Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 201

Thread: Bloody Telstra

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Doomadgee FNWQ
    Posts
    1,895
    I have to admit, in general, I/we have had reasonably good experience with Telstra.
    With our location we don't have a choice but generally it's OK.
    On the few occasions the Roadhouse landlines have gone out they have diverted all calls to my mobile & waived all charges on my mobile for the period.
    When we first got the NBN in Ravenshoe it was quick & it worked well, we did unplug the phone from the NBN due to sales/scam calls but the internet bit was great.
    We recently got our NBN transferred from Ravenshoe to Cloncurry & there was some sort of Tec issue that held this up for months so Telstra made SWMBO phone unlimited data so we could use it as a Hot Spot until the issue was fixed (NBN I believe).
    We now have NBN at Cloncurry with a modem that throws the Wi-Fi right through the house so now I have 3 extenders in a draw.
    There have, over the years, been a few issues, Doomadgee's mobile tower is to far from town, mobiles don't work well in metal buildings with heaps of insulation & data cables in every wall & for some reason our daughter can't phone SWMBO's phone but SWMBO can phone her?

    But I have found Telstra OK & have only got really cranky at them once or twice.
    Jonesfam
    D2a with a whole lot of stuff that came with/on it.
    Including the 3 Amigos!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesfam View Post
    I have to admit, in general, I/we have had reasonably good experience with Telstra.
    With our location we don't have a choice but generally it's OK.
    On the few occasions the Roadhouse landlines have gone out they have diverted all calls to my mobile & waived all charges on my mobile for the period.
    When we first got the NBN in Ravenshoe it was quick & it worked well, we did unplug the phone from the NBN due to sales/scam calls but the internet bit was great.
    We recently got our NBN transferred from Ravenshoe to Cloncurry & there was some sort of Tec issue that held this up for months so Telstra made SWMBO phone unlimited data so we could use it as a Hot Spot until the issue was fixed (NBN I believe).
    We now have NBN at Cloncurry with a modem that throws the Wi-Fi right through the house so now I have 3 extenders in a draw.
    There have, over the years, been a few issues, Doomadgee's mobile tower is to far from town, mobiles don't work well in metal buildings with heaps of insulation & data cables in every wall & for some reason our daughter can't phone SWMBO's phone but SWMBO can phone her?

    But I have found Telstra OK & have only got really cranky at them once or twice.
    Jonesfam
    Same experience.....Iíve been with Telstra forever, one slight hiccup when we changed to NBN last month with our email account being suspended for a few days.

    All the new hardware arrived the day before the tech....tech arrived and switched it all over.l, kids reckon the internet speed has improved.

    Only thing Iím struggling with is remembering how to connect the solar inverter over to the new modem/wi-fi (note not a Telstra issue)

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane,some of the time.
    Posts
    10,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverlord off road spares View Post
    The NBN arrived in my Elderly mum's area, and apparently she had to get the NBN conneted to use her phone line. They came and installed the line and later gave her a modem and some sort of wifi phone to use with it. It worked for a day or so, and then stopped working. She rings Telstra, wits ofr ages then gets hung up on, when she does get thru its the phillipines calll centre she cant understand the operator. They send a tech around , but that takes days. then the come and cant find a fault in the equipment, but get t working and leave, Then the same thing happens time and time again, the issue is new satisfactorily resolved. I cant phone her, she cant ring out. she tried a mobile and cant ring any one.
    I tried to ring Telstra, but they have a message saying they are flat out blaming the Corona Virus and delays are expected to answer, even though not much I could do as i am not the account holder, she cant do it as she cant phone them.
    bloody ridiculous that she is paying for a service she cant use, oh and when she first complained they sent her a warning letter to make sure she pays her bills as she is obligated to and not withhold payment in the event of a dispute as they will recover money owed. She has always paid her bill on time.
    I was going ot complain to the comm ombudsman ,but I cant do it as I am not the account holder.
    That is almost exactly what happened with my mother.
    They also disconnected her second phone she had next to her bed.

    One of my brothers was handling the issue,he spent over 25 hrs on the phone trying to sort it.
    Our mother gave up after the first Phillipines call.She is 85.

    After 6 weeks of trying to sort it,the ombudsman was contacted,they(Telstra) had it all sorted in two days.
    This was months ago,and its been all good since,both phones,and the internet working fine.

    When we changed our office over to NBN,around a year ago,we had issue after issue,after around 5 weeks it was eventually sorted.

    Roverlord,if you are with your mother,i think you can call the ombudsman.They may ask you to get her to identify herself,then you can probably help with the complaint.I don't know how my brother did it.

    I do know my brother used to tell them our mother is elderly and has a lot of difficulty on the telephone as she is almost deaf,so he could do the talking.
    Paul

    D2,D2,D2a,D4 all moved on.

    '09 Defender,(sons)sitting in the shed, appreciating in value

    '56 S1,been in the family since...'56
    Comes out of hibernation every few months for a run

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tecoma Vic
    Posts
    8,855
    Quote Originally Posted by scarry View Post
    That is almost exactly what happened with my mother.
    They also disconnected her second phone she had next to her bed.

    One of my brothers was handling the issue,he spent over 25 hrs on the phone trying to sort it.
    Our mother gave up after the first Phillipines call.She is 85.

    After 6 weeks of trying to sort it,the ombudsman was contacted,they(Telstra) had it all sorted in two days.
    This was months ago,and its been all good since,both phones,and the internet working fine.

    When we changed our office over to NBN,around a year ago,we had issue after issue,after around 5 weeks it was eventually sorted.

    Roverlord,if you are with your mother,i think you can call the ombudsman.They may ask you to get her to identify herself,then you can probably help with the complaint.I don't know how my brother did it.

    I do know my brother used to tell them our mother is elderly and has a lot of difficulty on the telephone as she is almost deaf,so he could do the talking.
    Scarry I am too unwell to go to see and be with her .I am under direction from Doctors to self quarantine and not go out due to this outbreak,


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hookturnistan, currently
    Posts
    8,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverlord off road spares View Post
    I was going ot complain to the comm ombudsman ,but I cant do it as I am not the account holder.
    yes you can...., well I did for my sister. I said I had registered a fault with T, which I had, as i could not contact her, I said T had not been helpful and the TIO contacted T, I got through to the higher level of support, the issue got sorted ( definitely NOT overnight though ) and my sister got nearly $3000 credit through T's Customer Service Guarantee. That last was because she was having probs for nearly 3 months.

    The point is, the TIO can act for someone who is not the subscriber. Well, they could then.
    ​JayTee

    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. Sir Terry Pratchett

    2000 D2 TD5 Auto: Tins
    1994 D1 300TDi Manual: Dave
    1980 SIII Petrol Tray: Doris

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    24,588
    From our experience, the phone companies don't fix anything. The only way to get a fault fixed is to get the phone company to refer the fault to NBN. Then wait for NBN to respond.
    A complaint to your local federal MP may also stir the pot - maybe, if they are any good.
    2009 Defender 110 2.4. ARB bulbar, Ironman winch, Safari snorkel, Steinbauer chip, AP HD clutch, Lightforce spots, larger tank, Off Road Systems drawer, Traxide 160 controller, Tekonsha brakes, Mulgo seat runners, Uniden UHF, Nuggetstuff seat corners, breathers, Polaris GPS.

  7. #17
    mick88's Avatar
    mick88 is online now Lord Jock Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Irymple, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverlord off road spares View Post
    The NBN arrived in my Elderly mum's area, and apparently she had to get the NBN conneted to use her phone line. They came and installed the line and later gave her a modem and some sort of wifi phone to use with it. It worked for a day or so, and then stopped working. She rings Telstra, wits ofr ages then gets hung up on, when she does get thru its the phillipines calll centre she cant understand the operator. They send a tech around , but that takes days. then the come and cant find a fault in the equipment, but get t working and leave, Then the same thing happens time and time again, the issue is new satisfactorily resolved. I cant phone her, she cant ring out. she tried a mobile and cant ring any one.
    I tried to ring Telstra, but they have a message saying they are flat out blaming the Corona Virus and delays are expected to answer, even though not much I could do as i am not the account holder, she cant do it as she cant phone them.
    bloody ridiculous that she is paying for a service she cant use, oh and when she first complained they sent her a warning letter to make sure she pays her bills as she is obligated to and not withhold payment in the event of a dispute as they will recover money owed. She has always paid her bill on time.
    I was going ot complain to the comm ombudsman ,but I cant do it as I am not the account holder.

    I went through the same issue with them connecting my 90 year old mum's landline to the NBN network.
    Days without an operational telephone didn't make her happy to say the least. She is normally a very placid well mannered lady, but she was ready to pull someones head off. I had been telling her for ages to get rid of the expensive landline and go for a mobile phone, so finally she did. I was listed with Telstra as a second person on her account so that i could call them to discuss any billing issues etc, so i called them to cancel her account.....they asked why and i told them...they suggested that a Tech go around to have another attempt at fixing the problem. I said if anyone from Telstra knocks on her door she will probably pull their head off.....consequently the phone was immediately disconnected.
    Mum now has a mobile, purchased outright, and on an unlimited plan, calls and texts to anywhere in Australia for $10 per month, with "Belong".
    It's brilliant.

    Cheers, Mick.
    1974 S3 88 Holden 186.
    1971 S2A 88
    1971 S2A 109 6 cyl. tray back.
    1964 S2A 88 "Starfire Four" engine!
    1972 S3 88 x 2
    1959 S2 88 ARN 111-014
    1959 S2 88 ARN 111-556
    1988 Perentie 110 FFR ARN 48-728 steering now KLR PAS!
    REMLR 88
    1969 BSA Bantam B175

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    East Kurrajong, NSW
    Posts
    1,292
    There will be no trouble understanding the Telstra Manila call Centres for a while as they are all closed. The whole of Luzon is under lockdown.

    Not sure where they will be routing calls to now... India likely to shut down large areas very soon to..
    Cheers
    Travelrover

    Adventure before Dementia

    2012 Puma 90 - Black
    1999 Td5 110 Ute - White
    1996 Tdi 300 Wagon - White (the project)
    1977 Series III 88" Petrol (the other project)

    VKS-737 - Mobile 0972

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    24,588
    I don't mind the American accents of the Filipinos in Manilla, but the Indian accents can be more difficult.
    2009 Defender 110 2.4. ARB bulbar, Ironman winch, Safari snorkel, Steinbauer chip, AP HD clutch, Lightforce spots, larger tank, Off Road Systems drawer, Traxide 160 controller, Tekonsha brakes, Mulgo seat runners, Uniden UHF, Nuggetstuff seat corners, breathers, Polaris GPS.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tecoma Vic
    Posts
    8,855
    2 telstra techs arrived today, 2 hours later all seems fixed, it was a faulty modem and then a faulty phone also. It is so much better talking to an Australain represetartive and they were very helpful and kept me in the loop.


Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!