Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 158 of 158

Thread: History of The RR LSE in Australia

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    561
    My modified one struggled to sell until I found the right guy.
    1976 LR 90 Hybrid GONE
    1985 RRC chev GONE
    1997 D1 V8 GONE
    1973 RRC Gone
    1980'RRC Build in progress GOING
    Disco wrecking 93 & 94
    1993 RRC LSE

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    561

    Spotted in Apollo Bay
    1976 LR 90 Hybrid GONE
    1985 RRC chev GONE
    1997 D1 V8 GONE
    1973 RRC Gone
    1980'RRC Build in progress GOING
    Disco wrecking 93 & 94
    1993 RRC LSE

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    229
    Did anyone get any confirmation of numbers bought to Australia? When did the soft dash LSE go on sale in Australia and do we know how many AULRO members have a LSE currently?




  4. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Now I dont wanna speak Illawarra, but how much can a Koala Bear?
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockee View Post

    Spotted in Apollo Bay

    heh now there's one you wouldn't buy...

    1. regularly dipping it's arse in the ocean (boatramp waves)
    2. had the arse-end constantly torn out (tow huge boat)
    3. "Apollo Bay"

    constant salt exposure, regardless of how well it's kept is always an issue in these things. Being an LSE, getting bits (rear doors, sunroof repairs etc) will be a problem for the "next" owner... if there is one.
    Roads?.. Where we're going, we don't need roads...

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aus
    Posts
    2,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercguy View Post
    heh now there's one you wouldn't buy...

    1. regularly dipping it's arse in the ocean (boatramp waves)
    2. had the arse-end constantly torn out (tow huge boat)
    3. "Apollo Bay"

    constant salt exposure, regardless of how well it's kept is always an issue in these things. Being an LSE, getting bits (rear doors, sunroof repairs etc) will be a problem for the "next" owner... if there is one.
    You buy on condition .... Being a boat, it probably only tows a few kms at low speed around town. The land rover chassis could easily hand that boat. It may also never get its arse end dunked. A good ramp doesn't require the tow car to enter the water (especially if you have a really good boat trailer).
    Proper cars--
    '92 Range Rover 3.9V8 ... slugomatic
    '92 Range Rover 3.8V8 ... 5spd manual
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I :burnrubber:
    '63 ID19 x 2 :wheelchair:
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas
    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual :zzz:

  6. #156
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woolgoolga
    Posts
    7,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Chivalry View Post
    Did anyone get any confirmation of numbers bought to Australia? When did the soft dash LSE go on sale in Australia and do we know how many AULRO members have a LSE currently?
    I currently have 1 LSE soft dash, which I will 've getting rid of shortly. The lse hard dash I had, is now a wreck unfortunately
    Damien
    ------------------------------------------------

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Now I dont wanna speak Illawarra, but how much can a Koala Bear?
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    You buy on condition .... Being a boat, it probably only tows a few kms at low speed around town. The land rover chassis could easily hand that boat. It may also never get its arse end dunked. A good ramp doesn't require the tow car to enter the water (especially if you have a really good boat trailer).
    I live about 300m from the pacific.
    I have an RRC
    I tow a boat regularly
    I don't tow it 'round town' I get out and go places with it.

    Boat ramps determine how far you have to back in, and to get that thing buoyant, it will be up to the trailer axles no issues there. It's the waves that roll in and splash up. Sometimes you have no choice if the swell starts beating.

    I also know the apollo bay harbour /marina reasonably well. So generally unless there is a NE swell It's not going to be an issue for waves, except when the easterly picks up and then the spray is far worse than the waves. That vehicle will be parked at the boat ramp carpark for hours copping salt spray. It's not a nice place to be on a windy day, and windy is a prevailing condition down otway.

    What people fail to realize is that salt spray isn't dry. It's wet, it seeps into every crevice. You can rinse it, but that doesn't rid the vehicle from it. you need to soak it for hours or pray it rains for a week.
    Detergents accelerate the salt penetration by simply aiding the penetration through reduced meniscal tension.
    regular application of salt assault and lanotec is pretty much the only defense.

    It will creep under every rubber seal, every hinge, every radiator fin, every bit of exposed alloy.

    I'm not joking Shane. I've watched mine like a hawk for almost 6 years and despite all precaution, you will not prevent it. A pillar windscreen seal and roofline seal, tailgate seal, door jam ... etc etc scuttle/firewall, bottom of a pillar and sill, B pillar and sill, you have to keep up the prevention to keep the salt and rust away. The upkeep is ridiculous.

    If it weren't for the fact that old landrovers have built-in underbody rust prevention (oil spray) then the things would be all but extinct.
    Roads?.. Where we're going, we don't need roads...

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW Tassie
    Posts
    1,787
    I have towed boats of many sizes behind different vehicles, the worst is my 12 foot tinney, trailer has 14 inch wheels so is very high. I have had no rust problems as I used to spray about a gallon of fish oil under them first up.
    cheers
    blaze

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!