Page 391 of 400 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 3995

Thread: Interesting, Odd or Funny Pics II.

  1. #3901
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Who cares?
    Posts
    7,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrex View Post
    I just get them to count 100, when they start at 1 I ask them why they didn't start at 0 as they are doing with the decade/century.
    How's that working out for you?? Arithmetic never beats logic.
    ​JayTee

    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. Sir Terry Pratchett

    2000 D2 TD5 Auto: Tins
    1994 D1 300TDi Manual: Dave
    1980 SIII Petrol Tray: Doris

  2. #3902
    Homestar's Avatar
    Homestar is offline Super Moderator & CA manager Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sunbury, VIC
    Posts
    17,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Tins View Post
    Doesn't sound like you, Gav. Even if you ARE wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tins View Post
    How's that working out for you?? Arithmetic never beats logic.
    I would have said lack of logic...

    Explain to me why say the year 2000 was the start of a century & millennium and not the end of it? They ended on the 31st December 2000 at 12.59:59. As was mentioned you don't start at zero to count to 100, you start at 1 and the number 100 is the last number in the sequence to 100. The year of our lord 0000 never happened - the year of our lord 1 did when those back then playing with their invisible friends decided to start the count we have now.

    Using your logic, explain it how you see it please? I'm genuinely interested - to see where you went wrong...


    1977 101 FC - 'Chucky'
    1986 Classic RR - 'Thing'
    1976 Series III Tray
    1997 Honda CBR1000F
    2003 L322 - Gone to a new home.

    'Love with your heart - use your head for everything else.' - CaptainDisillusion

  3. #3903
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Point Cook, VIC
    Posts
    1,210

    Interesting, Odd or Funny Pics II.

    Using the same logic of starting at 1 - in some Asian cultures you are born aged 1 as well.

    But yes - there is no year 0 - the Gregorian calendar actually starts at year 1. Goes from 1 BC to 1 AD.

    Handy to know for trivia night - but not interesting....perhaps odd. Interesting, Odd or Funny Pics II.

  4. #3904
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Adelaide Hills
    Posts
    12,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Homestar View Post
    I would have said lack of logic...

    Explain to me why say the year 2000 was the start of a century & millennium and not the end of it? They ended on the 31st December 2000 at 12.59:59. As was mentioned you don't start at zero to count to 100, you start at 1 and the number 100 is the last number in the sequence to 100. The year of our lord 0000 never happened - the year of our lord 1 did when those back then playing with their invisible friends decided to start the count we have now.

    Using your logic, explain it how you see it please? I'm genuinely interested - to see where you went wrong...
    buy the 2yk bug hit in 2000, not 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzaTD5 View Post
    Its a land Rover Defender... you need a real mechanic

  5. #3905
    Homestar's Avatar
    Homestar is offline Super Moderator & CA manager Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sunbury, VIC
    Posts
    17,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevo View Post
    buy the 2yk bug hit in 2000, not 2001
    Computers are only as smart as the people programming them... Nothing to do with this either - that was to do with a 1 changing to a 2 - and the programmers not allowing for it, not the turn of the century or millennium which happened a year later.

    Need to try harder Grade D-


    1977 101 FC - 'Chucky'
    1986 Classic RR - 'Thing'
    1976 Series III Tray
    1997 Honda CBR1000F
    2003 L322 - Gone to a new home.

    'Love with your heart - use your head for everything else.' - CaptainDisillusion

  6. #3906
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gosnells
    Posts
    5,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevo View Post
    buy the 2yk bug hit in 2000, not 2001
    Wot bug ?

  7. #3907
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    22,799

    No words are adequate.
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  8. #3908
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Melbourn(ish)
    Posts
    25,757
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post

    No words are adequate.
    sure they are

    Nelson - YouTube
    Dave

    "In a Landrover the other vehicle is your crumple zone."

    For spelling call Rogets, for mechanicing call me.

    Fozzy, 2.25D SIII Ex DCA Ute
    TDI D1(parting/ed)
    Tdi autoManual d1 (Kept it for the girlfriend)
    Archaeopteryx 1990 6x6 dual cab(This things staying)


    If you've benefited from one or more of my posts please remember, your taxes paid for my skill sets, I'm just trying to make sure you get your monies worth.
    If you think you're in front on the deal, pay it forwards.

  9. #3909
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Рязанская облас&
    Posts
    1,663
    Seems appropriate with Covid :Балуйте детей, господа! Никто не знает, что их ожидает в будущем. В.Набоков

  10. #3910
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bellarine Peninsula, Brackistan
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    .......
    No words are adequate. ..........
    The guy could build it again if he had the inclination.
    DL

Page 391 of 400 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!