Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 189

Thread: Impeachment or the 25th before the 20th?

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Adelaide Hills
    Posts
    12,639
    Quote Originally Posted by SBD4 View Post
    By seeing this through he will be disqualified from holding any elected public office and importantly not be allowed to collect campaign donations which, it expected, he will just use for personal gain.
    whats the likelihood he will every be elected to public office again?
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzaTD5 View Post
    Its a land Rover Defender... you need a real mechanic

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Geraldton WA
    Posts
    6,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevo View Post
    but whats the point? it feel like revenge.
    The POINT is that if NOTHING is done about his abhorrent behaviour it will set a "Precedent" for future presidents to do the same thing.
    Trump HAS to be censured for his actions and impeachment is the Only way this can be done, The alternative is to do Nothing thereby making his actions acceptable which they definitely are NOT.
    You only get one shot at life, Aim well

    2004 D2 "S" V8 auto, with a few Mods
    2007 79 Series Landcruiser V8 Ute, With a few Mods.
    4.6m Quintrex boat
    20' Jayco Expanda caravan

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bellarine Peninsula, Brackistan
    Posts
    3,221
    Quote Originally Posted by trout1105 View Post
    The POINT is that if NOTHING is done about his abhorrent behaviour it will set a "Precedent" for future presidents to do the same thing.
    Trump HAS to be censured for his actions and impeachment is the Only way this can be done, The alternative is to do Nothing thereby making his actions acceptable which they definitely are NOT.
    You must be counting his 'inactions' (deliberate or not) as some sort of actions.

    DL

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Adelaide Hills
    Posts
    12,639
    Quote Originally Posted by trout1105 View Post
    The POINT is that if NOTHING is done about his abhorrent behaviour it will set a "Precedent" for future presidents to do the same thing.
    Trump HAS to be censured for his actions and impeachment is the Only way this can be done, The alternative is to do Nothing thereby making his actions acceptable which they definitely are NOT.

    isnt that up for the voters to decide?
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzaTD5 View Post
    Its a land Rover Defender... you need a real mechanic

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Geraldton WA
    Posts
    6,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevo View Post
    isnt that up for the voters to decide?
    The voters have already decided to Boot Trump out of office
    You only get one shot at life, Aim well

    2004 D2 "S" V8 auto, with a few Mods
    2007 79 Series Landcruiser V8 Ute, With a few Mods.
    4.6m Quintrex boat
    20' Jayco Expanda caravan

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Adelaide Hills
    Posts
    12,639
    Quote Originally Posted by trout1105 View Post
    The voters have already decided to Boot Trump out of office
    so anything after that is just pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzaTD5 View Post
    Its a land Rover Defender... you need a real mechanic

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    4511
    Posts
    19,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevo View Post
    so anything after that is just pointless.
    leaders need to be held to account....
    1995 Defender 130 Dualcab Ute

    "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it." -- a warning from Adolf Hitler
    "If you don't have a sense of humour, you probably don't have any sense at all!" -- a wise observation by someone else
    'If everyone colludes in believing that war is the norm, nobody will recognize the imperative of peace." -- Anne Deveson
    “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” - Pericles

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Adelaide Hills
    Posts
    12,639
    Quote Originally Posted by incisor View Post
    leaders need to be held to account....
    in a democracy (which the US claims to be), public offices are accountable to the voters.

    and again i ask, how does impeachment help the transition of power?
    if trump was there storming capital building with the others, i could understand. but he wasnt.

    to me, this just feels like ego;s getting involved and revenge (and a lot of media frenzy). in 5 days time, trump will be gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzaTD5 View Post
    Its a land Rover Defender... you need a real mechanic

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bundeena, NSW, Aust
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevo View Post
    whats the likelihood he will every be elected to public office again?
    Doesn't matter, lets just make sure.
    Cheers,

    Sean

    MY16 RRS TDV6 3.0 SE Fuji White
    MY10 D4 TDV6 3.0 HSE Baltic Blue - Gone

    “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.” - Albert Einstein

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Geraldton WA
    Posts
    6,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevo View Post
    in a democracy (which the US claims to be), public offices are accountable to the voters.

    and again i ask, how does impeachment help the transition of power?
    if trump was there storming capital building with the others, i could understand. but he wasnt.

    to me, this just feels like ego;s getting involved and revenge (and a lot of media frenzy). in 5 days time, trump will be gone.
    Grow up Eevo.
    Trump Incited the mob that invaded the Senate and Must be held accountable for his actions.
    Of course he wasn't actually with the Mob simply because he is far too gutless to do the actual dirty work.
    He Most definitely incited the insurrection with his speech just prior to the attack.
    What part of that don't you understand and what part of what he did doesn't warrant him being impeached for his actions.

    The only "Ego" in play here is Trumps and because he Lost the election so he tried to bluster and bully a change the results in his favor and when that failed he resorted to insurrection, What a Looser.

    He is the president of the United States and he behaved abysmally So he MUST be held accountable for his actions.
    You only get one shot at life, Aim well

    2004 D2 "S" V8 auto, with a few Mods
    2007 79 Series Landcruiser V8 Ute, With a few Mods.
    4.6m Quintrex boat
    20' Jayco Expanda caravan

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!