Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 860

Thread: Grumpy old buggers thread

  1. #781
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane some of the time
    Posts
    9,404
    Quote Originally Posted by rick130 View Post
    Do you think the border blokes world notice the difference between a work ute and a Disco if it sports the correct A4 size pass taped to the windscreen? Grumpy old buggers threadGrumpy old buggers threadGrumpy old buggers thread
    No worries at all.We went through in the D4 late Sunday night after having been away for 'work',they just looked at the A pass and waved us through.The pass is for you,its not vehicle related.Everyone in the vehicle should have a pass,although only one is displayed.
    And its only as you enter Qld,not the other way.
    paul

    D4 MY12 white,2.7(with a few more killer wasps) rear air,e diff,xenons,arb bar,7 seat ,18" bfg KO2

    2009 Defender 110 (son's)ARB
    bar,snorkle,rocksliders,rack,KM3's,BAS chip

    '56 S1,been in the family since...'56

  2. #782
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    21,341
    Quote Originally Posted by rick130 View Post
    Do you think the border blokes world notice the difference between a work ute and a Disco if it sports the correct A4 size pass taped to the windscreen? Grumpy old buggers threadGrumpy old buggers threadGrumpy old buggers thread
    Not if you get the "enforcer" that I struck, while Woolies only let pensioners in between 7-8 am. I was asked for a pension card or driving licence. Showed him my licence, fortunately for me, maths is not a prerequisite for security.
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  3. #783
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    21,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitch View Post
    Just so you blokes can gloat! I hereby inform you that my planned itinerary for the evening has been altered somewhat by the powers invested in an 'Higher Authority' whom I must love and obey, apparently.
    Helen fancied the cheeky bottle?
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  4. #784
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    5,796
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    Not if you get the "enforcer" that I struck, while Woolies only let pensioners in between 7-8 am. I was asked for a pension card or driving licence. Showed him my licence, fortunately for me, maths is not a prerequisite for security.


    Or even simple Arithmetic. Duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh!

  5. #785
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    NSW far north coast
    Posts
    15,677
    Quote Originally Posted by scarry View Post
    No worries at all.We went through in the D4 late Sunday night after having been away for 'work',they just looked at the A pass and waved us through.The pass is for you,its not vehicle related.Everyone in the vehicle should have a pass,although only one is displayed.
    And its only as you enter Qld,not the other way.
    I know NSW will welcome me back with open arms Grumpy old buggers thread

  6. #786
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bellmere QLD
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    No need to dress.
    Too damn cold to go naked!!!! Would certainly need that fireplace and port.
    There is no eraser on the pencil of life.

    Now - 2008 D3 SE 4.0l V6
    Was - 2000 D2 TD5 with much fruit.

    Ray

  7. #787
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    5,796
    Quote Originally Posted by scarry View Post
    No worries at all.We went through in the D4 late Sunday night after having been away for 'work',they just looked at the A pass and waved us through.The pass is for you,its not vehicle related.Everyone in the vehicle should have a pass,although only one is displayed.
    And its only as you enter Qld,not the other way.

    Bloody hell, really? That leaves abuse wide open unless you have Test Kits &/or a Nurse or GP in the vehicle. I guess 4 or 5 A4 Passes struck on the windscreen would be somewhat of a Driving hazard.


  8. #788
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Inner East.
    Posts
    10,864
    Quote Originally Posted by rick130 View Post
    I know NSW will welcome me back with open arms Grumpy old buggers thread
    Outstanding warrants?
    URSUSMAJOR

  9. #789
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    22,911
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bee View Post
    Bloody hell, really? That leaves abuse wide open unless you have Test Kits &/or a Nurse or GP in the vehicle. I guess 4 or 5 A4 Passes struck on the windscreen would be somewhat of a Driving hazard.

    When we went through they had a pull off area with a dozen or so cops just down the road ready to deal with anyone the first cop at the approach considered dodgy.
    Dont forget they already have your details stored online from when you applied for the pass.
    You can't approach the border unless you already have the pass from online. There are signs warning people without passes to pull off into a waiting area.
    2009 Defender 110 2.4. ARB bulbar, Ironman winch, Safari snorkel, Steinbauer chip, AP HD clutch, Lightforce spots, larger tank, Off Road Systems drawer, Traxide 160 controller, Tekonsha brakes, Mulgo seat runners, Uniden UHF, Nuggetstuff seat corners, breathers, Polaris GPS.

  10. #790
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane some of the time
    Posts
    9,404
    Quote Originally Posted by rick130 View Post
    I know NSW will welcome me back with open arms Grumpy old buggers thread

    Someone has to keep the supermarket cabinets cold down that way.

    Its that bloody cold here i think they just need to keep the cabinet doors open and they will be fine

    So much for global warming

    paul

    D4 MY12 white,2.7(with a few more killer wasps) rear air,e diff,xenons,arb bar,7 seat ,18" bfg KO2

    2009 Defender 110 (son's)ARB
    bar,snorkle,rocksliders,rack,KM3's,BAS chip

    '56 S1,been in the family since...'56

Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!