Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Complimentary Wheel Chairs at Bunnings

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tecoma Vic
    Posts
    8,303

    Complimentary Wheel Chairs at Bunnings

    Heather took me to Bunnings today and as I staggered into the entry with my walking stick and Heather supporting me by holding my other arm. The greeter asked if I would like a wheel chair? I didn't know they had this service so gladly accepted. They even have baskets that hook onto the chairs Heather pushed mew around the store and we were in an out in minutes, where it would have ben a marathon otherwise. It was great to get out of the house for once. I am waiting for my own Electric chair still.
    cheers Mario

    "Mail Order Specialists for Land Rover Vehicle Spare Parts"
    www.roverlord.com.au
    Email: sales@roverlord.com.au

    2003 L322 HSE TD6 - Zambesi Silver
    Ex 2000 Discovery 2 ES V8 - Icelandic Blue (Sold 1/09/2017)
    Ex 1996 Discovery 1 V8 5 Speed- Willow Green

  2. #2
    p38arover's Avatar
    p38arover is offline Major Part of the Heart and Soul of AULRO Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    27,756
    Our local Westfield shopping mall has mobility scooters that one can book. Just see the concierge.
    Ron B.
    VK2OTC

    2004 L322 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Auto
    2007 Yamaha XJR1300
    Previous: 1983, 1986 RRC; 1995, 1996 P38A; 1995 Disco1; 1984 V8 County 110; Series IIA



    RIP Bucko - Riding on Forever

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    5,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverlord off road spares View Post
    Heather took me to Bunnings today and as I staggered into the entry with my walking stick and Heather supporting me by holding my other arm. The greeter asked if I would like a wheel chair? I didn't know they had this service so gladly accepted. They even have baskets that hook onto the chairs Heather pushed mew around the store and we were in an out in minutes, where it would have ben a marathon otherwise. It was great to get out of the house for once. I am waiting for my own Electric chair still.
    cheers Mario
    It would have been a bit difficult handling the 2 x 3m lengths of PVC down pipe & the lengths of fouby two wouldn't it?

    Maybe the have a ladder rack for that stuff.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tecoma Vic
    Posts
    8,303
    Quote Originally Posted by p38arover View Post
    Our local Westfield shopping mall has mobility scooters that one can book. Just see the concierge.
    Knox city has them also its a Westfield, still got to get from the caroark to the concierge which is half way in the centre. Unless they deliver to your car.

    "Mail Order Specialists for Land Rover Vehicle Spare Parts"
    www.roverlord.com.au
    Email: sales@roverlord.com.au

    2003 L322 HSE TD6 - Zambesi Silver
    Ex 2000 Discovery 2 ES V8 - Icelandic Blue (Sold 1/09/2017)
    Ex 1996 Discovery 1 V8 5 Speed- Willow Green

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    20,566
    Westfield at Strathpine has offered the use of electric scooters, for over 20 years. They only have limited numbers so booking is a must.
    I knew a very large, very lazy, able bodied teenage female who had a big dummy spit when she couldn't get one.
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Knaresborough North Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    991
    Not sure the local rules however in UK you do not have to be disabled to use on only be able to control it. You see plenty of able bodied people on them

    Worked on the south coast of England for a while and there were always hit and run stories headlining the local paper. Took me a while to realise it was pensioners on mobility scooters running down pedestrians not cars. For context the average age of people on the south coast of England below London is going to be about 70 if everyone’s grand kids are visiting at the same time

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    5,090
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    Westfield at Strathpine has offered the use of electric scooters, for over 20 years. They only have limited numbers so booking is a must.
    I knew a very large, very lazy, able bodied teenage female who had a big dummy spit when she couldn't get one.
    Ian, here is a thought for the day. Why not rock up at a Bunnings or Sim with your HGV & collect a few hundred, tie them on to the tray & do the rounds of the Aisles (if you get my drift). I realise it may play merry hell with the displays & Stock but just a chance it could be a winner if they re-organise their layout.

    You once said you cart "anything & everything" so here is a great moneymaking idea FOC.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Inner East.
    Posts
    10,658
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bee View Post
    It would have been a bit difficult handling the 2 x 3m lengths of PVC down pipe & the lengths of fouby two wouldn't it?

    Maybe the have a ladder rack for that stuff.
    Need a tray for the bales of sugar cane mulch
    URSUSMAJOR

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    5,090
    Shirley a 6'x4' trailer would be the go?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverlord off road spares View Post
    Heather took me to Bunnings today and as I staggered into the entry with my walking stick and Heather supporting me by holding my other arm. The greeter asked if I would like a wheel chair? I didn't know they had this service so gladly accepted. They even have baskets that hook onto the chairs Heather pushed mew around the store and we were in an out in minutes, where it would have ben a marathon otherwise. It was great to get out of the house for once. I am waiting for my own Electric chair still.
    cheers Mario
    Cool Mario. I did it today at Westfields. Huge smile on my dial while I chuffed along at up to 3kph

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!