Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Perentie paint

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lane Cove
    Posts
    76

    Perentie paint

    I looked the Protec site and found a store at Hornsby N S W ,closed down , rang the number on the sign , we are at Silverwater now , what do you want , paint I replie , Ok she says .I drive to Silverwater , we do not sell paint anymore ,we are paint protection .I come home ring the 1800 number for protec . Protec does not exists anymore says the man , we should pull that web page . There is a mob called Paint Power House that sell a paint called Protec he says . So I ask the Question who lately ( in the last month)has bought the paint for their Perentie in the Sydney ,and do they keep the formula or did you have it colour matched ?.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Blair Athol, Adelaide South Aust.
    Posts
    2,677
    Protec paint is now made in Melbourne. It used to be made here in Adelaide. They have the olive drab, tan and black camoflage paint in stock as 4 litre cans or spray cans.

    Cheers Rod
    Cheers, Rod


    BETSY
    1967 Series 2a. 109 4 cyl petrol, Fairey o/drive, Athol Hedges roof.
    Currently undergoing rebuild.
    Will have-- soft top, 4 wheel disc brakes, salisbury rear diff, military colour, 12 pin nato socket, dual pintle hitch....

    1975 Series 3. 109 6cyl 186, 5 speed Nissan cabstar gearbox, mechanical winch, roo bar, kings awning, 50" light bar, roof rack, twin 6"light bars, kings awning tent.

    1969 NO. 5 trailer. ARN 176 464. soft top.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lane Cove
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by 67hardtop View Post
    Protec paint is now made in Melbourne. It used to be made here in Adelaide. They have the olive drab, tan and black camoflage paint in stock as 4 litre cans or spray cans.

    Cheers Rod
    How do I contact the supplier to arrange shipment etc

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Blair Athol, Adelaide South Aust.
    Posts
    2,677
    Quote Originally Posted by thomson View Post
    How do I contact the supplier to arrange shipment etc
    Im not sure. I was told this by the protec paint stockist here in Adelaide on Tuesday. Thats all i know. Sorry.

    Cheers Rod
    Cheers, Rod


    BETSY
    1967 Series 2a. 109 4 cyl petrol, Fairey o/drive, Athol Hedges roof.
    Currently undergoing rebuild.
    Will have-- soft top, 4 wheel disc brakes, salisbury rear diff, military colour, 12 pin nato socket, dual pintle hitch....

    1975 Series 3. 109 6cyl 186, 5 speed Nissan cabstar gearbox, mechanical winch, roo bar, kings awning, 50" light bar, roof rack, twin 6"light bars, kings awning tent.

    1969 NO. 5 trailer. ARN 176 464. soft top.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lane Cove
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by 67hardtop View Post
    Im not sure. I was told this by the protec paint stockist here in Adelaide on Tuesday. Thats all i know. Sorry.

    Cheers Rod
    So the Merry go round continues , does anybody have any real info??....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Blair Athol, Adelaide South Aust.
    Posts
    2,677
    There you go. Ring the number. Best i can do for you unless u want me to paint it for you too???

    Cheers Rod
    Cheers, Rod


    BETSY
    1967 Series 2a. 109 4 cyl petrol, Fairey o/drive, Athol Hedges roof.
    Currently undergoing rebuild.
    Will have-- soft top, 4 wheel disc brakes, salisbury rear diff, military colour, 12 pin nato socket, dual pintle hitch....

    1975 Series 3. 109 6cyl 186, 5 speed Nissan cabstar gearbox, mechanical winch, roo bar, kings awning, 50" light bar, roof rack, twin 6"light bars, kings awning tent.

    1969 NO. 5 trailer. ARN 176 464. soft top.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lane Cove
    Posts
    76
    [could you give me the phone number ,I cannot read the can, thanks QUOTE=67hardtop;2784687]There you go. Ring the number. Best i can do for you unless u want me to paint it for you too???

    Cheers Rod[/QUOTE]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Harlaxton Queensland 4350
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by thomson View Post
    I looked the Protec site and found a store at Hornsby N S W ,closed down , rang the number on the sign , we are at Silverwater now , what do you want , paint I replie , Ok she says .I drive to Silverwater , we do not sell paint anymore ,we are paint protection .I come home ring the 1800 number for protec . Protec does not exists anymore says the man , we should pull that web page . There is a mob called Paint Power House that sell a paint called Protec he says . So I ask the Question who lately ( in the last month)has bought the paint for their Perentie in the Sydney ,and do they keep the formula or did you have it colour matched ?.
    Protec Pty Ltd
    ABN 41 007 857 392
    35 Collinsvale St, Rocklea, Qld, 4106.

    No telephone number supplied on invoice.

    Invoice date 31-Jan-18.

    They exist in Brisbane, sell 4 litre cans, spraycans and will colour match. Company should exist in Sydney I would think.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western Victoria
    Posts
    14,288

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Blair Athol, Adelaide South Aust.
    Posts
    2,677
    08 8447 6311
    Cheers, Rod


    BETSY
    1967 Series 2a. 109 4 cyl petrol, Fairey o/drive, Athol Hedges roof.
    Currently undergoing rebuild.
    Will have-- soft top, 4 wheel disc brakes, salisbury rear diff, military colour, 12 pin nato socket, dual pintle hitch....

    1975 Series 3. 109 6cyl 186, 5 speed Nissan cabstar gearbox, mechanical winch, roo bar, kings awning, 50" light bar, roof rack, twin 6"light bars, kings awning tent.

    1969 NO. 5 trailer. ARN 176 464. soft top.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!