Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: I think the world is ganging up on me

  1. #11
    3toes is offline Wizard Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Knaresborough North Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    1,358
    Have a friend who does training for a couple of transport companies. All drivers have to do this training before their first trip and then again at regular intervals

    Training is how to climb in and out of a truck cab. Most drivers hate it as they considered is treating them as not knowing how to do the most basic of tasks

    Not a legal requirement but they identified too many drivers injuring themselves getting in and out. When looked into most people were just being careless

    From a selfish point of view injured drivers represented unnecessary down time and hassle to find a replacement at short notice . Training has seen a significant reduction in injury which has to be a win for the drivers

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Leaning into a nor'wester
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by JDNSW View Post
    And this afternnon I tripped and fell heavily in the shed, dropping the carburettor. It does not appear to be damaged, which is more than can be said for my knees, particularly my left one, although nothing seems to be broken, just bruised - enough to draw blood on the left kneecap despite the overalls. Pretty shaken though.
    A couple of days later is when I feel something like this. So, a couple of days gone, how are the knees? Hope all is well.

  3. #13
    JDNSW's Avatar
    JDNSW is offline RoverLord Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Central West NSW
    Posts
    26,756
    Quote Originally Posted by windsock View Post
    A couple of days later is when I feel something like this. So, a couple of days gone, how are the knees? Hope all is well.
    "All is well" is perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, but they seem to be getting better. Last night getting into bed, rolling over in bed was quite painful, but this morning I rolled over without even thinking of them. But now you have drawn my attention - they are still painful, but the pain is low level, down there with my arthritis and neuralgia.

    Thanks for thinking about me!
    John

    JDNSW
    1986 110 County 3.9 diesel
    1970 2a 109 2.25 petrol

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane West
    Posts
    24,821
    Quote Originally Posted by JDNSW View Post
    "All is well" is perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, but they seem to be getting better. Last night getting into bed, rolling over in bed was quite painful, but this morning I rolled over without even thinking of them. But now you have drawn my attention - they are still painful, but the pain is low level, down there with my arthritis and neuralgia.

    Thanks for thinking about me!
    He's after your County.
    If you don't like trucks, stop buying stuff.
    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/signaturepics/sigpic20865_1.gif

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Leaning into a nor'wester
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Ian View Post
    He's after your County.
    Crikey! Didn't have you as a cynical man Ian!

  6. #16
    mick88's Avatar
    mick88 is offline Lord Jock Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Irymple, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,886
    Once over age Fifty its a good idea to carry a copy of your Birth Certificate around in your back pocket.
    When contemplating stunts like scaling ladders, climbing on roofs, etc, etc, take it out and read the date on it

    Cheers, Mick.
    1974 S3 88 Holden 186.
    1971 S2A 88
    1971 S2A 109 6 cyl. tray back.
    1964 S2A 88 "Starfire Four" engine!
    1972 S3 88 x 2
    1959 S2 88 ARN 111-014
    1959 S2 88 ARN 111-556
    1988 Perentie 110 FFR ARN 48-728 steering now KLR PAS!
    REMLR 88
    1969 BSA Bantam B175

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Leaning into a nor'wester
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by mick88 View Post
    Once over age Fifty its a good idea to carry a copy of your Birth Certificate around in your back pocket.
    When contemplating stunts like scaling ladders, climbing on roofs, etc, etc, take it out and read the date on it

    Cheers, Mick.
    The delusion of invincibility is ageless...

  8. #18
    JDNSW's Avatar
    JDNSW is offline RoverLord Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Central West NSW
    Posts
    26,756
    I've been climbing on this house's roof since I built it 22 years ago, and climbing on house roofs for probably 70 years if you include the times we sneaked up on the roof to retrieve the ball when Dad was not home (despite an absolute ban on doing so).
    John

    JDNSW
    1986 110 County 3.9 diesel
    1970 2a 109 2.25 petrol

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hookturnistan, currently
    Posts
    10,307
    Quote Originally Posted by 3toes;[URL="tel:3129718"
    3129718[/URL]]Have a friend who does training for a couple of transport companies. All drivers have to do this training before their first trip and then again at regular intervals

    Training is how to climb in and out of a truck cab. Most drivers hate it as they considered is treating them as not knowing how to do the most basic of tasks

    Not a legal requirement but they identified too many drivers injuring themselves getting in and out. When looked into most people were just being careless

    From a selfish point of view injured drivers represented unnecessary down time and hassle to find a replacement at short notice . Training has seen a significant reduction in injury which has to be a win for the drivers
    3 points of contact and all that? Yep, and that is where I failed. Been on the road for five days with little sleep ( timeslots should be banned) so fatigue played a role.
    ​JayTee

    Depositatum De Latrina

    2000 D2 TD5 Auto: Tins
    1994 D1 300TDi Manual: Dave
    1980 SIII Petrol Tray: Doris
    OKA #74, Ook!

    Nanocom, D2 TD5 only.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hookturnistan, currently
    Posts
    10,307
    Quote Originally Posted by JDNSW;[URL="tel:3129888"
    3129888[/URL]]I've been climbing on this house's roof since I built it 22 years ago, and climbing on house roofs for probably 70 years if you include the times we sneaked up on the roof to retrieve the ball when Dad was not home (despite an absolute ban on doing so).
    My dad was up on his roof at 90, and he was bent like a question mark.
    ​JayTee

    Depositatum De Latrina

    2000 D2 TD5 Auto: Tins
    1994 D1 300TDi Manual: Dave
    1980 SIII Petrol Tray: Doris
    OKA #74, Ook!

    Nanocom, D2 TD5 only.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!