Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Complimentary Wheel Chairs at Bunnings

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    5,075
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyDiver View Post
    Cool Mario. I did it today at Westfields. Huge smile on my dial while I chuffed along at up to 3kph


    3kph?? (OMFG!) You want to watch out for all those olde blokes having a chat around the Plumbing Section, they can't move any quicker than that Divs.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Swansea, NSW
    Posts
    750
    The unofficial Bunnings mantra, "Real men do it in one trip".

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mt Barker SA
    Posts
    866
    the complimentary wheelchairs are good well, that they are there. They are stupid though that at the shopping centre for example, they do not allow them in the carpark to collect the person that needs one who cant walk LOL. You can hire them at Royal Shows and things too, but for the mobility scooters, its quite a large deposit and fee.
    I have my own, it can go 17kmph! I do not drive it that fast unless on private property LOL (footpath speedlimit 10km) It is amazing what one can fit on a wheelchair too!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    5,075
    17kphr!

    Blimey! No way is a speed camera is going to catch you out then?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mt Barker SA
    Posts
    866
    Can out run any scary people Complimentary Wheel Chairs at Bunnings
    I definitely don't do that on footpaths as police would pull me over haha. It's actually a tad scary that fast on one. This is my scooter 'The Enterprise'
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bee View Post
    17kphr!

    Blimey! No way is a speed camera is going to catch you out then?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Inner East.
    Posts
    10,657
    A few years ago our local traffic division was operating a booze bus on Old Cleveland Rd to catch the late night teams from Stones Corner pub and Easts Leagues Club. For a lark one young copper suggested they bag the old guy on a trike on the footpath. Bad decision. Grandpa blew 0.32. So they had on their hands a heavily intoxicated frail aged citizen and his scooter and no facilities for either. Tried to hand him off to City Watchhouse who took the attitude "you **** the bed now you have to lay in it". Next offered him to PA Hospital who take sick people not old drunks. Grandpa got parked at a reluctant Coorparoo police station until he sobered up enough to be driven home and his scooter delivered next day. I gather that Inspector and Senior Sergeant were not impressed and the booze bus crew got tongue lashing and had their cards marked. I wonder if any got shifted to delightful rural outposts like Urandangie or Thargomindah.
    URSUSMAJOR

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    20,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbjorn View Post
    A few years ago our local traffic division was operating a booze bus on Old Cleveland Rd to catch the late night teams from Stones Corner pub and Easts Leagues Club. For a lark one young copper suggested they bag the old guy on a trike on the footpath. Bad decision. Grandpa blew 0.32. So they had on their hands a heavily intoxicated frail aged citizen and his scooter and no facilities for either. Tried to hand him off to City Watchhouse who took the attitude "you **** the bed now you have to lay in it". Next offered him to PA Hospital who take sick people not old drunks. Grandpa got parked at a reluctant Coorparoo police station until he sobered up enough to be driven home and his scooter delivered next day. I gather that Inspector and Senior Sergeant were not impressed and the booze bus crew got tongue lashing and had their cards marked. I wonder if any got shifted to delightful rural outposts like Urandangie or Thargomindah.
    Charleville, before promotion?
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Inner East.
    Posts
    10,657
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    Charleville, before promotion?
    Oohh, nasty. Poor Terry.
    URSUSMAJOR

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tecoma Vic
    Posts
    8,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic_Dragon View Post
    Can out run any scary people Complimentary Wheel Chairs at Bunnings
    I definitely don't do that on footpaths as police would pull me over haha. It's actually a tad scary that fast on one. This is my scooter 'The Enterprise'

    seems there are a variety of scooters
    scoot.jpg
    terrain.jpg
    offraod.jpg
    family.jpg
    rainrider-mobility-scooter1.jpg
    unnamed.jpg

    "Mail Order Specialists for Land Rover Vehicle Spare Parts"
    www.roverlord.com.au
    Email: sales@roverlord.com.au

    2003 L322 HSE TD6 - Zambesi Silver
    Ex 2000 Discovery 2 ES V8 - Icelandic Blue (Sold 1/09/2017)
    Ex 1996 Discovery 1 V8 5 Speed- Willow Green

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mt Barker SA
    Posts
    866
    There sure is roverlord, lots and they are all different in torque, range, speed and where they can go Complimentary Wheel Chairs at Bunnings

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!