Page 363 of 386 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 3855

Thread: Corona Virus

  1. #3621
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Geraldton WA
    Posts
    5,841
    Quote Originally Posted by vnx205 View Post
    The argument for opening borders is not so that people can take a holiday. It is so that businesses that depend on tourism won't go broke.
    If the tourists stayed in their own State for their holiday they could support their own tourist operators without spreading this virus interstate.
    You only get one shot at life, Aim well

    2004 D2 "S" V8 auto, with a few Mods
    2007 79 Series Landcruiser V8 Ute, With a few Mods.
    4.6m Quintrex boat
    5.4m Trailcraft Sportscab Boat
    20' Jayco Expanda caravan

    2012 Navara twincab GONE

  2. #3622
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Normanhurst - Sydney
    Posts
    7,628
    What's so special about a border?
    It's not crossing a line on a map that has the potential to spread this virus it's coming into contact with someone who has it and the more we travel, whether within our home state or across borders, the more vulnerable we become.

    Looking forward to when we can do some more remote area travelling.
    Roger



    "Experience is something you don't get unless you have a go."

  3. #3623
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane some of the time
    Posts
    9,418
    Quote Originally Posted by trout1105 View Post
    If the tourists stayed in their own State for their holiday they could support their own tourist operators without spreading this virus interstate.
    Not really,seasonal movements of tourists are what drives tourism in many areas,of the country.

    Particularly movements from the colder states this time of the year to the northern parts of the country.

    Tassy locals are not going to holiday in Tassie this time of the year,as an example.But they are happy to go north,if they can.

    Qld locals will not holiday on the gold coast this time of year, either,but southerners will flock to the place.
    paul

    D4 MY12 white,2.7(with a few more killer wasps) rear air,e diff,xenons,arb bar,7 seat ,18" bfg KO2

    2009 Defender 110 (son's)ARB
    bar,snorkle,rocksliders,rack,KM3's,BAS chip

    '56 S1,been in the family since...'56

  4. #3624
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    22,953
    Amazes me that only now is the UK introducing an international visitor quarantine, after 36,000 people have died. Talk about waiting until after the horse has bolted!
    2009 Defender 110 2.4. ARB bulbar, Ironman winch, Safari snorkel, Steinbauer chip, AP HD clutch, Lightforce spots, larger tank, Off Road Systems drawer, Traxide 160 controller, Tekonsha brakes, Mulgo seat runners, Uniden UHF, Nuggetstuff seat corners, breathers, Polaris GPS.

  5. #3625
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW Tassie
    Posts
    1,837
    Quote Originally Posted by scarry View Post
    Not really,seasonal movements of tourists are what drives tourism in many areas,of the country.

    Particularly movements from the colder states this time of the year to the northern parts of the country.

    Tassy locals are not going to holiday in Tassie this time of the year,as an example.But they are happy to go north,if they can.

    Qld locals will not holiday on the gold coast this time of year, either,but southerners will flock to the place.
    From Tassie
    I am quite happy to hpliday at home, I shoud be in NSW about now but am stuck in queenstown paintun a house.
    Whem yhays fimished, U will holiday in tassie
    cheers
    blaze

  6. #3626
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    21,388
    Quote Originally Posted by vnx205 View Post
    The argument for opening borders is not so that people can take a holiday. It is so that businesses that depend on tourism won't go broke.
    A more cynical view could be that said businesses continue to make money, regardless of the risk to the population.
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  7. #3627
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hobart
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by scarry View Post
    Tassy locals are not going to holiday in Tassie this time of the year,as an example.But they are happy to go north,if they can.
    Hi,
    We have been winter camping for years. The camp sites are not always empty, but the chances of having a spot all alone is much better.
    Cheers

  8. #3628
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    brighton, brisbane
    Posts
    26,722
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    A more cynical view could be that said businesses continue to make money, regardless of the risk to the population.
    An even more cynical view is that this is all a political exercise with an eye on the future election. Businesses know the chances of the border opening are next to nothing in the present climate, it feels like , [dare I say it] a conspiracy. Haven't have one of them for a while.
    halfbacks were invented to stop prop forwards taking over the world.

    Ladies, if a man says he will fix it, he will. There is no need to remind him every 6 months about it.

  9. #3629
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    5,837
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    A more cynical view could be that said businesses continue to make money, regardless of the risk to the population.


    Cynical? Vous?

  10. #3630
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    brighton, brisbane
    Posts
    26,722
    halfbacks were invented to stop prop forwards taking over the world.

    Ladies, if a man says he will fix it, he will. There is no need to remind him every 6 months about it.

Page 363 of 386 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!