Page 488 of 488 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488
Results 4,871 to 4,877 of 4877

Thread: Corona Virus

  1. #4871
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by bob10 View Post
    Yes, one thing you southerners seem to be missing. Honest Anna was voted in by Queenslanders, not Any one south of the border. Anna took the advice of the longest serving senior medical officer in any State, and it worked for us. You mob just play politics, which plays with people's lives. Anna doesn't need to appear tough to us, she is tough. And she very politely doesn't put up with people who put **** on Queensland. And nor do we. So you mob pull your bloody heads in. And sort your own **** out.

    Just when I thought this thread was going on at a Respectable pace someone always has to get nasty & petty.

    How can there be hope?

  2. #4872
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Geraldton WA
    Posts
    5,998
    Quote Originally Posted by bob10 View Post
    The Captain is only as good as his crew.
    Also a bad craftsman will always blame his tools.
    Andrews has made a real "Fist" of it with controlling this virus, Time for him to retire and maybe his Chinese bosses will look after him.
    You only get one shot at life, Aim well

    2004 D2 "S" V8 auto, with a few Mods
    2007 79 Series Landcruiser V8 Ute, With a few Mods.
    4.6m Quintrex boat
    5.4m Trailcraft Sportscab Boat
    20' Jayco Expanda caravan

    2012 Navara twincab GONE

  3. #4873
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The new Gold Coast, after ocean rises,Queensland
    Posts
    10,551
    re: aid to the civil power...

    having been personally involved in a real aid to the civil power situation , I can tell you that members of the ADF can and are given the powers of arrest.

    I have been involved in 2 situations , one being a heads of government conference , where we had full powers of search and arrest ,and another being a threat to the Queens Colours where we formed a vanguard and fixed bayonets with intent to use upon command.

    These situations both presented a very real threat. I don't believe there is any threat from the public in this covid instance and the ADF members will have been seriously briefed in their roles. Very much akin to flood and fire assistance.

  4. #4874
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    23,388
    I'd be surprised if they are even armed. Why would they be? The other states and territories have been doing border controls for three months without needing weapons. I don't see why controlling Albury-Wodonga across a river would be harder than doing Coolangatta-Tweed Heads across a street.

    Hundreds of Victorian travellers refused entry to Queensland
    Queensland police turn away hundreds of Victorian travellers under new border controls - ABC News
    2009 Defender 110 2.4. ARB bulbar, Ironman winch, Safari snorkel, Steinbauer chip, AP HD clutch, Lightforce spots, larger tank, Off Road Systems drawer, Traxide 160 controller, Tekonsha brakes, Mulgo seat runners, Uniden UHF, Nuggetstuff seat corners, breathers, Polaris GPS.

  5. #4875
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMick View Post
    I'd be surprised if they are even armed. Why would they be? The other states and territories have been doing border controls for three months without needing weapons. I don't see why controlling Albury-Wodonga across a river would be harder than doing Coolangatta-Tweed Heads across a street.

    Hundreds of Victorian travellers refused entry to Queensland
    Queensland police turn away hundreds of Victorian travellers under new border controls - ABC News

    Most Cops these days seem to be armed to do the shootin' if required.. ADF firing on an Australian Citizen would not go down too well & may even be illegal even now, but a cop plugging a civvy, well, old hat to them, especially if they have a bucket of whitewash with them.

  6. #4876
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    16,287
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblingboy42 View Post
    re: aid to the civil power...

    having been personally involved in a real aid to the civil power situation , I can tell you that members of the ADF can and are given the powers of arrest.
    Yes only when Aid to Civil Power has been activated (a formal process) and it hasn't for this.

  7. #4877
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    23,388
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bee View Post
    Most Cops these days seem to be armed to do the shootin' if required.. ADF firing on an Australian Citizen would not go down too well & may even be illegal even now, but a cop plugging a civvy, well, old hat to them, especially if they have a bucket of whitewash with them.
    Yes, sorry, I meant the ADF, not the cops. Should have made that clearer.
    2009 Defender 110 2.4. ARB bulbar, Ironman winch, Safari snorkel, Steinbauer chip, AP HD clutch, Lightforce spots, larger tank, Off Road Systems drawer, Traxide 160 controller, Tekonsha brakes, Mulgo seat runners, Uniden UHF, Nuggetstuff seat corners, breathers, Polaris GPS.

Page 488 of 488 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!