Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Fault Codes U2023 and P0087

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsys View Post
    One weird thing I have. If I pull the LPFP fuse, the LPFP still runs. Figure that one out. Iíve concluded that on a disco 3, nothing is as it seems
    That is indeed peculiar. If I pull the LPFP fuse the car still runs, but that's relying on the feed pump in the HPFP to pull fuel up from the tank. The LPFP is certainly not running.

    I wonder where it's getting power from, and if it's a reliable circuit?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BradC View Post
    That is indeed peculiar. If I pull the LPFP fuse the car still runs, but that's relying on the feed pump in the HPFP to pull fuel up from the tank. The LPFP is certainly not running.

    I wonder where it's getting power from, and if it's a reliable circuit?
    Thatís the only thing stopping me from replacing the HPFP. Where is the LPFP power coming from? If I take the fuse out and put the ignition on I can hear the pump run for the 15 seconds. It suggests a short somewhere and as you say, it may be not be a reliable circuit tripping out occasionally.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsys View Post
    Lol. Unfortunately mine is an auto and the BING coincides with TRANSMISSION FAULT So itís too late. However, having read this thread a couple of months back, Iíve been driving by taking my foot off the gas where I think it would normally fault like a shallow incline.
    I would think a leaking injector should throw a Low Injector Pressure fault and not the fuel rail. Who knows? Itís a disco!

    My rebuild happened after the dreaded oil pump failure.

    One weird thing I have. If I pull the LPFP fuse, the LPFP still runs. Figure that one out. Iíve concluded that on a disco 3, nothing is as it seems
    Why do you think itís still running? Because it keeps running? Refer to Brads comment that the HPFP can successfully draw through it, albeit not effectively.
    2010 TDV6 3.0L Discovery 4 HSE
    2007 Audi RS4 (B7)

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoJeffster View Post
    Why do you think itís still running? Because it keeps running? Refer to Brads comment that the HPFP can successfully draw through it, albeit not effectively.
    Sorry. Extra explanation. If I pull the fuse, then put the ignition on I can hear the pump run for itís 15 seconds before the relay kicks it off. If I replace the fuse, exactly the same. So the relay is getting power from somewhere but it doesnít look like itís from fuse 1. Which is why I am so baffled.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsys View Post
    Sorry. Extra explanation. If I pull the fuse, then put the ignition on I can hear the pump run for itís 15 seconds before the relay kicks it off. If I replace the fuse, exactly the same. So the relay is getting power from somewhere but it doesnít look like itís from fuse 1. Which is why I am so baffled.
    Iíd certainly be looking into that. Unfortunately unless your P0087 occurs under heavy load then itís unlikely the Power source to the LPFP is the issue.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BradC View Post
    Iíd certainly be looking into that. Unfortunately unless your P0087 occurs under heavy load then itís unlikely the Power source to the LPFP is the issue.
    No. Mine is under normal driving usually either on the flat or slight incline. Boot it and itís fine. Iím certain itís the HPFP but before the rebuild it was fine so something happened during the rebuild - either some dirt ingress or damage in some way

    The rebuild was a total abortion by the garage. Leak off pipes leaking onto the exhaust (that was a fun journey). Both rockers leaking. Servo pump seal leaking. I even told them to blank off the EGRs (which had been software deleted) and that wasnít done.

    Iím loath to get rid of the car because so much of it is as new now.

    Iím actually in the U.K. and used to run a pub right next to Britpart and know some of the management from those days. The reason I came across this forum was that the symptoms matched mine exactly ie none of this brake switch stuff.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!