Thread: Expansion Tank Hose Input

Total Downloaded

Expansion Tank Hose Input

Hi
    I recently purchased a genuine expansion tank for a 2003 td5.
    I removed the old one and noticed that there was an extra hose inserted into the underneath of the tank. There is one in the bottom left and top right and also one going in just below the cap.

The new one just has bottom left and just below the cap.

I notice that the plastic has symetric cuts in the plastic around the top right spot where my old one has the hose. (square shape)

I went to landrover and checked their part to make sure it wasn't a manufacturing error but they were identical. The guy in the prts department couldn't tell me anything.

Can anyone tell me what this extra hose is?

Also, has anyone had experience with this. I was just going to try and pry the plastic square off with a knife but if someone can point me in the right direction that would be better.

I have attached photos of the extra hose and the area where the plastic square is.

Thanks a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It'sNotWorthComplaining! Guest
    Hi, I haven't got a td5 Expansion tank to compare it with the V8 ones, but looking at your pic it is similar to the D2 V8.
    What part number did they give you? it should be TD5 = PCF101420
    the V8s 2A>on = PCF101410
    upto 2A V8 = ESR2935

Total Downloaded
    Id get onto roverparts in Melbourne. They'll have all the advice and any replaent parts you need.