Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Nanocom Issues

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    South Yundreup,WA. Bludging
    Posts
    7,392

    Nanocom Issues

    Anyone else having ongoing issue with their Nanocom one?
    Mine keep cutting out and shutting down after about 60 seconds on Instrument mode.
    When connected wont initialize and a couple of other messages basically not responding.
    Now is this likely a Nanocom problem or ECU problem?
    2000 Defender Extreme: Shrek
    2009 DRZ400E Suzuki
    1956 P4 90 Rover (project)
    1961 P4 100 Rover (project)
    1976 SS Torana (project)
    2003 WK Holden Statesman
    Departed
    84 RR (Gone) 97 Tdi Disco (Gone)
    98 Ducati 900SS Gone & Missed

    Facta Non Verba

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    west of Transylvania
    Posts
    2,686
    What firmware version do you have in it? if it's 2.11 you should go to 2.09 or vice-versa to rule this out, 5'th from bottom Downloads & Support - NANOCOM Diagnostics but you need a programmer for that
    Discovery Td5 (2000), manual, tuned

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kilmore, VIC
    Posts
    660

    HiJack

    Rather than starting a new one on related topic...

    I've just been reunited with my L320 after a lengthy separation and now my Nanocom won't talk to it. It fires up OK when plugged in, initialises and goes to the pick the vehicle type screen no worries - and then when you select Canbus the screen blanks out (still has the blue graduation shading) and stays like that. It doesn't detect the vehicle as it should at this point. I've checked that the code file is in there and loaded against the correct slot. No changes there. Any thoughts?

    It did go back to BBS in May/June for a pull-through as I was having a few issues. They updated it to the latest firmware and sent it back with a clean bill of health. I used it shortly thereafter briefly while the car was at the Indy and it worked fine. But a couple of months later I now try and it does per the above.
    DiscoClax
    '94 D1 3dr Aegean Blue - 300ci stroker RV8, 4HP24 & Compushift, usual bar-work, various APT gear, 235/85 M/Ts, 3deg arms, Detroit lockers, $$$$, etc.
    '08 RRS TDV8 Rimini Red - Compomotives, 285/60 BFGs, Rock sliders, APT full under-protection, Mitch Hitch, Tradesman alloy rack, LLAMS, VCIQ

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    cairns
    Posts
    1,675
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigE View Post
    Anyone else having ongoing issue with their Nanocom one?
    Mine keep cutting out and shutting down after about 60 seconds on Instrument mode.
    When connected wont initialize and a couple of other messages basically not responding.
    Now is this likely a Nanocom problem or ECU problem?

    Craig, if you haven't already do this upgrade. Fixed my issues with the Nanocom 1

    http://cdbl.free.fr/Nanocom/V1-V2/Ma...ION_MANUAL.pdf
    Paul.

    77 series3 (sold)
    95 300Tdi Ute (sold)
    2003 XTREME Td5

    I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    South Yundreup,WA. Bludging
    Posts
    7,392
    Harro,
    Thanks but apparently this is no longer available, I need to find some one with the programmer module, the chip I believe is still available.
    To be honest the Nanocom has been fairly hit and miss since day one with connection problems. At present wont even hook up to my sons D2 V8 anymore and is intermittent with my TD5. Certainly cant justify buying a new one at present.
    Cheers
    Craig

    Quote Originally Posted by harro View Post
    Craig, if you haven't already do this upgrade. Fixed my issues with the Nanocom 1

    http://cdbl.free.fr/Nanocom/V1-V2/Ma...ION_MANUAL.pdf
    2000 Defender Extreme: Shrek
    2009 DRZ400E Suzuki
    1956 P4 90 Rover (project)
    1961 P4 100 Rover (project)
    1976 SS Torana (project)
    2003 WK Holden Statesman
    Departed
    84 RR (Gone) 97 Tdi Disco (Gone)
    98 Ducati 900SS Gone & Missed

    Facta Non Verba

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    cairns
    Posts
    1,675
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigE View Post
    Harro,
    Thanks but apparently this is no longer available, I need to find some one with the programmer module, the chip I believe is still available.
    To be honest the Nanocom has been fairly hit and miss since day one with connection problems. At present wont even hook up to my sons D2 V8 anymore and is intermittent with my TD5. Certainly cant justify buying a new one at present.
    Cheers
    Craig
    Craig, I still have the programmer.
    PM if you want it, I can post it over to you you.

    Paul.
    Paul.

    77 series3 (sold)
    95 300Tdi Ute (sold)
    2003 XTREME Td5

    I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Limassol, Cyprus
    Posts
    457
    Hiyas Craig

    I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Nanocom one.

    Although Blackbox Solutions had no part in the development and supply of the nanocom one, we did produce a firmware version for these that fixed most all common issues.
    We also attended to the inherant updating problems that prevented direct updating via serial or USB and replaced the home built / expensive direct progragrammer you see in the linked document by producing a custom firmware for the Inexpensive Pickit 2 programmer. We offer this programmer for below 25 AUD on our web shop complete with a 10 MHZ crystal.

    I do hope that one way or another you get this sorted, but if you need any further help, feel free to ask.

    Regards

    Colin
    Colin
    MD of Blackbox Solutions Ltd.
    www.blackbox-solutions.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kilmore, VIC
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoClax View Post
    Rather than starting a new one on related topic...

    I've just been reunited with my L320 after a lengthy separation and now my Nanocom won't talk to it. It fires up OK when plugged in, initialises and goes to the pick the vehicle type screen no worries - and then when you select Canbus the screen blanks out (still has the blue graduation shading) and stays like that. It doesn't detect the vehicle as it should at this point. I've checked that the code file is in there and loaded against the correct slot. No changes there. Any thoughts?

    It did go back to BBS in May/June for a pull-through as I was having a few issues. They updated it to the latest firmware and sent it back with a clean bill of health. I used it shortly thereafter briefly while the car was at the Indy and it worked fine. But a couple of months later I now try and it does per the above.
    Update. Turns out it was the SD card info. Pulled the SD card out and it worked perfectly. Have just had a look at the files on there and they are rubbish, so have formatted and re-prepared the card per the BBS app and latest download. Confident it's all OK now I did refresh the firmware per Colin's suggestion but that didn't help, although a solid starting point knowing that's the latest and OK.
    DiscoClax
    '94 D1 3dr Aegean Blue - 300ci stroker RV8, 4HP24 & Compushift, usual bar-work, various APT gear, 235/85 M/Ts, 3deg arms, Detroit lockers, $$$$, etc.
    '08 RRS TDV8 Rimini Red - Compomotives, 285/60 BFGs, Rock sliders, APT full under-protection, Mitch Hitch, Tradesman alloy rack, LLAMS, VCIQ

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    South Yundreup,WA. Bludging
    Posts
    7,392
    Quote Originally Posted by harro View Post
    Craig, I still have the programmer.
    PM if you want it, I can post it over to you you.

    Paul.
    Paul,
    I will open it and see what chip it has in it and may take you up if it has the right quartz chip, otherwise I will have to get it via BBS. Only issue I have is not the price of the unit and chip but $40-$60 freight for 175g.
    Cheers
    Craig
    2000 Defender Extreme: Shrek
    2009 DRZ400E Suzuki
    1956 P4 90 Rover (project)
    1961 P4 100 Rover (project)
    1976 SS Torana (project)
    2003 WK Holden Statesman
    Departed
    84 RR (Gone) 97 Tdi Disco (Gone)
    98 Ducati 900SS Gone & Missed

    Facta Non Verba

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    South Yundreup,WA. Bludging
    Posts
    7,392
    Thanks Colin,
    Fully aware this was not your doing and previous manufacturer. May go down this path. Only thing that has put me off is super expensive post at $42-$60 odd for a 175g package. Already looked at the website. Also considering the evolution.

    Cheers Craig

    Quote Originally Posted by BBS Guy View Post
    Hiyas Craig

    I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Nanocom one.

    Although Blackbox Solutions had no part in the development and supply of the nanocom one, we did produce a firmware version for these that fixed most all common issues.
    We also attended to the inherant updating problems that prevented direct updating via serial or USB and replaced the home built / expensive direct progragrammer you see in the linked document by producing a custom firmware for the Inexpensive Pickit 2 programmer. We offer this programmer for below 25 AUD on our web shop complete with a 10 MHZ crystal.

    I do hope that one way or another you get this sorted, but if you need any further help, feel free to ask.

    Regards

    Colin
    2000 Defender Extreme: Shrek
    2009 DRZ400E Suzuki
    1956 P4 90 Rover (project)
    1961 P4 100 Rover (project)
    1976 SS Torana (project)
    2003 WK Holden Statesman
    Departed
    84 RR (Gone) 97 Tdi Disco (Gone)
    98 Ducati 900SS Gone & Missed

    Facta Non Verba

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!