Page 188 of 192 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1914

Thread: Covid Mk ll

  1. #1871
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    11,029
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyDiver View Post
    Rat tests are like toilet paper. It will not take long for the horders to get OVERFILLED and the rest of us get hold of what we need when we need them. If you get some do not get to many. One rats enough

    Super sunday is set up. I allowed an hour or two- Parked in two hour parking. 4 hours later and Yep I got one. The laugh on that is have grumbled about the all day parkers for years $84 fine paid with gritted smile on


    Oh dear. Put it down to a bad habit we have all picked up during this Pandemic, it is called "taking the ****"


    At least you can see the funny side, (there is a funny side there isn't there?)


    That is a helluva lot of Bin Scrounging for 10c plastic bottle deposits you now have to do.


    Best of luck James. Wear PPE won't you. Remember....

  2. #1872
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tuross Head, South Coast, NSW
    Posts
    5,607
    I notice that even the official sites are guilty of the same tautology that we all seem to find it hard to avoid.

    A RAT test is a Rapid Antigen Test test. The same as PIN number is a Personal Identification Number number and an ATM machine is an Automatic Teller Machine Machine.

    I think I once read someone refer to it as an RA test and it just didn't sound right even though it is correct.

    1973 Series III LWB 1983 - 2006
    1998 300 Tdi Defender Trayback 2006 - often fitted with a Trayon slide-on camper.

  3. #1873
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    11,029
    Quote Originally Posted by vnx205 View Post
    I notice that even the official sites are guilty of the same tautology that we all seem to find it hard to avoid.

    A RAT test is a Rapid Antigen Test test. The same as PIN number is a Personal Identification Number number and an ATM machine is an Automatic Teller Machine Machine.

    I think I once read someone refer to it as an RA test and it just didn't sound right even though it is correct.
    I think RAT Test rolls off the tongue better than RA or Rapid Antigen Test & it cannot be confused unless one has a rat problem.


    EDIT. RAT PAK rolls off the tongue even better (with apologies to Sammy Davis Jnr, Frank Sinatra. Deano & a handful of other Hollywood types).

  4. #1874
    Saitch's Avatar
    Saitch is offline ForumSage Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Armstrong Creek, Qld
    Posts
    6,405
    I smell a RAT with the concept!
    'sit bonum tempora volvunt'


  5. #1875
    NavyDiver's Avatar
    NavyDiver is offline Very Very Lucky! Gold Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitch View Post
    I smell a RAT with the concept!
    Dad tested negative to his RAT. The person out side asking if "could he do it himself?" would or should have know his dementia just might not support the answer

    He has it with aches and headache. Terribly sore fingers yet he can still taste this. Suspect he is over it in a day or two. Mum is much better today as well. My Uncle is still in hospital and Aunt is positive now. On the very bright side I perhaps did not waste my sunday entirely

    "The third dose is shown to provide much greater protection against the highly infectious Omicron variant, which has led to thousands of breakthrough infections of people with two doses.
    However, a course of two doses is still shown to prevent serious illness, with three-quarters of people in Victorian intensive care units not fully vaccinated." and ""
    Omicron gets past two doses of vaccine

    Because of this variant, it really is three doses as an absolute core requirement to stop transmission," Mr Andrews said."We know that two doses have been very successful in preventing, in the vast majority of cases, really significant illness, people getting desperately unwell." link to the yarn

    More than one person offered to buy me a coffee during our Vax super Sunday today. I was still trying to drink the one I made. Rather hard to get to it with an N95mask on securely It didn't cost me any triple time on Sunday so was done on the CHEAP by me not getting paid. My tight arse is secure

    A band-aid over my ears helped hide the blood from last weeks efforts Let the song rip


  6. #1876
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    11,029
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyDiver View Post
    Dad tested negative to his RAT. The person out side asking if "could he do it himself?" would or should have know his dementia just might not support the answer

    He has it with aches and headache. Terribly sore fingers yet he can still taste this. Suspect he is over it in a day or two. Mum is much better today as well. My Uncle is still in hospital and Aunt is positive now. On the very bright side I perhaps did not waste my sunday entirely

    "The third dose is shown to provide much greater protection against the highly infectious Omicron variant, which has led to thousands of breakthrough infections of people with two doses.
    However, a course of two doses is still shown to prevent serious illness, with three-quarters of people in Victorian intensive care units not fully vaccinated." and ""
    Omicron gets past two doses of vaccine

    Because of this variant, it really is three doses as an absolute core requirement to stop transmission," Mr Andrews said."We know that two doses have been very successful in preventing, in the vast majority of cases, really significant illness, people getting desperately unwell." link to the yarn

    More than one person offered to buy me a coffee during our Vax super Sunday today. I was still trying to drink the one I made. Rather hard to get to it with an N95mask on securely It didn't cost me any triple time on Sunday so was done on the CHEAP by me not getting paid. My tight arse is secure

    A band-aid over my ears helped hide the blood from last weeks efforts Let the song rip

    My tight arse is secure
    I very much doubt that, weren't you in the Navy.

  7. #1877
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    17,876
    My uncle is in a nursing home and one of the dementia patients had to go to hospital - while there had to do a PCR test but result was not available when discharged - on getting back to the nursing home all arrivals do a RAT and it was negative - shortly after PCR came back as positive causing a bit of confusion. So patient isolated and the rest of the home into lockdown. Next morning a further RAT done and negative and a further PCR test done - all stay in isolation until PCR result which was negative - put down to some contamination either in hospital or at the test laboratory. Good to see the system working to protect residents. As I understand it, RATs can give false positives but rarely give false negatives "if used correctly".

    At the home, all arrivals irrespective of whether they are staff or visitors have to do a RAT on arrival and before they enter the facility. To date no visitors have been detected but 3 staff have been picked up and sent home. The nursing home is in Wollongong and many of the other homes have had Covid infections this time around but unlike previous outbreaks residents are not dying like they did before with no local nursing home deaths recorded.

    Garry
    REMLR 243

    2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
    1977 FC 101
    1973 Haflinger AP700
    1971 Jaguar V12 E-Type Series 3 Roadster
    1957 Series 1 88"
    1957 Series 1 88" Station Wagon

  8. #1878
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Central West NSW
    Posts
    12,925
    Quote Originally Posted by 101RRS View Post
    As I understand it, RATs can give false positives but rarely give false negatives "if used correctly".
    I thought it was the other way??? If a RAT say's you're positive, then you're positive. But if a RAT says you're negative, you might still be positive.
    Cheers
    Slunnie


    ~ Discovery II Td5 ~ Discovery 3dr V8 ~ Series IIa 6cyl ute ~ Series II V8 ute ~

  9. #1879
    Saitch's Avatar
    Saitch is offline ForumSage Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Armstrong Creek, Qld
    Posts
    6,405
    Why hasn't the United Nations released a communique based on " WHO gives a RATS"?
    'sit bonum tempora volvunt'


  10. #1880
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Adelaide Hills. South Australia
    Posts
    11,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitch View Post
    Why hasn't the United Nations released a communique based on " WHO gives a RATS"?


    Maybe their INBOX Swear censor is not set up to process anticipated replies?

Page 188 of 192 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!