Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hey Ian. Watch out around the next bend...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    6,524

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,306

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyDiver View Post
    Do you know what year or approximately for the crash? I picked up a few sadly wet ones. I just might have details.

    They are beautiful aircraft. Get out to see it if you can all. Lucky buggers

    Don't worry I wish I could. Sadly no, but give me some names I might recognise his, but at a reasonable guess it would have been in the seventies in the Eastern States.. I assume he was a South Australian but not certain as he could have come from anywhere on enlistment, I also have a vague feeling the RAAF lot went to NZ although they did (from memory) take our A4G ex RAN. Dunno where the Grumman Trackers went, what was left of them after the hangar fire. No doubt someone will put me right.

    Introduction of the A4 Skyhawk into the RAN Fleet Air Arm 1967/1968 | Naval Historical Society of Australia

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    21,809
    I saw that Des, it went past my joint.
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,306
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bee View Post
    Don't worry I wish I could. Sadly no, but give me some names I might recognise his, but at a reasonable guess it would have been in the seventies in the Eastern States.. I assume he was a South Australian but not certain as he could have come from anywhere on enlistment, I also have a vague feeling the RAAF lot went to NZ although they did (from memory) take our A4G ex RAN. Dunno where the Grumman Trackers went, what was left of them after the hangar fire. No doubt someone will put me right.

    Introduction of the A4 Skyhawk into the RAN Fleet Air Arm 1967/1968 | Naval Historical Society of Australia
    I did get a cool very fast lift in a Skyhawk A4. Wow Plus. you mentioned Mirages. A4 Skyhawks are or were NAVY. We sold them to our mates over the ditch If it was a Mirage you might like this book The RAAF Mirage Story by Wing Commander Susans

    This has some more ADF Serials - Mirage III as does this RAAF site which admits a few of the faults with them in a big country


    Saw all of them often and happily only a few in the water.

    F 1-11s are also a possibility for your Clients husband possibly. If you pm me a surname I think I could find details from a few insiders I may know still.

    Not meaning to be cruel but a mean pic I saw I think a little funny is added. RIP to the pilots not meaning to be disrespectful to those brave service people



    I am a diver Sorry

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    I saw that Des, it went past my joint.

    Fantastic! Did you get all orgasmic like wot I would have done?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    21,809
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bee View Post
    Fantastic! Did you get all orgasmic like wot I would have done?
    No mate, I'm over the RAAF. I can see the Amberley runway from here, I'm sure they use my house as a landmark, to U turn when practicing touch and go.
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    No mate, I'm over the RAAF. I can see the Amberley runway from here, I'm sure they use my house as a landmark, to U turn when practicing touch and go.

    So long as they don't pull Handbrake Turns on your roof.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!