.
http://www.aulro.com/afvb/electronic-diagnostics/59167-nanocom-first-uses-impressions.html

You get the serial number off the screen,when it powers up from memory.You register via email,once you have registered you can get the unlock codes for your Nanocom.You also download the updates as a zip file once its registered.
Once its all up and going you go into each ECU(ie Engine,BCU,ACE etc) on the vehicle and read the faults/clear them.You may find it easier doing it with the laptop in the vehicle.You will find it a bit of a headache to start withbut once you persever you will get your head around it.Find out if somebody nearby has one,Im sure over a cold beer or 3 they will run you thru it:cool::cool::cool:
Andrew

airfireman1
21st December 2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks, I have managed to extract the id code and register it. I have plugged it into the car and so far its engine fault it has picked up is "inconsistant air flow"
i have yet to load the code into it to check the 3 amigos.

EDIT: I have sorted most of it out and got it working with the laptop.
I have cleared all the faults (only one ) left front sensor, now the abs light wont go out. Just took it for a short drive and it cleared.
Its so good to drive around without 3 orange lights glaring from the dash.

Cheers Dave

Zute
22nd December 2009, 10:52 PM
What soft ware version do you have ? the wheel sensor use to show up on old versions even when there was no fault.
Run the power bleed and test, this will some times remove 3 amigo's. Also replace brake fluid ever 40000ks seems to help banishing them.