Page 117 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1194

Thread: Covid Mk ll

  1. #1161
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    brighton, brisbane
    Posts
    33,531
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyDiver View Post
    Kids 6 months to 5 years are in the mix possibly soon - ONCE proven safe!!! Your doctor may give you your booster <6 months. Asking during an appointment not via staff who have the six month SCRIPT to give us breathing space Shhhhhh
    Thanks mate. Boondall has walk in booster jabs happening but I don't know if you can get them before 6 months. Going over tomorrow to ask. 6 months to 5 years, that takes in the G'kids. Yes, proven safe, how do you do that during a pandemic. The low dose vaccine has been passed safe for 5 to 12 year olds, but it's all sounding a bit like Hobson's choice ATM. Get them vaccinated soon, and take the risk of side effects, or wait & risk they get COVID, it's such a horrible time for Parents of young children. And the waning immunity elderly. Oh well, that scaly old CPO that used to kick our arse back in the day with the words " what doesn't kill you makes you stronger " could have been on to something. I just hope the roll call at the end of this is the same as the one before. Cheers.
    Iím pretty sure the dinosaurs died out when they stopped gathering food and started having meetings to discuss gathering food

    A bookshop is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking

  2. #1162
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    24,602
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  3. #1163
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tecoma Vic
    Posts
    9,250
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    lol


  4. #1164
    NavyDiver's Avatar
    NavyDiver is offline Very Very Lucky! Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,180
    Local almost news "Novavax applies for approval to use its Covid-19 vaccine in S'pore"

    I get another dose of novavax next week i think. My drug problems No idea why but some people seem to be holding out for that version of vaccine

    "SINGAPORE - A new Covid-19 vaccine could be available in Singapore, with American firm Novavax having applied for interim authorisation by the Health Sciences Authority (HSA).
    Confirming this, the authority told The Straits Times that Novavax had submitted data in its application via the Pandemic Special Access Route on Nov 22.
    "HSA has commenced a careful and thorough rolling review of the data to ensure that the vaccine meets requirements for quality, safety and efficacy for interim authorisation before it is approved for use in Singapore," said its spokesman.
    She added that the time taken for the review could range from several weeks to months, depending on the completeness of the data submitted and the time taken by the company to respond to HSA's queries that may surface during regulatory evaluation.
    According to the US biotechnology company, clinical trial data compiled from two phase three trials shows that the non-mRNA vaccine has an efficacy rate of around 90 per cent across a variety of viral variants."

    Link

    Our very cool nurse is in the thick of it again in the morning. The 3rd jab begins I get to be nursemaid on notes and crowd control which is rather hot and sweating in all the plastic PPE. More than a little sociable to be honest so the PPE is a very small price. One very ANTI is getting one reluctantly as a wedding invite is conditional - how very rude apparently! . How I wish I could record that rubbish just once. If it arcs up to much I might be ANTI giving a vaccine in that case- that would be very rude of course

  5. #1165
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    brighton, brisbane
    Posts
    33,531
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyDiver View Post
    Local almost news "Novavax applies for approval to use its Covid-19 vaccine in S'pore"

    I get another dose of novavax next week i think. My drug problems No idea why but some people seem to be holding out for that version of vaccine

    "SINGAPORE - A new Covid-19 vaccine could be available in Singapore, with American firm Novavax having applied for interim authorisation by the Health Sciences Authority (HSA).
    Confirming this, the authority told The Straits Times that Novavax had submitted data in its application via the Pandemic Special Access Route on Nov 22.
    "HSA has commenced a careful and thorough rolling review of the data to ensure that the vaccine meets requirements for quality, safety and efficacy for interim authorisation before it is approved for use in Singapore," said its spokesman.
    She added that the time taken for the review could range from several weeks to months, depending on the completeness of the data submitted and the time taken by the company to respond to HSA's queries that may surface during regulatory evaluation.
    According to the US biotechnology company, clinical trial data compiled from two phase three trials shows that the non-mRNA vaccine has an efficacy rate of around 90 per cent across a variety of viral variants."

    Link

    Our very cool nurse is in the thick of it again in the morning. The 3rd jab begins I get to be nursemaid on notes and crowd control which is rather hot and sweating in all the plastic PPE. More than a little sociable to be honest so the PPE is a very small price. One very ANTI is getting one reluctantly as a wedding invite is conditional - how very rude apparently! . How I wish I could record that rubbish just once. If it arcs up to much I might be ANTI giving a vaccine in that case- that would be very rude of course
    Here is news no one wanted to hear. A new variant in Africa, so dangerous the UK has banned flights from Africa, and is considering limited introduction of PCR tests for arrivals. Israel has banned its citizens from travelling to Southern Africa. This is said to be the most dangerous variant yet seen, with double the mutations seen in the Delta variant.

    Ewan Birney, Deputy Director General of the European Molecular Biology Library , which advises the UK government, has said it posed a risk of worsening the pandemic. He urged countries not to make the mistake of failing to act quickly. The WHO is closely monitoring the variant, and will convene a technical meeting Friday to determine if it should be designated a variant of " interest" or of " concern ".

    These variants have popped up before, and most have ended up not as dangerous as first thought, but Birney says in the initial investigation of such variations, it pays to be reasonably paranoid. From the Guardian;

    South Africa to be put on Englandís travel red list over new Covid variant | Coronavirus | The Guardian
    Iím pretty sure the dinosaurs died out when they stopped gathering food and started having meetings to discuss gathering food

    A bookshop is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking

  6. #1166
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    brighton, brisbane
    Posts
    33,531
    The NYT reported on the new variant, the B1.1.529, as it's been called. The WHO meets Friday to give it a Greek symbol, apparently, and the times reports there have been only 22 cases reported, one in Hong Kong. The new variant has more than 30 mutations in the spike protein alone , on the ACE2 receptor, the protein that helps create an entry point for the virus to infect human cells, there are 10.The Beta variant has 3 the Delta 2, according to Tulio de Oliveira, director of the Kwazulu-Natal research and Innovation sequencing program. From the NYT;

    South Africa Identifies New Variant of Coronavirus - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    Iím pretty sure the dinosaurs died out when they stopped gathering food and started having meetings to discuss gathering food

    A bookshop is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking

  7. #1167
    Homestar's Avatar
    Homestar is offline Super Moderator & CA manager Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sunbury, VIC
    Posts
    19,113
    Quote Originally Posted by bob10 View Post
    The NYT reported on the new variant, the B1.1.529, as it's been called. The WHO meets Friday to give it a Greek symbol, apparently, and the times reports there have been only 22 cases reported, one in Hong Kong. The new variant has more than 30 mutations in the spike protein alone , on the ACE2 receptor, the protein that helps create an entry point for the virus to infect human cells, there are 10.The Beta variant has 3 the Delta 2, according to Tulio de Oliveira, director of the Kwazulu-Natal research and Innovation sequencing program. From the NYT;

    South Africa Identifies New Variant of Coronavirus - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    Well that will give WA an excuse to keep the borders shut for another year. Covid Mk ll


    1977 101 FC - 'Chucky'
    1986 Classic RR - 'Thing'
    1977 Jaguar XJ6

  8. #1168
    NavyDiver's Avatar
    NavyDiver is offline Very Very Lucky! Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,180

    B.1.1.529.

    The HUGE jump in cases in South Africa when the new 'worst one yet' hit "a daily new case rate of several hundreds, but in the last few days it shot into the thousands and hit 2,465 yesterday." is bad news plus for us smugly now sneaking out.


    Interesting the see how vaccines hold up to it. Suspect they will rather well for the 2nd and 3rd dose crew. The early vaccinated with astrazeneca with about 66% protection or less if you have age or health issues will be needing the huge jump in insurance the 3rd mrna vaccine dose gives.

    Its in Hong Kong++ meaning it is almost certainly on its way here now or very very soon via the just opened flights from Singapore and elsewhere. I had a guy in my room getting No3 who flew back from Finland a week ago. International travel is not cheap but still happening.

    Even if the multiple mutation is not yet a issue with most of the world not yet vaxed it is clear from Delta and B.1.1.529 are not the last we will see.

    I suspect it will become like the annual flu jab which changes every year to fit the strain mutations. Happily we are very good at doing that most of the time.

    I hope Australia Gets it skates on and the MRNA manufacturing happening here quickly

  9. #1169
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    10,546
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyDiver View Post
    The HUGE jump in cases in South Africa when the new 'worst one yet' hit "a daily new case rate of several hundreds, but in the last few days it shot into the thousands and hit 2,465 yesterday." is bad news plus for us smugly now sneaking out.


    Interesting the see how vaccines hold up to it. Suspect they will rather well for the 2nd and 3rd dose crew. The early vaccinated with astrazeneca with about 66% protection or less if you have age or health issues will be needing the huge jump in insurance the 3rd mrna vaccine dose gives.

    Its in Hong Kong++ meaning it is almost certainly on its way here now or very very soon via the just opened flights from Singapore and elsewhere. I had a guy in my room getting No3 who flew back from Finland a week ago. International travel is not cheap but still happening.

    Even if the multiple mutation is not yet a issue with most of the world not yet vaxed it is clear from Delta and B.1.1.529 are not the last we will see.

    I suspect it will become like the annual flu jab which changes every year to fit the strain mutations. Happily we are very good at doing that most of the time.

    I hope Australia Gets it skates on and the MRNA manufacturing happening here quickly
    I must be reading Womens Weekly as I haven't read of those cases James, just a few from interstate. Maybe I should get out more.

  10. #1170
    NavyDiver's Avatar
    NavyDiver is offline Very Very Lucky! Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,180
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bee View Post
    I must be reading Womens Weekly as I haven't read of those cases James, just a few from interstate. Maybe I should get out more.
    Honestly Des a young gent I run with at times thought I was odd thinking our first escape from Lock down here might not be anything more than paranoid. Six times later

    Virus are not stopped by bravado or conspiracies



    Those who have not got 1 or the Double might be shocked to see the lock outs for those who have not had three dose which have already started in some places. Not meaning to be a downer. It is knowledge to keep us safe 4wding, Diving or avoiding the avoidable

    I heard of a homeless person who took 15+ doses and is fine and a little more ****ed than normal. The people paying that person to pretend to be them so they can pretend to be vaccinate are up for a Darwin award I feel if they do not have kids

    Just as long as the **** fight coming again doesn't start before I get to run my marathon I am happy as. Watching Germany for a back flip on a Element used for power. Watching our northern mates for B.1.1.529

Page 117 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!