Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: All the fun, No more babies

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Koojan WA (part time Perth)
    Posts
    443

    All the fun, No more babies



    I (the missus and me) have made the decision (well more the missus) for me to get the snip
    After looking into the cost ($600 if your in the wrong postcode, I used my Forrestfield address for reference and Medicare covered it, I wonder if I had a place in Peppermint Grove if it would be the same deal (or maybe they are trying to encourage us eastern suburbers to stop breeding)) and weighing up the pros and cons I went in late yesterday afternoon and had it done, so I am now taking it easy for a few days with sore nuts
    Iíve been applying ice packs as recommended but they still feel as if they are as big as oranges (even though they havenít)
    Apparently no swelling is a good result and the pain will demise

    Anybody else had it done got any advise of how to resolve the aching issues??

    Now I have to wait a day or so before I can use the complimentary stubbie holder and a week or so before I can use the old fella again All the fun, No more babiesAll the fun, No more babiesAll the fun, No more babies

    All the fun, No more babiesAll the fun, No more babies

    Gav
    1985 110 Dual Cab 4.6 R380 ARB Lockers (currently NIS due to roof kissing road)
    1985 110 Station Wagon 3.5 LT85 (unmolested blank canvas)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    22,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav 110 View Post


    I (the missus and me) have made the decision (well more the missus) for me to get the snip
    After looking into the cost ($600 if your in the wrong postcode, I used my Forrestfield address for reference and Medicare covered it, I wonder if I had a place in Peppermint Grove if it would be the same deal (or maybe they are trying to encourage us eastern suburbers to stop breeding)) and weighing up the pros and cons I went in late yesterday afternoon and had it done, so I am now taking it easy for a few days with sore nuts
    Iíve been applying ice packs as recommended but they still feel as if they are as big as oranges (even though they havenít)
    Apparently no swelling is a good result and the pain will demise

    Anybody else had it done got any advise of how to resolve the aching issues??

    Now I have to wait a day or so before I can use the complimentary stubbie holder and a week or so before I can use the old fella again All the fun, No more babiesAll the fun, No more babiesAll the fun, No more babies

    All the fun, No more babiesAll the fun, No more babies


    Gav
    Wow, that's a long time to hold on to a wee! The upside being, the bladder sensation should distract you front other discomfort you may otherwise encounter.
    Last edited by p38arover; 8th January 2021 at 07:57 AM.
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane,some of the time.
    Posts
    10,503
    Bag of frozen peas is the go, although theses days they have ice packs.

    I was out doing jobs the next day

    But gee that was many moons ago...
    Paul

    '99 D2 Gone
    '01 D2 Gone
    '04 D2a Gone
    '12 D4 Gone
    '09 Defender,(sons)sitting in the shed.

    '56 S1,been in the family since...'56
    Comes out of hibernation every few months for a run

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    919
    24hrs maybe a bit longer i and was good to go, plenty of ice packs early on is the go.

    I told the bride that the doc said we needed to do it every night for 30days straight before a sample can be tested.......

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Koojan WA (part time Perth)
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by W&KO View Post
    24hrs maybe a bit longer i and was good to go, plenty of ice packs early on is the go.

    I told the bride that the doc said we needed to do it every night for 30days straight before a sample can be tested.......
    Iíve moved from the cold pack to frozen peas as it gives me a snack whilst watching the cricket All the fun, No more babies (Iíd forgotten how good peas taste when frozen, used to raid the freezer when I was a kid)
    The wife has read all the literature and stated that itís a minimum of 35 times over three months before the test
    Minus one week after the operation, four days abstinence before the test, and the three weeks when the red flag is flying, equates to roughly every one and a half days and because of the Irish blood from a couple of generations back, the old ďsure to be sureĒ theory Iíve told her itís every day for three months All the fun, No more babiesAll the fun, No more babies

    Now I better send her down to the shop for more peas (maybe peas and corn for something different)🤣

    Gav
    1985 110 Dual Cab 4.6 R380 ARB Lockers (currently NIS due to roof kissing road)
    1985 110 Station Wagon 3.5 LT85 (unmolested blank canvas)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hobart
    Posts
    2,733
    Hi,
    Hmmm, I remember riding home from the 'op' standing on the pegs of the motorbike.
    Got lots of sympathy for a few days,
    Cheers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ZFD
    Posts
    3,590
    Doc told me it was 30 ďshotsĒ before the sample needs to be sent off.

    Told the Doc the challenge was accepted - dropped the sample off in a week All the fun, No more babies

    We even gave the old fella a road test about an hour after getting home from the hospital - still worked like a charm - but WOW, looked like a Saints supporter down there for a few days after...
    Cheers
    Tombie

    AULRO Holiday Reward Points Winner!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Geraldton WA
    Posts
    6,535
    Been there done that and yes it is uncomfortable for a couple of days.
    When I remarried I had a reversal done and the pain and discomfort from that was much worse.
    You only get one shot at life, Aim well

    2004 D2 "S" V8 auto, with a few Mods
    2007 79 Series Landcruiser V8 Ute, With a few Mods.
    4.6m Quintrex boat
    20' Jayco Expanda caravan

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Koojan WA (part time Perth)
    Posts
    443
    Geez Tombie, 30 shots in a week, you must have some harem or one well trained lady
    Giving him a workout an hour later, your idea or the wifeís? No rest for the wicked eh
    It sounds like Mrs Tombie puts her pants on in the morning only having to take them off again before breakfast All the fun, No more babiesAll the fun, No more babies

    Quote Originally Posted by trout1105 View Post
    Been there done that and yes it is uncomfortable for a couple of days.
    When I remarried I had a reversal done and the pain and discomfort from that was much worse.
    The pain appears to be subsiding or maybe Iím getting high on peas

    Hopefully the reversal is not required, the two boys cause me enough headaches (let alone seem to suck the old bank account dry) without having more

    All the fun, No more babiesAll the fun, No more babies

    Gav
    1985 110 Dual Cab 4.6 R380 ARB Lockers (currently NIS due to roof kissing road)
    1985 110 Station Wagon 3.5 LT85 (unmolested blank canvas)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ZFD
    Posts
    3,590
    We had been together for 3 months... still the Honeymoon phase All the fun, No more babies
    Cheers
    Tombie

    AULRO Holiday Reward Points Winner!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!