Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75

Thread: V8Ian, and others.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dandenong Ranges.
    Posts
    7,034
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    Let's not get carried away here fellows. It's just a bit of time and basic bookkeeping.
    A basic tenent of community is helping one another, 99% of the population gladly does so.
    Most do so without fuss and bother. My small effort was unachievable without publicity and much help from others who who don't receive the same the same accolades that being offered to me.
    I'm not getting carried away. I was on the receiving end of the generosity of this forum when I was in a very dark place. You and I, Ian, did the Kenley thing, and we did a good thing. I never expected that something a little similar could come to me when Jan died, but it could, and it did, because you chose it to happen. Now there's a girl in trouble, who you may or may not have met, who now has a new lease on life, because you chose it to happen. Don't sell yourself short. I'm happy to claim my little part in the Kenley thing if asked. Maybe that's where it started, but it wasn't me that organised the prizes. It wasn't me that organised the bank accounts, it wasn't me that got Dave onside.


    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    Compare it to motor sport, almost everyone can name an F1 or Aussie Tin Top driver, but who ever gives a thought to the flag and fire marshals, the medics, time keepers, Clerk of Course, pit crew or most importantly the spectators.
    Be proud of what we have achieved, but let's not make too much fuss just because my name was front and centre.
    Thank-you.
    Indeed. That can be the case. But I see you more as the Michael Brawn of F1, rather than the Bernie Ecclestone. Brawn was, and still is, a TEAM player. But all teams need direction. I reckon EpicDragon would agree that you provided it. But you still drive a stupid truck.
    ​JayTee

    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. Sir Terry Pratchett

    2000 D2 TD5 Auto: Tins
    1994 D1 300TDi Manual: Dave
    1980 SIII Petrol Tray: Doris

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dandenong Ranges.
    Posts
    7,034
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesfam View Post
    Despite the fact Ian drives a truck, has a beard & is 23 & 1/2 foot tall he is a very nice bloke.
    House trained & everything.
    On my 2 trips to Brisbane over the past few years he has been helpful in the extreme!
    More power to him.
    Jonesfam
    Nobody who lives in Ipswich can be all of those things. I simply won't believe it....

    Actually, Ipswich was my main shopping place when I lived in Somerset Dam. Bloody Ian was probably there then, organising the traffic... -

    Truth is, much as he'd deny it, and given the fact that I've never actually met him, and given we've crossed swords since he has become a Super Moderator, I actually really like V8Ian. Hey, I'm not perfect. Neither is he. But he does good work.
    ​JayTee

    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. Sir Terry Pratchett

    2000 D2 TD5 Auto: Tins
    1994 D1 300TDi Manual: Dave
    1980 SIII Petrol Tray: Doris

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    6,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Tins View Post
    Nobody who lives in Ipswich can be all of those things. I simply won't believe it....

    Actually, Ipswich was my main shopping place when I lived in Somerset Dam. Bloody Ian was probably there then, organising the traffic... -

    Truth is, much as he'd deny it, and given the fact that I've never actually met him, and given we've crossed swords since he has become a Super Moderator, I actually really like V8Ian. Hey, I'm not perfect. Neither is he. But he does good work.
    I dont know Ian well, but I suspect he might be a little embarrassed by this thread. One of life's true gentlemen.
    But he deserves all the accolades.
    Cheers

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Armstrong Creek, Qld
    Posts
    4,194
    Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    One of life's true gentlemen.

    Cheers
    Until you get between Ian and the cream and jam doughnuts in a bakery.

    Slavera.jpg
    If I can't remember, then it never happened!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Northern Territory
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitch View Post
    Until you get between Ian and the cream and jam doughnuts in a bakery.

    Slavera.jpg
    Or his beloved Bundy rum

    Bulletman

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    21,321
    Enough waffle! But there are some statements that require clarification and rectification.
    Wrong truck? Really, as if!
    Western Star is to the transport industry what Land Rover is to the off road pastime or Rolls Royce is to upmarket motoring.
    When the bitumen runs out and the job get tough, swinging three or four trailers across the top, where do the astute operators look to for motive power? Not Europe, not Japan, yes, Western Star and Kenworth.
    Ask Bulletman or Jonesfam what prevails in their neck of the woods.
    I'm not knocking Scania, they have their place, on the easy runs up and down the bitumen Hume and Newell Highways alongside the Hinos and Isuzus.
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    22,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Tins View Post
    Nobody who lives in Ipswich can be all of those things. I simply won't believe it....

    Actually, Ipswich was my main shopping place when I lived in Somerset Dam. Bloody Ian was probably there then, organising the traffic... -

    Truth is, much as he'd deny it, and given the fact that I've never actually met him, and given we've crossed swords since he has become a Super Moderator, I actually really like V8Ian. Hey, I'm not perfect. Neither is he. But he does good work.
    Did you really live in the dam? Be a bit soggy, wouldn't it?
    2009 Defender 110 2.4. ARB bulbar, Ironman winch, Safari snorkel, Steinbauer chip, AP HD clutch, Lightforce spots, larger tank, Off Road Systems drawer, Traxide 160 controller, Tekonsha brakes, Mulgo seat runners, Uniden UHF, Nuggetstuff seat corners, breathers, Polaris GPS.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Northern Territory
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    Enough waffle! But there are some statements that require clarification and rectification.
    Wrong truck? Really, as if!
    Western Star is to the transport industry what Land Rover is to the off road pastime or Rolls Royce is to upmarket motoring.
    When the bitumen runs out and the job get tough, swinging three or four trailers across the top, where do the astute operators look to for motive power? Not Europe, not Japan, yes, Western Star and Kenworth.
    Ask Bulletman or Jonesfam what prevails in their neck of the woods.
    I'm not knocking Scania, they have their place, on the easy runs up and down the bitumen Hume and Newell Highways alongside the Hinos and Isuzus.
    Yes Ian , We all wish we could enjoy the comforts of this on those loooonnnggg trips iphone pics 079.jpgiphone pics 080.jpg

    Bulletman

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kingston, Tassie, OZ.
    Posts
    13,611
    V8 Ian, and all others involved in organising past, present and future raffles, benevolent events or whatever comes along that benefits others, and makes life easier for somebody much worse off in some ways than the rest of us, a little sentence from the amazing Fred Hollows,
    " Always try to leave the world a better place"

    Totally something ALL should strive to live by.

    Well done everyone 😊😊😊
    The Isuzu 110. Solid and as dependable as a rock, coming soon with auto box😊
    The Range Rover L322 4.4.TTDV8 ....probably won't bother with the remap..😈

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mt Barker SA
    Posts
    1,033
    I am sad for your truck Ian that no one likes it LOL, I will send it some love as I love trucks, all of them haha

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!