Page 485 of 486 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486 LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 4854

Thread: Interesting, Odd or Funny Pics II.

  1. #4841
    p38arover's Avatar
    p38arover is offline Major Part of the Heart and Soul of AULRO Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    28,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Tins View Post
    Spitfire find
    Did you notice the nose of a Canberra bomber in front of the house?
    Ron B.
    VK2OTC

    2004 L322 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Auto
    2007 Yamaha XJR1300
    Previous: 1983, 1986 RRC; 1995, 1996 P38A; 1995 Disco1; 1984 V8 County 110; Series IIA



    RIP Bucko - Riding on Forever

  2. #4842
    rick130's Avatar
    rick130 is offline Moderator Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    NSW far north coast
    Posts
    16,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitch View Post
    Hey, Pedro, want to come down to Lakeside for a day? Perhaps an AULRO caravan owners rally?
    There is Land Rover content, too.

    Interesting, Odd or Funny Pics II.Interesting, Odd or Funny Pics II.

  3. #4843
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane,some of the time.
    Posts
    10,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitch View Post
    Hey, Pedro, want to come down to Lakeside for a day? Perhaps an AULRO caravan owners rally?
    There is Land Rover content, too.

    There needs to be a test like that for todays caravan owners.
    I wonder how many would actually pass?
    Paul

    D2,D2,D2a,D4 all moved on.

    '09 Defender,(sons)sitting in the shed, appreciating in value

    '56 S1,been in the family since...'56
    Comes out of hibernation every few months for a run

  4. #4844
    Saitch's Avatar
    Saitch is online now ForumSage Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Armstrong Creek, Qld
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by scarry View Post
    There needs to be a test like that for todays caravan owners.
    I wonder how many would actually pass?
    My thoughts too. I wonder what Qld transport would think of you towing a van with a mini?
    He who takes offense when offense was not intended is a fool, yet he who takes offense when offense is intended is an even greater fool for he has succumbed to the will of his adversary...........Brigham Young


  5. #4845
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane,some of the time.
    Posts
    10,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitch View Post
    There is Land Rover content, too.
    Just over the 1 minute mark,i recon thats a Rover saloon,P4?

    The old man had one similar for quite a few years,a 75,and a couple of old 90's in the shed.

    Bloody heavy solid vehicles, had a wooden dash, with a clock in the middle, from my poor memory.

    Oh,and 4 on the tree.
    Paul

    D2,D2,D2a,D4 all moved on.

    '09 Defender,(sons)sitting in the shed, appreciating in value

    '56 S1,been in the family since...'56
    Comes out of hibernation every few months for a run

  6. #4846
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by scarry View Post
    Just over the 1 minute mark,i recon thats a Rover saloon,P4?

    The old man had one similar for quite a few years,a 75,and a couple of old 90's in the shed.

    Bloody heavy solid vehicles, had a wooden dash, with a clock in the middle, from my poor memory.

    Oh,and 4 on the tree.
    Yes, correct. Some nice old cars there that are no longer made, even a Humber Super Snipe! A couple of different model Jaguars. Mk.2 Zephyr, Vanguard and even a SWB Land Rover.

  7. #4847
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    9,202
    Quote Originally Posted by p38arover View Post
    Did you notice the nose of a Canberra bomber in front of the house?

    Thanks for pointing that out Ron. No I didn't, well I did see it, but didn't recognise it as such, never having seen a Canberra up close, but yes I can see the detail since you mention it.



    I wonder if the RAF back in '45 said, " Right listen up. You can grab all of your kit & **** off home". So he did. All of it.

    Interesting that it would have been released from service still with mounted Cannons (?) & I wonder if the machine guns are still fitted behind the red patches?

    Maybe he went back after dark & nicked it? I wonder if it was the first VSTOL Spittie?

  8. #4848
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gosnells
    Posts
    5,454

    Unusual viewpoint...

    There are some very odd people in this world...

    Insider's view...

    GoPro Inside a CAR TIRE (TIRE vs NAILS) - YouTube

  9. #4849
    p38arover's Avatar
    p38arover is offline Major Part of the Heart and Soul of AULRO Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    28,635
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bee View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out Ron. No I didn't, well I did see it, but didn't recognise it as such, never having seen a Canberra up close, but yes I can see the detail since you mention it.
    Here's a pic of a Canberra that I took a few years back:

    Canberra 1.JPG

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bee View Post
    Interesting that it would have been released from service still with mounted Canons (?)
    I don't think Canon supplied their cameras to the RAF for the Canberra.
    Ron B.
    VK2OTC

    2004 L322 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Auto
    2007 Yamaha XJR1300
    Previous: 1983, 1986 RRC; 1995, 1996 P38A; 1995 Disco1; 1984 V8 County 110; Series IIA



    RIP Bucko - Riding on Forever

  10. #4850
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    9,202
    Quote Originally Posted by p38arover View Post
    Here's a pic of a Canberra that I took a few years back:

    Canberra 1.JPG



    I don't think Canon supplied their cameras to the RAF for the Canberra.

    Thanks Ron, I can always rely on you to point out my "Intentional test" clangers.


    Unusual shot that, I hope you weren't in front of it with a very fast fillum & Camera.

Page 485 of 486 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!