Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Odd electrical interference.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    23,694

    Odd electrical interference.

    I just got RBTed on an open road, the closest habitation being a fruit/veggie farm a couple of hundred yards from the road.
    Did the bizzo with the law and went to restart the car but it didn't fire. This occasionally happens when I park close to the automatic door at my local servo. I just relock/unlock the car and it starts. On this occasion I had to enable and disable the immobiliser twice.
    Upon arrival at home, a few minutes later, I tethered my tablet to my phone and got a message, "internet unavailable". The phone was turned on but unable to phone, text or connect to www. Turning the phone off and back on rectified the situation.
    Coincidence or what? Do police cars have electronic gizmos that could do that?
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  2. #2
    350RRC's Avatar
    350RRC is offline YarnMaster Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bellarine Peninsula, Brackistan
    Posts
    3,562
    Donut heaters?

    DL

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hobart
    Posts
    2,812
    Hi,
    A WiFi hot spot in the car could do that if it was open AND overpowering anything else in the location.
    Cheers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    23,694
    Quote Originally Posted by 350RRC View Post
    Donut heaters?

    DL
    Not in Queensland, the poor buggers only get Hyundais.
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    23,694
    Quote Originally Posted by austastar View Post
    Hi,
    A WiFi hot spot in the car could do that if it was open AND overpowering anything else in the location.
    Cheers
    Not in my car. When I tether the phone and tablet, in the car, it never has issues.
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The new Gold Coast, after ocean rises,Queensland
    Posts
    11,456
    I think you posted in the wrong thread Ian.....you want the conspiracy theory thread.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    23,694
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblingboy42 View Post
    I think you posted in the wrong thread Ian.....you want the conspiracy theory thread.
    I did wonder if it was one of the billionaires, buzzing around above us.
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  8. #8
    Saitch's Avatar
    Saitch is offline ForumSage Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Armstrong Creek, Qld
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    I just got RBTed on an open road, the closest habitation being a fruit/veggie farm a couple of hundred yards from the road.
    Did the bizzo with the law and went to restart the car but it didn't fire. This occasionally happens when I park close to the automatic door at my local servo. I just relock/unlock the car and it starts. On this occasion I had to enable and disable the immobiliser twice.
    Upon arrival at home, a few minutes later, I tethered my tablet to my phone and got a message, "internet unavailable". The phone was turned on but unable to phone, text or connect to www. Turning the phone off and back on rectified the situation.
    Coincidence or what? Do police cars have electronic gizmos that could do that?
    Marspolice.jpg
    Infinity: A measureless measurement of a timeless time.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Horsham Victoria
    Posts
    530
    The truth is out there Scully

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    23,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitch View Post
    Thanks Steve, I knew I could rely on you for an informative, logical and sensible explanation.
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!