Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Android double din.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    St Helena,Melbourne
    Posts
    12,918

    Android double din.

    Decided to take the plunge and fitted a 7" Android Eonon head unit using an aerpro fitting kit. BT, WiFi,GPS, reversing camera were all big pluses as well as loading apps like GAP . sounds great and with 32gig I can fill it with music.
    MY08 TDV6 SE D3- permagrin ooh yeah !
    98 TDI AUTO SE DISCO - gone and will be missed.
    2003 Dingo offroad camper trailer
    1998 Triumph Daytona T595
    1974 VW Kombi bus
    1958 Holden FC special sedan

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Blackstone
    Posts
    312
    Triple J. Someone has good music taste. Do you have a part number. Went to the Eonon website but there was no unit specifically for D3/4.
    MY08 TDV6 D3 Zermatt Silver, B.A.S ECU Remap, ARB Bar, 12K Kingone Winch, 2x100Ah LiFePo4 Auxiliary Power, Safari Snorkel, Baja Rack Roof Rack, Brown Davis Aux. Tank, RWC, Front Runner Rear Ladder, Drifta Drawers, Doran TPMS, LLAMS, GAP IID BT.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    St Helena,Melbourne
    Posts
    12,918
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
    Triple J. Someone has good music taste. Do you have a part number. Went to the Eonon website but there was no unit specifically for D3/4.
    Its a universal unit, just the fascia that is vehicle specific . Model is GA2175, was going to get the GA2170 (4gig ram, 8 core cpu) but they were sold out during the sale when i bought mine.
    Fascia kit is from Aerpro and not cheap at @ $185 but you get everything required including canbus SWC compatible harness, cost me $400 for the lot.

    https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS/2-Din-GPS-Navigation/New-Android-8-1-2GB-RAM-Quad-Core-Processor-Head-Unit-1024-600-HD-Universal-Navigation-GPS-Radio-Double-DinCar-Stereo.html

    GA2175-01.jpg
    MY08 TDV6 SE D3- permagrin ooh yeah !
    98 TDI AUTO SE DISCO - gone and will be missed.
    2003 Dingo offroad camper trailer
    1998 Triumph Daytona T595
    1974 VW Kombi bus
    1958 Holden FC special sedan

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Blackstone
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by loanrangie View Post
    Its a universal unit, just the fascia that is vehicle specific . Model is GA2175, was going to get the GA2170 (4gig ram, 8 core cpu) but they were sold out during the sale when i bought mine.
    Fascia kit is from Aerpro and not cheap at @ $185 but you get everything required including canbus SWC compatible harness, cost me $400 for the lot.

    https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS/2-Din-GPS-Navigation/New-Android-8-1-2GB-RAM-Quad-Core-Processor-Head-Unit-1024-600-HD-Universal-Navigation-GPS-Radio-Double-DinCar-Stereo.html

    GA2175-01.jpg
    Thanks for that. It looks good and would be a much needed upgrade.
    MY08 TDV6 D3 Zermatt Silver, B.A.S ECU Remap, ARB Bar, 12K Kingone Winch, 2x100Ah LiFePo4 Auxiliary Power, Safari Snorkel, Baja Rack Roof Rack, Brown Davis Aux. Tank, RWC, Front Runner Rear Ladder, Drifta Drawers, Doran TPMS, LLAMS, GAP IID BT.

  5. #5
    LRD414's Avatar
    LRD414 is offline Super Moderator Silver Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,334
    Any loss of factory functions? Does the Gap iiD app display on the head unit?

    Scott
    D4 TDV6 MY14 with Llams, 18" Wheels & BFG KO2s, Traxide DBS, Drifta Drawers, Rhino Platform, APT Sliders & compressor plate & Mitch Hitch
    Link to my D4 Build Thread

    Ex '77 RRC 2 door. Long gone but not forgotten.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    St Helena,Melbourne
    Posts
    12,918
    Quote Originally Posted by LRD414 View Post
    Any loss of factory functions? Does the Gap iiD app display on the head unit?

    Scott
    Only the clock, yet to load the gap app but don't see any reason why it won't work.
    MY08 TDV6 SE D3- permagrin ooh yeah !
    98 TDI AUTO SE DISCO - gone and will be missed.
    2003 Dingo offroad camper trailer
    1998 Triumph Daytona T595
    1974 VW Kombi bus
    1958 Holden FC special sedan

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tangambalanga
    Posts
    7,457
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
    Triple J. Someone has good music taste. Do you have a part number. Went to the Eonon website but there was no unit specifically for D3/4.

    He really listens to Kiss101,, he's an old softy for smooth old music

    JJJ is just for our benefit to look like he's "in the groove" so to speak,,
    Marcus & Leeanne
    2016.5 Loire Blue HSE D4
    1971 S2a Wide Light
    2017 New Age 21' Blue Diamond Caravan
    2011 Crew Cab, Gone.


    http://www.aulro.com/afvb/l319-disco...permagrin.html
    https://www.aulro.com/afvb/series-ii...ide-light.html

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    St Helena,Melbourne
    Posts
    12,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    He really listens to Kiss101,, he's an old softy for smooth old music

    JJJ is just for our benefit to look like he's "in the groove" so to speak,,
    Haha, not by choice but if the women's want something else its there.
    MY08 TDV6 SE D3- permagrin ooh yeah !
    98 TDI AUTO SE DISCO - gone and will be missed.
    2003 Dingo offroad camper trailer
    1998 Triumph Daytona T595
    1974 VW Kombi bus
    1958 Holden FC special sedan

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    St Helena,Melbourne
    Posts
    12,918
    Just went for a drive to test out the GPS after i loaded IGO Nextgen and the latest Aus map, sat acquisition is fast . Surprisingly i can listen to music while the gps is running and still got a pommy chick telling me i'm over the speed limit.
    In the first pic in my first post you can just make out the GPS antenna taped in the cubby hole, wifi antenna is also there.
    MY08 TDV6 SE D3- permagrin ooh yeah !
    98 TDI AUTO SE DISCO - gone and will be missed.
    2003 Dingo offroad camper trailer
    1998 Triumph Daytona T595
    1974 VW Kombi bus
    1958 Holden FC special sedan

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    615
    do the steering wheel controls still work?
    2006 Disco 3, 4L V6 Petrol SE
    No 5 Trailer ARN 177-295
    SOLD Engineers Trailer - no id
    SOLD RAAF 231194 Perentie 110 GS - SIR ANGUS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search AULRO.com ONLY!
Search All the Web!